The CA (Calif) Legal Issue

The CA (Calif) Legal Issue

Anudist
Anudist

January 30th, 2005, 9:16 pm #1

Ok, it continues....

One of the reasons for the attention to this law is that a woman who is arrested for being topfree even in her own yard, could (POSSIBLY)be required to register as a sex offender.

Obviously, something needs to change!

Nat

January 30th, 2005, 10:33 pm #2

Yes, to think a topfree woman is considered comparable to child molesters is beyond comprehension.
Somebody needs to get some sanity back in this country!

JB
JB

January 31st, 2005, 3:00 am #3

Ok, it continues....

One of the reasons for the attention to this law is that a woman who is arrested for being topfree even in her own yard, could (POSSIBLY)be required to register as a sex offender.

That would be almost as bad as being arrested for taking a shower in one's own home.

Nat

January 31st, 2005, 3:28 am #4

Gosh at the rate things are going that may be next!

michaela
michaela

January 31st, 2005, 3:46 pm #5

Ok, it continues....

That is too crazy!

michaela
michaela

January 31st, 2005, 4:17 pm #6

I think adding the names of women who have been arrested for sunbathing topless will invalidate this list of sex offenders. It will dilute the meaning of the list. It negates the seriousness of the list. It is an outrage to the real victims of sex crimes to have this tool be comprimised in this way. Women arrested for having bare breasts in public and forced to register on a list for sex offenders is the worst kind of discrimination and a giant step backward for women everywhere! Phew!

michaela
michaela

January 31st, 2005, 5:07 pm #7

I couldn't think of the word before, but now remember...by having women register on the list of sex offenders it trivializes the reason for the list. And, women, who are already discriminated against in the matter of topfreedom rights are discriminated against even more. I don't see the man with the breasts larger than mine, or the nipples larger than mine topfree at the beach being made to register on a list of criminals. I have seen men with breasts almost as big as my head, and no one give him a second look!

JB
JB

January 31st, 2005, 10:37 pm #8

Michaela, when you said that having women register as sex offenders tends to trivialize the issue, you meant when women have to register because they sunbathed topless, right?

Women sex offenders do exist, though they are much less in number than male sex offenders.
Take for example the teacher who got pregnant by her sixth grade student, she is as much a deviant as a male teacher who has sex with one of his students.

Mike
Mike

January 31st, 2005, 11:29 pm #9

Yes, to think a topfree woman is considered comparable to child molesters is beyond comprehension.
Somebody needs to get some sanity back in this country!
Its inevitable that women will get their topfree rights. People have been avoiding it but its gonna happen sooner or later and the longer people hold it off then the more its gonna hurt when it comes back to bite them in the ass. Sooner or later the public is gonna want women to have equal rights as men and the politicians are gonna have no choice but to give it to them.

Mike
Mike

January 31st, 2005, 11:33 pm #10

I think adding the names of women who have been arrested for sunbathing topless will invalidate this list of sex offenders. It will dilute the meaning of the list. It negates the seriousness of the list. It is an outrage to the real victims of sex crimes to have this tool be comprimised in this way. Women arrested for having bare breasts in public and forced to register on a list for sex offenders is the worst kind of discrimination and a giant step backward for women everywhere! Phew!
The more women get arrested for things like this the more the public is going to raise hell with the issue in an outrage and the politicians are just gonna hear more and more of it until they just cant stand it anymore and will have to do something, otherwise theyre gonna have a huge problem on their hands.