Should Mike be banned?

Should Mike be banned?

D.K.
D.K.

May 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm #1

It is clear that "Mike" has become a disruptive factor to this board. He is ignorant, arrogant and rude.

Many of us, even Nat, has tried to tell him to cool it but he just continues to monopolize this board with his incessant repetitive immature posts. I don't know if he is too dense to understand or just enjoys annoying us.

In any case, before BFF completely goes down the tubes I think it's time we have a vote of whatever members are still here as to rather Mike should be banned from this board. What do you think?

Teri
Teri

May 29th, 2003, 4:39 pm #2

I say yes. After Nat's eloquent plea the other night I though surely Mike would understand what so many of us having been trying to tell him, but now I've given up all hope that he will ever change.

Ray
Ray

May 29th, 2003, 4:48 pm #3

It is clear that "Mike" has become a disruptive factor to this board. He is ignorant, arrogant and rude.

Many of us, even Nat, has tried to tell him to cool it but he just continues to monopolize this board with his incessant repetitive immature posts. I don't know if he is too dense to understand or just enjoys annoying us.

In any case, before BFF completely goes down the tubes I think it's time we have a vote of whatever members are still here as to rather Mike should be banned from this board. What do you think?
I vote yes too. It's bad enough that his posts are ignorant and boring. He thinks he knows everything when he really knows nothing. And when someone tries to help him he just get rude and insulting. I can excuse his poor education, but there is no excuse for bad manners. I understand why so many people don't like kids these days.

Shirtless
Shirtless

May 29th, 2003, 6:52 pm #4

I think Mike is trying to destroy this forum for fun, just to see if he can do it. I think he will succeed.

Tam
Tam

May 29th, 2003, 7:29 pm #5

I think that although Mike is annoying and certainly hasnt used our criticism to better himself,it is not our place to make that decision. The moderator is the only one who can make that decision. I do however think that if Mike isnt barred , then inflammatory posts by anyone should be removed.This way we can stay focused.

Queue
Queue

May 29th, 2003, 7:36 pm #6

I think Mike is trying to destroy this forum for fun, just to see if he can do it. I think he will succeed.
hasn't he already succeeded???

Just look at the posts recently.

Nothing of any substance.

Anudist
Anudist

May 29th, 2003, 7:41 pm #7

I think that although Mike is annoying and certainly hasnt used our criticism to better himself,it is not our place to make that decision. The moderator is the only one who can make that decision. I do however think that if Mike isnt barred , then inflammatory posts by anyone should be removed.This way we can stay focused.
Yes, you are sooooo right.

ONLY the moderator has the power to ban anyone.

HOWEVER, even if we do "BAN" him, he can always come back in another personna and do the same thing.

Ponderer
Ponderer

May 29th, 2003, 7:43 pm #8

I am just wondering something????

1. Could "MIKE" be someone else? Could Mike be the same person or persons as Kira et al? We "angered" this person (people) last year, could Mike just be an attempt to shut us down?

and

2. When does school start again? Maybe if Mike goes back to school, things will quiet down again anyway

Teri
Teri

May 29th, 2003, 9:20 pm #9

When school starts? School is just letting out for the summer! And this "Mike" problem has been going on for months- right through the school year. So it can only get worse when school ends- He'll be here day and night!

m
m

May 29th, 2003, 9:34 pm #10

I think Mike should start his own board. I think that's pretty easy to do.

Then those who like his ideas can go over there and those that don't can stay here and not be bothered with him.