RANT: ATTENTION "ANONYMOUS" POSTERS:

RANT: ATTENTION "ANONYMOUS" POSTERS:

Nat

October 10th, 2002, 5:19 pm #1

Everyone here knows I don't get riled up too often, but I'm really tired of all the "Anonymous" posters we have now. It's very confusing when you can't tell one 'anonymous poster' from another. Now if you don't want to use your real name- fine- just make one up- use initials- or numbers- or whatever- but please use some kind of name so we can tell who is saying what.

Understand that you do not have to register with NW54 to use a name- just type it in. But I would suggest registering just because it makes the process automatic so you don't have to remember to type in your name each time. Registration is free and you don't have to use your real name.

From now on I'm going to start deleting anonymous posts.

I hate getting on my high horse about this but we can't have a feeling of 'community' here if it is full of nameless no-bodies.

-Nat (stepping down off my soapbox)
Last edited by Nat on October 10th, 2002, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Bayko
John Bayko

October 10th, 2002, 6:14 pm #2

" I'm really tempted to just start deleting all anonymous posts."

Could you give anonymous posts fake names? Say, start with flowers, or random words from the dictionary? Some of them have legitimate points, and the problem might be that when they first look at this place, they see a lot of posts from "Anonymous", and think that's expected.

Nat

October 10th, 2002, 7:05 pm #3

I won't remove any of the current postings John, but I have added a notation at the top of the page so henceforth there should be no question about what is expected.

T
T

October 10th, 2002, 8:06 pm #4

you did remove a posting that was made before the heading and i dont remember what i said and to whom. I signed it a non y mous

Nat

October 10th, 2002, 8:14 pm #5

Since you have now identified I have put it back.
See the thread.

-Nat

Eefje
Eefje

October 10th, 2002, 8:36 pm #6

Everyone here knows I don't get riled up too often, but I'm really tired of all the "Anonymous" posters we have now. It's very confusing when you can't tell one 'anonymous poster' from another. Now if you don't want to use your real name- fine- just make one up- use initials- or numbers- or whatever- but please use some kind of name so we can tell who is saying what.

Understand that you do not have to register with NW54 to use a name- just type it in. But I would suggest registering just because it makes the process automatic so you don't have to remember to type in your name each time. Registration is free and you don't have to use your real name.

From now on I'm going to start deleting anonymous posts.

I hate getting on my high horse about this but we can't have a feeling of 'community' here if it is full of nameless no-bodies.

-Nat (stepping down off my soapbox)
People may be posting anonymous because they noticed that some of us are getting severe attacks by others on every mail we post - and mostly not with reference to the content.

Nat

October 10th, 2002, 8:41 pm #7

I haven't notice any severe attacks Eefje, just some disagreements on views.

What attacks are you referring to?

Eefje
Eefje

October 10th, 2002, 8:58 pm #8

Read the reactions of people/men like Pat or John Bayko to my posts. They have nothing else to do than pestering (if that's English) and hurting me. They have no respect for another opinion. John even abused me of showing no solidarity with these incorrect racist comparisons made by DK which were very hurtful to me. I try to ignore them now and post very little. Only necessary things. Better to save my energy for something else.

Nat

October 10th, 2002, 9:06 pm #9

Well Eefje, you shouldn't take things so personally. This is only a internet discussion board. The "attacks" I've seen here are mild compared to many other boards. Perhaps you just don't understand Americans' more er- 'confrontational' style of discussing things. I sure don't let something some stranger posts on a internet board hurt my feelings.

-Nat

Eefje
Eefje

October 10th, 2002, 9:16 pm #10

Thanks, Nat. I don't take it that hard, believe me. I consider it rude, I guess. I just read some reactions of John to others which I consider very hard and personal as well. Not everyone is used to give normal feedback, I guess. However it does scare people away, I'm sure, especially new women or women who want to know more about the brafree/topfree lifestyle. And what's more it takes the attention away from the focus of the discussion, for instance safety or respect for others or defining what topfreedom is for men. In my view we seldom have a meaningful discussion because they start attacking and thereby ignore the focus. I really hate that.