Personal Dress Code

Personal Dress Code

Glenda
Glenda

December 15th, 2003, 3:04 am #1

While I believe in the ideals of bra / top freedom we do have to take into consideration time and place within our cultural settings while we are trying to change our culture acceptance (or maybe, I am just not confident enough to do whatever I want just anywhere(?)).

I am bra-free 100% of the time ... at church (and weddings, funerals, etc.) it is least obvious because I am more formally dressed; and at an informal church settings I would be more selective in what I would wear but would still not wear anything under. At work, with very thin material and see-thru, I wear a camisole, otherwise nothing under. All other circustances it's nothing under except a camisole for see-thru. When I am ecorted by my husband, anywhere, I am at my most confident and anything could happen.

Does anyone else have self imposed guidlines?

Anudist
Anudist

December 15th, 2003, 4:23 am #2

Actually, you state it wonderfully in your original message.

A PERSONAL DRESS CODE is the ideal. Everyone should be free to choose their own dress code for whatever purpose.

Me personally?

Well, as you know I prefer to be clothes free but realize that this is impractical and impossible. In fact, while working, I am usually wearing a tie although the company does NOT require me to wear a tie, in fact, they don't know it. (I'm independent outside salesperson). They also don't know that I am a nudist when not working. :GRIN:

Again, I think your concept of a Personal Dress Code is the ideal and I think that I will use that phrase, if you'll allow, from now one when discussing these topics.

Kelli
Kelli

December 15th, 2003, 8:25 pm #3

While I believe in the ideals of bra / top freedom we do have to take into consideration time and place within our cultural settings while we are trying to change our culture acceptance (or maybe, I am just not confident enough to do whatever I want just anywhere(?)).

I am bra-free 100% of the time ... at church (and weddings, funerals, etc.) it is least obvious because I am more formally dressed; and at an informal church settings I would be more selective in what I would wear but would still not wear anything under. At work, with very thin material and see-thru, I wear a camisole, otherwise nothing under. All other circustances it's nothing under except a camisole for see-thru. When I am ecorted by my husband, anywhere, I am at my most confident and anything could happen.

Glenda, what a great post. When I was in college, I rarely ever wore a bra and never gave it a second thought. Even when I got married, I continued to rarely wear a bra, but did begin to be more conservative around family members. Yet, for the past year, I have begun wearing a bra more because of my self imposed dress code. For some reason, I now feel more comfortable when wearing a bra. I still go bra free on most weekends, but during the week at work, I will usually have on a bra or at least a camisole if a bra is not really necessary. As far as others, it truly is your choice, and only you can decide how comfortable you are with your dress code.

Mike
Mike

December 16th, 2003, 12:49 am #4

No!, personally I am against most dress codes for two big reasons.

1. They are made by insecure/immature people who are afraid of exposed human flesh and who want to cover their asses because they are too afraid to deal with situations.

2. Most of them have no purpose, they give you this *workplace, because its right bullshit* and they dont even explain WHY they have these rules and it just seems like unless its practical to wear specific clothes because of the job environment, then there is no reason for a dress code.

I dont think that what people wear in a job is what people should really be concentrating on anyways. I mean if all a customer does when checking out a business is give a casual look at what the employees wear and decide that it isnt worth their time just based on that then the customer has issues. I mean if I went somewhere, id stack all the factors of it together before I made any judgements about it because personally ive been places where people are nicely dressed but treat me like crap so the whole dressed good means ur professional idea is a bunch of crap, because people can dress nice but still be horrible at their jobs just like they can dress casual and be slobs in some eyes but work efficiently at what they do. I just think people ought to be able to dress however they want as long as it doesnt adversely affect the company or cause a big whoopya.

Glenda
Glenda

December 16th, 2003, 3:26 am #5

Mike ... while we may agree with the frustration of the current state of affairs concening bra / top / body freedom, the question of a "personal dress code" addresses how each of us have adjusted to the reality of our culture, while pushing the envelope towards our freedom goals.

