Phalloplasty

Phalloplasty

Pat
Pat

June 5th, 2005, 8:51 pm #1

I couldn't resist looking up corrective penis surgeries, and yes, they do exist and here is the proof: (ouch!!!)
http://www.drwhitehead.com/bnapicsLength.html
http://www.drwhitehead.com/bnapicsWide.html
I doubt that any of the persons in the "before" photos would have been considered in any way abnormal on a nude beach.
(just my humble opinion)

How do they do it? by cutting things and wearing weights, of course! Here's some explanation from another surgeon (again, ouch!!!)
Longer penis?
http://www.altermd.com/Penis%20Enhancem ... hening.htm
"Increasing penile length requires releasing the suspensory ligament and the wearing of penile weights after the surgery...Length increases of several inches are rare; these claims are usually based on misleading measurements taken from the apex of a V flap. However, some compulsive weight-users report anecdotal flaccid as well as erect gains of several inches. In fact, a one-inch gain is considered a success even with the use of weights."

Fatter penis? Yep, check out:
http://www.altermd.com/Penis%20Enhancem ... gement.htm
"Girth Enlargement -- Girth is increased by injecting fat into the loose tissue under the skin or by inserting strips or sheets of skin and fat (dermal fat grafts) under the skin. These procedures have various advantages and possible complications. Recently, physicians are inserting Alloderm (cadaver skin) to increase the thickness. At the present time, I am not performing any girth enhancement procedures. Injected fat tends to disappear over time. Large amounts of injected fat can cause penile distortion, fat nodules and lumps, and irregularity. The dermal fat graft procedure works very well most of the time and tends to stay permanently. However, some significant problems can occur, such as curvature and shortening."

Nat

June 6th, 2005, 12:27 am #2

I'm always dubious about "before and after" photos are flaccid penises. As every guy knows, the flaccid size of a penis varies greatly according to temperature and manipulation. Only when fully erect can any true size judgement be made, and here I would be concern that such surgeries have great risks of causing erectile problems such as peyronies syndrome where the cavernosa chambers do not inflate symmetrically. This is common enough even without surgery to this delicate organ.

Charlie
Charlie

June 7th, 2005, 1:50 pm #3

Agree with your "Before and After" comments. The issue is one of the "Showers" vs the "Growers" -- that is, men whose flaccid penis is a significant portion of it's erect length/girth, and those who's erect state is double (or more) of the resting, contracted position.

Let's not forget that a goodly portion of the penis is buried within the lower abdomen above and behind the scrotum, forming a foundation for the dangly bit to do it's thing when called!

And from the original post, I agree that none of the men pictured looked abnormal. If part of their surgery was to correct erctile variations, it probably wouldn't show when flaccid.

Now, women have a few more options to deal with in this respect, such as the various jewelry choices available, but I hate to think of Clitoroplasty becoming a fashion option:

[*]"Why settle for a pearl when YOU can have a Grape, or even an Olive!
[*] Just call WHizzBAng Surgical Clinic for a Free Consultation!"

Bleah....

Nat

June 7th, 2005, 3:36 pm #4

Yes Charlie, I could measure my flaccid size ten different times and get ten different measurements.

And it is well known that men who are being photographed nude often get their penis a bit turgid to exaggerate the apparent flaccid size.

June 8th, 2005, 3:15 am #5

Haven't any of these men that want enlargements seen the ultimate standard of Male beauty. I am referring to Michaelangelo's famous statue of David. He did not make him well endowed.
This just shows that we need to re-introduce the Art's into our school's.

Nat

June 8th, 2005, 2:58 pm #6

Well that's also true of women's breasts in classic art, to get back on topic.

Charlie
Charlie

June 8th, 2005, 5:41 pm #7

Haven't any of these men that want enlargements seen the ultimate standard of Male beauty. I am referring to Michaelangelo's famous statue of David. He did not make him well endowed.
This just shows that we need to re-introduce the Art's into our school's.
How true about the male standard of beauty!

For those not wanting to sort through Google:

It's worth noting that while David was Hebrew, Michaelangelo was not, and left his masterpiece uncircumsized. Indeed, many Biblical subjects portrayed by Renaisannce artists have this error (if you want to call it that), just as the women portrayed are also absent a vulva. Even Greek and Roman statues dismiss or ignore this female feature, though Hindu and other Eastern art and statuary are true to life.

No doubt this would be a great conversation piece for any vigorous debate on eastern vs western art styles and life outlook in general, much less acceptance of the breast and nipple.

(There... worked it back to being on topic!)

michaela
michaela

June 8th, 2005, 6:43 pm #8

I think any topic having to do with body image or body acceptance is perfectly on-topic here, even if it is about something other than breasts. It is good to compare the issues for the sake of balance and understanding between the genders.

Nat

June 8th, 2005, 7:22 pm #9

As you know I also have a forum for guys and they have many of the same issues as women.
In fact, I think in many ways, guys are now MORE inhibitive than women!
They now wear baggy body hiding clothes, very long 'shorts' and generally show less skin them females.

michaela
michaela

June 8th, 2005, 7:37 pm #10

That is exactly why conversations like these on any forum should be welcome. If the men on the TFF only hear the opinions of other men how can they know what we women think on the subject. I know, some of them are not interested in womens opinions there, but my point is that comparing the body issues we all face with those of the opposite gender might be enlightening.