Should swimming matches be run nude?

Should swimming matches be run nude?

Chardok Chark
Chardok Chark

May 30th, 2003, 7:57 am #1

marion
marion

May 30th, 2003, 1:26 pm #2

swimming in public pools and all public beaches should be treated the same where men are topfree women should be topfree. also there should be no laws against clothing optional swimming at beaches and pools.

Mike
Mike

May 30th, 2003, 1:47 pm #3

Yeah. Honestly women look really weird when they have to wear bikini tops or any top for that matter and guys dont. I dont think it should be required anywhere for women to wear tops, but especially not at the beach or a pool. I think that women should be able to take off their tops without some upstart lifeguard telling them to suit up or having some cop come over and put his two sense in. Basically if a man can go topfree then so should a women, there shouldnt even be a disscussion about it, they simply just need to can the crap and do it, because im sure alot of people are sick of all this bull where they come up with all sorts of excuses why its not good for women to go topfree, the biggest of all is their completely irrational excuse that somehow when a women is topfree it demoralizes and hurts the community and its values. Really though, how can a topfree woman hurt public values and a topfree man doesnt? just because she has breasts and he doesnt, well he does too, they just areint that big, although with some fat people it is true that they are somewhat big, but people still dont make them put on a top. I dont even know why these stupid people even go on about this and worry about something so stupid, they have more important pool and beach rules to enforce and cant waste their time with every little person who goes topfree that they dont like.

Im surprised that on beaches the size they have them these days that lifeguards could stop every last woman who wants to go topfree, especially when all she'd have to do is just hurry and put on her bikini and act like she was never topfree in the first place. Half the time it doesnt even say you cant be topfree in the rules, but the lifeguards just say it because they dont like someone being topfree, I think that even if they do make it illegal, they really need to put it on the books in their rules or they shouldnt be able to enforce it, beleive it or not, but im sure alot of what they say is hot air and im sure they dont even have a rule against it, they are just some upstart conservative nutball who doesnt beleive in topfreedom and somehow thinks just because he is a lifeguard he can impose his beleifs on others.

Anyways I think women should just all go topfree at the beach, then the lifeguard couldnt do anything, because they couldnt stop all of them.

Melissa
Melissa

May 30th, 2003, 5:32 pm #4

It seems that swimmers should have the option. After all if you look at the kind of suits that competition swimmers wear the stuff is designed to fit so close to the skin and be so tight that it doesn't create any more drag. Being in your birthday suit would be even better. Besides that swimming nude is more comfortable, when you get out of the pool you quickly dry off instead of being cold in a soggy suit afterwards, and us girls don't have to do the "finger pull" at the bottom of our suits and constantly adjust the straps on our tops.

Nat

May 30th, 2003, 9:45 pm #5

Being the old fart that I am, I grew up during a time when guys swam nude at YMCAs and summer camps. I was totally spoiled. Ever since I can't stand wearing trunks and certainly not the long baggy things guys wear these days. I'm sure these guys have never experienced the sensual delight of gliding through the water with nothing but what God gave you! :) It's still the only way I'll do it!

Mike
Mike

May 30th, 2003, 11:31 pm #6

It seems that swimmers should have the option. After all if you look at the kind of suits that competition swimmers wear the stuff is designed to fit so close to the skin and be so tight that it doesn't create any more drag. Being in your birthday suit would be even better. Besides that swimming nude is more comfortable, when you get out of the pool you quickly dry off instead of being cold in a soggy suit afterwards, and us girls don't have to do the "finger pull" at the bottom of our suits and constantly adjust the straps on our tops.
That's true, but I think they adjust their tops more to keep them from showing too much. The girls adjust their tops way too much and I cant beleive they get uncomfortable that often so I think it has more to do with their nervousness than actually it being uncomfortable.

Mike
Mike

May 30th, 2003, 11:36 pm #7

Being the old fart that I am, I grew up during a time when guys swam nude at YMCAs and summer camps. I was totally spoiled. Ever since I can't stand wearing trunks and certainly not the long baggy things guys wear these days. I'm sure these guys have never experienced the sensual delight of gliding through the water with nothing but what God gave you! :) It's still the only way I'll do it!
Yeah, but you dont have to wear those baggy "old" things anyways if you dont want to, as long as what you wear covers the "private" parts then nobody cares. Baggy swimshorts are for old people anyways, at least thats what they would have said a long time ago. I dont get why people even bother to wear suits at all in the water, you dont when you go take a shower or a bath, so whats the point when other people are around, everybody knows what everybody else looks like, so its no big surprise and the swimsuits nowadays are so scant and barely there *mostly women's suits* that there is really no point to wearing one at all. Also contrary to popular beleif, swimsuits dont really help anybody swim any faster than they do now and besides thats not why they were invented. I just think people should skinny dip in pools like they do when they go up to the mountains or other secluded places. Its funny how people enjoy doing that and yet these same people are against doing it in public.

Marv
Marv

May 31st, 2003, 7:18 am #8

I think it should be swimmers choice. I beleave it has been proven that swimming in the nude does better their time. If a few nude swimmers make some new records, it would encourage others to do the same.
That would take a lot of RED tape and politics before it could happen. Old habits are hard to overcome, and too much money would be lost if nudity was a normal.

Anudist
Anudist

May 31st, 2003, 2:24 pm #9

It would be the ideal.

It is almost that way now anyway.

With the tightness and small size of speedo's today's "racing" suits are almost second skin. Plus competitive swimmers usually practice the ritual of body shaving to remove hair so that they are not weighed down unnessarily.

Now removing body hair will NOT make you lose weight.
By not having body hair while swimming there is nothing for the water to "cling" to so the belief is that the swimmer can "move" through the water faster. Remember this is a sport where a 1000th of a second can make all the difference!

Anudist
Anudist

May 31st, 2003, 2:26 pm #10

Just a side note:

Some Olympic Class swim teams actually practice in the nude but raced Clothed.

During the Summer Olympics the pool was closed at least once for private practice of one swim team. However, right now, I cannot remember if it was
Finland, Germany or some other team.