Re: 'Body Suit' from below

Re: 'Body Suit' from below

michaela
michaela

November 15th, 2004, 4:25 am #1

Images…image…appearance…do I measure up to what I see in the magazines, on TV, in the movies? I do not even remotely resemble the women there. I am an ordinary non-augmented forty something year old female who lives in a country where age is a disease, and image is everything.

I come to the BFF to talk with others who believe as I do that the natural breast is best, and for a variety of reasons I think most of us here do believe this. But every so often what I find here is just more of the same imagery I see at the news stand or in the fantasy world of the movies. Pictures of women like Angelina Jolie, whose job it is to look like she does. She’s starved half to death in her skin and bones with her fat fake breasts. She was touted only last week on the cover of one of the popular magazines as The Most Beautiful Woman in the World.

Now how does that make all the rest of us feel? Those of us who have to work for a living. Who do not have a personal dietician, or personal trainer, no money for plastic surgery, because we don’t look like the women we see in the movies, so we must have bigger breasts. How in the world are we supposed to get past the idea that there is something wrong with average and natural when the place that is supposed to be promoting it is just as bad as Cosmopolitan?

I would look like this too, and so would we all if we only had to work out in a gym for eight hours per day, and didn’t have to lift a finger to do a thing. These people are not real. Why do they keep showing up here at BFF? This forum is beginning to look a little like a Gentlemen’s Club.

So how is the seventeen year old that came here yesterday supposed to feel when this is all she gets here too. Same as everywhere else. We are no different. We offer nothing. We woman in our forties, fifties and sixties who post here would like to offer something to the young women who come here beside more of the same fake crap that Hollywood offers. But some of the men are just interested in the same unreal Barbie doll women as the rest of society. It is unending. Relentless. Tiresome.

Nat

November 15th, 2004, 9:40 am #2

Wow, you seem to have some issues tonight Michaela! Well, you should know from my many posts what I think about society's obsession with youth, beauty and artificial perfection. I have spoke out against this many times.

So why do these plastic people keep showing up here at BFF? Simple- nearly every photo that is linked or posted at BFF comes from the internet- and about the only brafree photos that are on the internet are models or movie stars.

Why don't we show "real people" here? I have long asked for BFF people to send or post their "real people" photos here- but only you and one other woman ever has (and it was headless). So what is the answer?

michaela
michaela

November 15th, 2004, 12:41 pm #3

I have no more issues now than I ever have, only time enough to write about them this time.

As long as the women who post on the BFF see language being used by other posters like "let's see how she looks unsupported" and "that's the true test" there will never be any photos sent in. Angelina was reduced to nothing more than a lab rat for testing in the post I mentioned. What non-Hollywood type would want to be scrutinized in this way. I don't think the poster thinks about the psychological effect his 'tests' might have. Too clinical.

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

November 16th, 2004, 3:23 am #4

Images…image…appearance…do I measure up to what I see in the magazines, on TV, in the movies? I do not even remotely resemble the women there. I am an ordinary non-augmented forty something year old female who lives in a country where age is a disease, and image is everything.

I come to the BFF to talk with others who believe as I do that the natural breast is best, and for a variety of reasons I think most of us here do believe this. But every so often what I find here is just more of the same imagery I see at the news stand or in the fantasy world of the movies. Pictures of women like Angelina Jolie, whose job it is to look like she does. She’s starved half to death in her skin and bones with her fat fake breasts. She was touted only last week on the cover of one of the popular magazines as The Most Beautiful Woman in the World.

Now how does that make all the rest of us feel? Those of us who have to work for a living. Who do not have a personal dietician, or personal trainer, no money for plastic surgery, because we don’t look like the women we see in the movies, so we must have bigger breasts. How in the world are we supposed to get past the idea that there is something wrong with average and natural when the place that is supposed to be promoting it is just as bad as Cosmopolitan?

