Popular Belgian TV Anchor appears in only body paint

Popular Belgian TV Anchor appears in only body paint

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

January 30th, 2005, 1:49 pm #1

As part of a stop smoking campaign, Geena Lisa hosted a 90 minute show on Channel 1, wearing only body paint above the waist. The show aired at 8pm. Its success as shown by ratings anyway, was phenomenal.

"It was not the intention that everyone should be focussed on my breasts and nipples for an hour and a half"

http://goingbraless.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=431

If only she could do the same thing for bras!(maybe she did)

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 30th, 2005, 2:28 pm #2

have to be a member to view site!

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

January 30th, 2005, 6:24 pm #3

As part of a stop smoking campaign, Geena Lisa hosted a 90 minute show on Channel 1, wearing only body paint above the waist. The show aired at 8pm. Its success as shown by ratings anyway, was phenomenal.

"It was not the intention that everyone should be focussed on my breasts and nipples for an hour and a half"

Thought everyone on here was a member (if you are not, you should be!) - here goes:

1. Leo (Holland) says:
The organisaton “Kom op tegen kanker” [Stand up against Cancer] launched an anti-smoking campaign at the end of last year. So called “Well-known Flemings” where asked to perform some kind of stunt as soon as 10000, 20000, 30000 people would register for a kicking-off program. At 30000, Geena Lisa, a presentator of “Eén” [channel one] of the “Vlaamse Radio & Televisie” [Flemish Radio & Television] committed herself to present a program body-painted.

Her is the report with picture in one of the local papers: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/PrintA ... D=G9DC1FQK

The first paragraph reeds:

Geena peaks with 1235700 spectators – 28/01/2005.01.30

Geena Lisa’s stunt to present a program only clothed in a tiny layer of paint, brought a grist to “Eén”’s mill. It is true that Geena appeared a quarterr of an hour later than expected, but vast amounts of spectators were sitting and waiting for her. Geena Lisa appeared after “Man bijt hond” [Man bites Dog], enticing 1410000 spectators. At exactly 20:16:22, when she was a moment on screen without her arms crossed in front of het breasts, “Eén” reached a peak of 1235700 Flemings. Her unique presentation was good news for “Het leven zoals het is in de zoo” [Life as it is in the Zoo]. The docusoap enticed 1259000 interested people and became at once the best watched program of the evening. For “Thuis” [At Home], still 1117000 fans were sitting in front of the tube.

But…

Not one word about the original purpose of the action, only the ratings seem to count. Quite different compared to Janet, no?

2. Liberty (moderator) replies:

Geena Lisa Peeters b. 1972

Artwork by Barbara Jéhansart, colour scheme - Belgian Flag

True Leo, but...

TV stations run on ratings, this was a stunt to draw attention, and it succeeded, success was measured in ratings, which I agree is only half the story.

However, Geena is a very attractive woman, a multimedia star, and has a wide following amongst Flemish speakers:
http://www.geenalisa.com/

and has almost 'pin-up' status on the internet in English and Flemish. The story was widely reported elsewhere with different emphases - here is what the artist had to say:

'It should not be embarrassing and even not erotic, at the most a bit teasing.' ' How do you ensure that it is not embarrassing?' 'With Geena Lisa that caused absolutely no problem. She is very professional. The design important. I have kept it playful and female.'

and Geena:

" I am not at all prudish, but I crossed my arms, nevertheless, almost the complete time. After all I appeared around eight pm, and there are still children watching at that time. It was not the intention that everyone should be focussed on my breasts and nipples for an hour and a half'... Do not forget why I have done it, so that people would stop smoking.'
(my translation)

People watch something like this for its novelty rather than just its breast content. I think the TV stationand Geena should be congratulated. It could be described as a breakthrough. Maybe we will see more of this?

However European standards are galaxies from North American! Geena even has photographs of her kids in the bath, on her website.

And Channel 1 carries a video of Geena getting painted and an interview with Geena:
http://www.een.be/televisie1_master/ove ... ndex.shtml

Good for Geena. Who is next?

However I should also point out that Geena has no problems with being braless - perhaps she is stopping more than smoking?

Incidentally I did not find any negative coverage, although she did make the cartoons:

Please everyone, do sign up for Goingbraless if you are serious about the subject, I know a number of you do post to both!

http://goingbraless.net/Forum/index.php

Nat

January 30th, 2005, 7:37 pm #4

Ah now fashiondreamer is trying to steal my posters!
I knew he hadn't been around here much lately!

JB
JB

January 30th, 2005, 8:02 pm #5

A bra that is painted on? Never thought of that one though I have seen pictures of swimsuits that were just painted on.

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

January 30th, 2005, 8:12 pm #6

Ah now fashiondreamer is trying to steal my posters!
I knew he hadn't been around here much lately!
Not true Nat! Some people who post here post links to here on other bulletin boards. If people are serious about learning everything there is to know about breast freedom, and helping as many women as possible, they will look and far for information and other people's experiences.

If I see a really intersting fact or story somewhere else I generally let BFFers know - of course not everything will interest everybody. This one was pretty unusual. Maybe a sports reporter at Super Bowl will try it?

I guess there is more to Belgium than beer and chocolate.

peter
peter

January 31st, 2005, 12:47 am #7

yeah.....waffles!

Nat

January 31st, 2005, 1:09 am #8

Not true Nat! Some people who post here post links to here on other bulletin boards. If people are serious about learning everything there is to know about breast freedom, and helping as many women as possible, they will look and far for information and other people's experiences.

If I see a really intersting fact or story somewhere else I generally let BFFers know - of course not everything will interest everybody. This one was pretty unusual. Maybe a sports reporter at Super Bowl will try it?

I guess there is more to Belgium than beer and chocolate.
We internet board guys are very possessive about our posters! They are hard to get, so we like to keep them safely under wing here, protected from temptations of the big ugly world of the internet because if they're somewhere else- they aint here!

JB
JB

January 31st, 2005, 3:01 am #9

So Nat, one might say you are keeping us out of trouble.

Nat

January 31st, 2005, 3:26 am #10

Like a Mother Hen!