Sibling Problem

Sibling Problem

May 15th, 2003, 6:46 am #1

This is my first post but I have a question for everyone. I'm 19 and I just spent my first year away at college. I came back once for a week in xmas but other then that I hadn't been home . Well while I was gone my younger sister(she's 16) must have really hit puberty. She's now at least 2 inches taller then me, and her breasts have gotten a lot bigger. My parents haven't really bought her anything new so all her clothes are really small. I always by force of habbit tend to glance at her breasts and she catches me everyonce in awhile. My question is are any of you girls offended if a sibling is looking at your breasts? I feel horrible when she catches me

tam
tam

May 15th, 2003, 2:19 pm #2

I have no siblings so I cannot answer in that regard. I can say this. It is perfectly normal to stare at a sibling, friend, relative that u havent seen in a while that has undergone a change. HOWEVER, that isnt to say it is any less rude. I would say, if you are looking merely because she became changed, then no problem unless it bothers her. HOWEVER (again), if you are looking for lecherous reasons then there is a problem. I might also mention to my parents, "ya know, I've noticed since I got home that "sissy" has outgrown her clothes. Maybe they hadnt noticed, since they are with her all the time.

Anudist
Anudist

May 15th, 2003, 4:18 pm #3

This is my first post but I have a question for everyone. I'm 19 and I just spent my first year away at college. I came back once for a week in xmas but other then that I hadn't been home . Well while I was gone my younger sister(she's 16) must have really hit puberty. She's now at least 2 inches taller then me, and her breasts have gotten a lot bigger. My parents haven't really bought her anything new so all her clothes are really small. I always by force of habbit tend to glance at her breasts and she catches me everyonce in awhile. My question is are any of you girls offended if a sibling is looking at your breasts? I feel horrible when she catches me
You should be direct and speak to your sister directly. Just be honest about your feelings and thoughts about her "development".

You also need to be honest with yourself. Why do you feel you have become so interested in her breasts?

NOW is the time for a few HONEST men to come to the aid of their family!

May 15th, 2003, 6:41 pm #4

I appreciate the comments, but I am confused by your response. I mean its not that I enjoy looking at my sisters breasts its just hard not too. She is always busting out of her clothes and what makes it worse is she is taller then me and if she wears heels, if I want to talk to her I am talking eye level with her breasts.

Nat
Nat

May 15th, 2003, 6:44 pm #5

I suspect it is startling to discover your "little Sis" is suddenly becoming a woman- especially when you haven't seen her for a while. I don't think it's really a sexual thing but more of disbelief that your perception of someone you have known so long is suddenly changed. I'm sure you will soon adjust to it but in the mean time you should make a special effort not to stair in a obvious way.

Anudist
Anudist

May 15th, 2003, 7:01 pm #6

I appreciate the comments, but I am confused by your response. I mean its not that I enjoy looking at my sisters breasts its just hard not too. She is always busting out of her clothes and what makes it worse is she is taller then me and if she wears heels, if I want to talk to her I am talking eye level with her breasts.
From you initial post, it seemed to me that you were somewhat conflicted about where to look.

Maybe it would be clearer if we knew if you are male or female yourself. If male, breasts are natural to look at; if female then I can somewhat understand your confusion re: my reply.

Have you discussed how she feels about her "development"? From what I understand, and again, I may be wrong, but you are the older of the two. Maybe you could help her counter any fears that she may have about her recent "growth".

Like you, she may be somewhat unsure now that she is taller and "larger" than you. Again, I feel you should be honest with her and with yourself about how you feel about the changes that she has experienced.

BTW: I envy you. You have a great opportunity to do some bonding with your sister. Something that I wish I had had an opportunity to do with my own sister. Today my sister and I speak about 6 times a year and that is usually on Bdays et cetera. Other than that there is no "bond" with my sister.

May 15th, 2003, 8:03 pm #7

In response I am male, and I am confused on where to look. For example today I took my sister to the mall, and she bought a new pair of shoes. I was in another store so I came into to see if she was ready.The shoes she had bought had a good heel on them and as I stood next to her, her breasts where like eye level with me. I had no idea where too look the rest of the trip I just kept looking at the stores trying not to look at her. I felt so embaressed

Nat
Nat

May 15th, 2003, 9:57 pm #8

Well your sister's breasts may be "eye level" with you- but I assume your eyes are normal and capable of rotating in upward direction like other people's.

When I was a child I did not go around looking at people's knees and crotches- I looked up at their face. It's what you are looking at that matters.

May 15th, 2003, 10:11 pm #9

I know, but you have to understand it's really wierd to have to look upto your little sister :(. It's just so much has changed the obvious answer is hard to figure out, I aprreicate the response and I will always try to look up at her in the eyes no matter how wierd it seems to be.

Big Brother
Big Brother

May 15th, 2003, 10:48 pm #10

Let me share my experience with you.

My sister is older and I am the "little brother".

Well my sister went to College and I was a Freshman in High School. (she's 4 years ahead of me). I really didn't see all that much of her that year but at the end of her school year, my family paid a visit to her dorm. Now by the end of this year I had shot up by about 4 or 5 inches and now I was taller than Mom, Sister and even my Father all in that one school year.
My sister told her friends that her "little brother" was coming with her parents. When I arrived, her friends all looked strangely at her because I was no longer "little" brother but was now BIG BROTHER. I had also filled out sideways as well as up.

Everyone had a good laugh, me included so I can understand your issue, except I was on the other side of it.

Whereas you are 19, and she is 16, she will probally grow a bit more where you may or may not. Therefore, you are going to have to get used to looking "up" to your "little" (renamed: younger) sister. It appears as if she'll be taller than you for the rest of your lives together. Sorry but that's the facts and its just nature.