I would look like this too, and so would we all if we only had to work out in a gym for eight hours per day, and didn’t have to lift a finger to do a thing. These people are not real. Why do they keep showing up here at BFF? This forum is beginning to look a little like a Gentlemen’s Club.

So how is the seventeen year old that came here yesterday supposed to feel when this is all she gets here too. Same as everywhere else. We are no different. We offer nothing. We woman in our forties, fifties and sixties who post here would like to offer something to the young women who come here beside more of the same fake crap that Hollywood offers. But some of the men are just interested in the same unreal Barbie doll women as the rest of society. It is unending. Relentless. Tiresome.
Interesting question we have visited before whenever goes visual.

To which I would ask:
First: What (or who) makes AJ the 'most beautiful woman in the the world'?
Is this a meaningful statement.

Since we both know Michaela, and have seen her, she might be a better candidate.

Second: Why - because a celebrity appears on this page, do people suddenly feel they are being pressued to look like them - I am sure their lives are hell, and very unreal. I am sure they don't want everyone looking like them. Sure would keep those surgeons busy. However the women of BFF are smarter than that, I am sure. I am not denying that there may be some elements out there that want to put pressure on women to 'look like that' because they have a product to sell you, to fool you that you can. Don't!

I think we got off topic here somewhere. Britney suddenly appeared to demonstrate airbrush nipple erasure, followed by Jolie with the same problem.

Jolie was also promoted as someone advocating being natural and accepting yourself. I am sure neither she, not the poster was remotely interested in holdin either of these women up as some sort of model.

However you are righht - pressure on body image is one of the most pervasive and unfortunate pressures of our time.

I think celebrities make it these pages simply because people can find images more quickly than they can of the kids or neighbours.

Does that help, Michaela?

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

November 16th, 2004, 3:26 am #5

Wow, you seem to have some issues tonight Michaela! Well, you should know from my many posts what I think about society's obsession with youth, beauty and artificial perfection. I have spoke out against this many times.

So why do these plastic people keep showing up here at BFF? Simple- nearly every photo that is linked or posted at BFF comes from the internet- and about the only brafree photos that are on the internet are models or movie stars.

Why don't we show "real people" here? I have long asked for BFF people to send or post their "real people" photos here- but only you and one other woman ever has (and it was headless). So what is the answer?
Mona, that was you wasn't it? Good point Nat. Maybe there should be a contest.

On the other hand some people understandably may feel this is too public. Maybe there is a place for a closed list for posting photographs of each other.

Just a thought.

michaela
michaela

November 16th, 2004, 12:37 pm #6

Interesting question we have visited before whenever goes visual.

To which I would ask:
First: What (or who) makes AJ the 'most beautiful woman in the the world'?
Is this a meaningful statement.

Since we both know Michaela, and have seen her, she might be a better candidate.

Second: Why - because a celebrity appears on this page, do people suddenly feel they are being pressued to look like them - I am sure their lives are hell, and very unreal. I am sure they don't want everyone looking like them. Sure would keep those surgeons busy. However the women of BFF are smarter than that, I am sure. I am not denying that there may be some elements out there that want to put pressure on women to 'look like that' because they have a product to sell you, to fool you that you can. Don't!

I think we got off topic here somewhere. Britney suddenly appeared to demonstrate airbrush nipple erasure, followed by Jolie with the same problem.

Jolie was also promoted as someone advocating being natural and accepting yourself. I am sure neither she, not the poster was remotely interested in holdin either of these women up as some sort of model.

However you are righht - pressure on body image is one of the most pervasive and unfortunate pressures of our time.

I think celebrities make it these pages simply because people can find images more quickly than they can of the kids or neighbours.

Does that help, Michaela?
I know we have pictures here because the ability to put pictures here is available. That is cool. We always get pictures of celebs because they are available. I have heard this argument before.

