religion/ descretion

religion/ descretion

October 6th, 2002, 2:35 am #1

I don't know if I mentioned this in my previous postings but I am a Christian. I have seen the religion questions being side stepped. Back to how our society views women's breasts.
In Matthew(New Testament) chapter 5 verses 27 &28 it says.....
"You have heard that it was said," 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks lustfully at a woman has in his heart already committed adultery with her.

You cannot convince me that men seeing a topless woman in an unexpected place will not cause lust, desire call it what you will.

Also, I have this question to those who wish to go topfree all over..... Would you walk into your grandmothers house topfree?

Brafree, I can appreciate and understand. Topfree at other that clothing optional beaches, I do not.I believe in descretion and modesty in my dress.

Melissa
Melissa

October 6th, 2002, 2:53 am #2

"You cannot convince me that men seeing a topless woman in an unexpected place will not cause lust, desire call it what you will."

What about a man seeing a woman with great legs or a beautiful face, wouldn't he lust after her. Heck what about a more covered woman who's got a great figure. Wouldn't the guy spend more time lusing because he's spending all that time imagining what she looks like naked. This way he sees it right off and gets used to it.

"Also, I have this question to those who wish to go topfree all over..... Would you walk into your grandmothers house topfree?"

That would depend on what she thought about it, when I go to someone elses house I go by their rules. If you want to rephrase the question to say mother/father I can say yes. I am part of a nudist family (mom, dad, brother and me) and we see each other naked all the time and it's not a big deal at all. We didn't get into nudism until after my grandparaents died. If we had discovered nudism earlier or if any of them were still around I assume we'd have told them about it and said "if you come here expect to see it, if we come to y'alls place you make the decision since it's your house."

Nat

October 6th, 2002, 3:29 am #3

I don't know if I mentioned this in my previous postings but I am a Christian. I have seen the religion questions being side stepped. Back to how our society views women's breasts.
In Matthew(New Testament) chapter 5 verses 27 &28 it says.....
"You have heard that it was said," 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks lustfully at a woman has in his heart already committed adultery with her.

You cannot convince me that men seeing a topless woman in an unexpected place will not cause lust, desire call it what you will.

Also, I have this question to those who wish to go topfree all over..... Would you walk into your grandmothers house topfree?

Brafree, I can appreciate and understand. Topfree at other that clothing optional beaches, I do not.I believe in descretion and modesty in my dress.
I think keeping breasts hidden is what sexualized them for men. In aboriginal societies where women go topfree men attach no special significance to breasts.

As for breasts and religion- may I point out that the ceiling and walls of the Sistine Chapel in Rome are covered with bare breasted women. Now you can't find a more religious place than that!

And as I understand it, Dawn and D.K. are not saying women should go topfree just anywhere- they are saying where it is logical and appropriate. That would be true for men too. The disagreement comes from the fact you don't appear to think any place is appropriate.

-Nat

PS- Dawn, it is good to see you back!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2002, 3:45 am #4

"You cannot convince me that men seeing a topless woman in an unexpected place will not cause lust, desire call it what you will."

What about a man seeing a woman with great legs or a beautiful face, wouldn't he lust after her. Heck what about a more covered woman who's got a great figure. Wouldn't the guy spend more time lusing because he's spending all that time imagining what she looks like naked. This way he sees it right off and gets used to it.

"Also, I have this question to those who wish to go topfree all over..... Would you walk into your grandmothers house topfree?"

That would depend on what she thought about it, when I go to someone elses house I go by their rules. If you want to rephrase the question to say mother/father I can say yes. I am part of a nudist family (mom, dad, brother and me) and we see each other naked all the time and it's not a big deal at all. We didn't get into nudism until after my grandparaents died. If we had discovered nudism earlier or if any of them were still around I assume we'd have told them about it and said "if you come here expect to see it, if we come to y'alls place you make the decision since it's your house."
That would depend on what she thought about it, when I go to someone elses house I go by their rules

And what about society's rules? They count as well.

October 6th, 2002, 3:47 am #5

I think keeping breasts hidden is what sexualized them for men. In aboriginal societies where women go topfree men attach no special significance to breasts.

As for breasts and religion- may I point out that the ceiling and walls of the Sistine Chapel in Rome are covered with bare breasted women. Now you can't find a more religious place than that!

And as I understand it, Dawn and D.K. are not saying women should go topfree just anywhere- they are saying where it is logical and appropriate. That would be true for men too. The disagreement comes from the fact you don't appear to think any place is appropriate.

-Nat

PS- Dawn, it is good to see you back!
If you would re read my postings, I said going topfree at home or on a clothing optional beach is appropriate. Riding around town in a car is not, nor is walking down a street or going to a store.

D.K.
D.K.

October 6th, 2002, 3:50 am #6

And neither Dawn or I ever said it was.
Don't you read our posts?
We're talking about beaches and swimming pools.

D.K.
D.K.

October 6th, 2002, 3:53 am #7

That would depend on what she thought about it, when I go to someone elses house I go by their rules

And what about society's rules? They count as well.
Yeah, well 30 years ago "society's rules" said blacks couldn't go the same places as whites. "Society's rules" change. That's what we want to do- change discriminatory rules!

October 6th, 2002, 3:54 am #8

And neither Dawn or I ever said it was.
Don't you read our posts?
We're talking about beaches and swimming pools.
This posting was directed to this comment of NAT's

"The disagreement comes from the fact you don't appear to think any place is appropriate"

I said it was appropriate at home or at clothing optional beach.

D.K
D.K

October 6th, 2002, 4:04 am #9

So I guess it's just too bad for the majority of people who live where there are no "clothes optional" beaches? What is fair about that?

October 6th, 2002, 4:08 am #10

Well, instead of lobbying to be topfree where ever men are. Use that energy to have clothing optional beaches opened. By the way, I dont remember anyone ever saying life is fair. Majority usually rules.