We all have a personal dress code, even if it is to choose to go naked 100%$ of the time.

What is your personal dress code? ... or another way of asking is ... how do you push the envelope towards your freedom goals while coping with cultural reality?

Mike
Mike

December 16th, 2003, 3:32 am #6

Basically as long as I can do it and I wont get in trouble or thrown out of someplace im topless or nude, depending on where I am but most likely topless as im a guy and its not a big deal for me, but even if I was a girl heck id do it as much as I could. I HATE clothes for the most part and really dont set any dress codes unless people are gonna be real stuck up and make me and then thats when I go all psycho on em cuz I just really HATE people who think theyre better than everyone else and that somehow gives them the right to tell me what im supposed to wear like my body belongs to them. Mostly though if people got a problem with the way I dress or dont dress I just tell em to deal with it or get lost because im not gonna change my ways to just to please them.

Mona
Mona

December 17th, 2003, 3:19 am #7

Glenda, I think this is a good topic and I enjoyed your message. I too am always brafree. I try to dress to the occasion. At work, I wear suits, as my counterparts do. For church, I try to wear something conservative, just like other people do. There are also a few other occasions that I try to make sure that no one can tell I am braless.

But most times, I don't really care if others know I am braless. When I am shopping, golfing, or socializing I don't try to cover up. I know my nipples are showing, my breasts are jiggling, and I figure that this is just the way I am. As I tell my friends, some women wear short skirts, some wear tight jeans, some wear baggy shirts, some wear black, some wear earrings, I wear no bra. It is really not a big deal.

Before I started going braless, I was very modest. I would be terrified if someone would notice my body or look carefully at me. I was very ashamed of my large breasts. I made sure my tops were baggy, my skirts long enough, showed no cleavage, and wore very modest swimsuits. Interestingly, after going braless for a few weeks, I did not mind the looks and now I often wear low necklines, wear tight tops, and even sheer tops sometimes. Also, for 26 years, I have worn bikinis (much skimpier when I was younger) and go topless on the beach if there are any other topless women there. I just feel very good about my body, even though it is far from a perfect body.

Mike
Mike

December 17th, 2003, 5:38 pm #8

Well dressing up for work is alot of the time mandatory and sometimes dressing up for church is too because if you dont then all the people there bitch about it thinking somehow if youre not dressed up that somehow god wont think of you as respecting him, honestly im sure he's just glad youre there and worship him, im sure he doesnt give a crap what you wear so long as youre there and doing his bidding. I think these people at these jobs and church really need to get a life, most of these dress codes have more to do with the employer/managers paranoia than anything else and really the clothing required serves no useful function other than to keep the employer happy at the expense of the employee. I basically figure if the clothing has no useful function there then theres no business making the person wear it.

kath
kath

December 17th, 2003, 11:05 pm #9

I never bra outside of the workplace. I will take measures to make ensure that my bralessness isn't obvious in certain situations (funeral, church etc) by wearing an outfit that conceals it somewhat . But I still refuse to bra outside of work...my girls need some unleashing time!

I USED TO always bra at work until recently. In my effort to become completely brafree, I'm phasing out my wearing even at the office. Now I wear one there when I have to (if the outfit makes it obvious) and don't whenever I can get away with it.

I plan on slowly cutting down on my wearing with the goal of eventually being 100% free. NOt only am I introducing brafreedom at work, but I have thrown out alot of my bras, and plan on never replacing the ones I own once they're worn etc. This way I have some sort of 'deadline' to be 100% free. When they're all gone, I won't even have the option of wearing one (thanks to Michaela for this suggestion way back when!)

Hey, as long as I have a bra around, I may chicken out at times and reach for the harness!

Glenda
Glenda

December 17th, 2003, 11:34 pm #10

Kath ... wonderful what you shared, thank you.

Have you tried camisoles? ... they helped me get rid of all my bras ... and now I us them when I chicken out! =) (but there is a lot more freedom with them)