I just feel there is entirely too much emphasis placed on the way everyones breasts look. This is the whole problem. This is why we do not have breast freedom, and why women are reluctant to go brafree. Y'all are so busy looking, and wanting to look, and it makes women a little less when they are constantly objectified with your eyes.

Why the constant push for posters to post their pictures? I know, I know, it is nice to put a face with the name...

Too much interest in appearence! I like the stories we tell. I don't think it is necessary for our pictures to alway be saught. And this from one who sent many, I know.

November 16th, 2004, 11:38 pm #7

Allison and I have long thought about the issue of posting pictures on our site and our belief has been that for what we do, they are not needed. We can make our point well enough with words.

However, as has been famously noted, a picture can tell a thousand words. So then goes the question, what message would such photos be conveying. I think they should be appropriate to the intent of the forum by providing positive role models to those seeking support and advice. Role models come in many forms, from the brave who challenge society to the famous who also push positive messages. I personally think that the non-famous are better role models, but as is often the case, people don't "see" them that way. People are so easily taken in by the media, movies and the glamorous as those to emulate, ignoring their neighbors because they don't ever "see" them.

For example, how does the teenage boy or girl know that their body is changing and growing normally if they are never exposed to other normal teenagers bodies. How does an adult woman know her breasts are fine they way they are without needing any implants or the new super-support with high-fiber brand of bra if they never see what other normal breasts look like.

I completely agree that what often appears to be the case when photos are requested here is that there is too much of an underlying focus on the breasts, especially considering that what we all want is for the breast to not be so objectified. But here we are with a forum that clearly makes breasts, and breast health an issue.

People often find that for many issues, you have to over emphasize something in order to make it less the issue you want it to be. Which again, is pretty much what this forum does.

Naturists also want to be accepted as they are and be allowed to use beaches and secluded areas without fear of harassment. To achieve that we often have to make a stand, protest on a beach, etc. IOW, getting far more exposure than what is really desired in order to help people be more accepting. I personally have no need or desire to walk nude on the steps of the courthouse, but I am willing to do so with reporters at the ready to further the goal of body acceptance should the need arise.

I have high regard for anyone who dares to stand up and be seen, to make the point for their cause. For any woman who considers this forum to be so valuable and useful in the quest to promote breast freedom, to lend her image or words in that cause, I honor you. Everyone owes you their deepest respect.

On a technical note, it doesn't help matters that postings with photos or really good stories age quickly and fall of the page into the abyss of history. Anyone new to the forum would need to read many postings to find inspirational images and stories. This encourages the need/desire to have current and relevant postings and images all the time. I like the idea of the resource page, but I personally feel a forum structure doesn't lend itself well in that role.

Dan

michaela
michaela

November 17th, 2004, 1:08 am #8

Thank you Dan. You are right. I never saw any other natural nude breasts, ever, before I began seeking information about breast freedom rights and breast health knowledge. I, as a matter of fact, had never seen much nude photography, and certainly no nude real people.

So I had no frame of reference to even base my own body image feelings on. Only the word of Peter. I believed what he told me about how I looked fine, but it was pretty much a mystery, and one never knows just how blind love really is.

I do not have as big a problem with pictures being posted here as my last two posts would make it seem. I have posted my own pictures here, as you probably remember. I do get a little antsy when it seems that any picture of any woman is being put under the microscope. Since I am such a spitfire I just have to opinionate on these things.
I just want some of our guys here to remember that this isn't Playboy. I know they do.

Nat

November 17th, 2004, 1:24 am #9

I never though of the pictures posted here as "Playboy" pictures- but rather illustrations of things we are discussing. If this was a forum about cars I'm sure there would be plenty of pictures of cars here. If this was a forum for cat-fanciers- everyone would be posting photos of their cats. So since this is a forum about breast freedom, doesn't it make sense that we would have photos pertaining to breast freedom here?

michaela
michaela

November 17th, 2004, 1:27 am #10

Yes, Nat. You are absolutely right. I must be off my rocker.