Penalty by law

Penalty by law

October 2nd, 2002, 6:32 pm #1

What is the penalty for a woman to go topless in an undesignated public area? Does it involve warnings, fines or possibly jailtime?

October 2nd, 2002, 9:15 pm #2

Hi...it depends on what jurisdiction you're in at the time of the incident. Here in New York, it's legally OK for a woman to be topless anywhere a man can be...whether in a park, on a beach, or any other public place. However, cities, towns, villages, etc. can...and some have...passed their own laws to supercede the state laws, and have made it illegal for us to be bare breasted in public. In those cases, the penalty is usually a fine, although it's probably either a violation or misdemeanor, both punishable by brief periods of jail time if so ordered by a judge.

I've been topless in public on a number of occasions, usually either driving home from the beach (I go to the nude beach and HATE to put anything on after being naked all day!) or sunbathing in a park, and have never had any problems other than a few disapproving stares, usually from older women. I'd love to be able to simply walk down the street, shop, etc. topless...which is technically allowable for me under New York State law...but I'm not that brave...at least, not yet. Plus, my parents would absolutely kill me if they found out!

Speaking of nudity, it is generally considered legal to be nude on Federal land, since there are no Federal statutes against simple nudity. The nude beach which I go to...Lighthouse Beach on Long Island...is on Federal land, and is used by thousands of nudies daily, all under the watchful and approving eyes of the Federal and county police who actually patrol right on the beach. These officers are great, and as a young single woman, it's a pleasure to be able to be nude on a beach without worrying about being hassled by pervs or other unpleasant characters.

Bottom line: it's best to check the laws in the areas in which you're going to be topless or nude before "flashing the flesh"!

Good luck...

Kristi

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 2nd, 2002, 10:25 pm #3

i am a nudist for a long time. nudists certainly do not drive home from the beach nude or topless. as a matter of fact i have never heard of anyone who did that. real nudists like to stick to the law. we like being nude on the beach or in special assigned areas. we certainly have no intention to upset people. we respect other people. the older women you mentioned are peopled to be respected too.

we were glad to be back on track and suddenly kristi returns, playing her old record. please, stop these sick topless stories. they are of no use to the BFF. find yourself a community where you can post your fantasies but don't use the BFF to get your kicks.

October 3rd, 2002, 1:34 pm #4

Gee...another anonymous button pusher casting aspersions on someone's legitimate response to a legitimate question. What class! What maturity! What a shame...

Had you thought about what you read rather than simply reacted to it, you might have noticed that my response was to a question about legal penalties for appearing topfree in public. It was a valid question, and the response was both thoughtful and informative. The examples provided from my personal experiences were merely illustrative of the issues being discussed, namely the possible sanctions attached to public topfreedom. They were not designed to titillate the reader, nor did they have anything to do with being a "real" (is there such a thing as an "unreal"?) nudist.

I believe that this forum...which is even better than ever...is designed for the sharing of information, ideas, and experiences. Well, guess what...that's what I did, and will continue to do, at least until some non-anonymous, intelligent individual suggests otherwise. And that's NOT you!

Now, may we all get back to the agendas at hand, and dispense with the anonymous sniping?

Thanks...

Kristi

Jennifer
Jennifer

October 3rd, 2002, 2:05 pm #5

i am a nudist for a long time. nudists certainly do not drive home from the beach nude or topless. as a matter of fact i have never heard of anyone who did that. real nudists like to stick to the law. we like being nude on the beach or in special assigned areas. we certainly have no intention to upset people. we respect other people. the older women you mentioned are peopled to be respected too.

we were glad to be back on track and suddenly kristi returns, playing her old record. please, stop these sick topless stories. they are of no use to the BFF. find yourself a community where you can post your fantasies but don't use the BFF to get your kicks.
I agree with you. These posts are of no use to the purpose of the forum. Posters like Kristi are like annoying popups. Just when you think a mature discussion is possible intruders enter the forum and disturb a mature and healthy discussion again.

Anudist
Anudist

October 3rd, 2002, 2:13 pm #6

I am a card carrying nudist and I have driven to and from nudist beaches et cetera nude. I am also self respecting. Its not a normal practice for me but I have done it for various reasons. Furthermore, someof my lady friends that have visited the nude beaches with me have ridden home with me, open bloused which is almost the same as topfree - reason for the blouse on her back was the seats were too HOT!

Nonetheless, Kristi's response and title is appropriate here. She is 100% correct about it differing from one jurisdiction to another.

In actuality, it seems as if toplessness without lewd activity is acceptable almost anywhere. YES, the woman may be hasseled and or arrested by the police but for first offense the courts will usually just slap hands, if anything but the case gets dismissed. HOWEVER, the media may blow the case out of proportion and damage the reputation of the woman in question.

There are now enough precedents in enough jurisdiction where compentent legal council should be able to get the woman freed from the legal system. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that there is not work to do.

FIRST, a woman should not have to even get arrested or cited for being topfree. That's part of the education for this forum that being topfree is not lewd behaviour or indencent.

Its the other things that cause problems. LEWDNESS and "inappropriate" toplessness. When is topfree inappropriate, that is a good question... However, I would have to say that whenever a man is topless a woman should have the same right. Nonetheless, sometimes when a man is topfree, it is INAPPROPRIATE for him to be so therefore it would also be INAPPROPRIATE for a woman to be but nothing is done about his topfreedomness.

Jennifer
Jennifer

October 3rd, 2002, 2:14 pm #7

Gee...another anonymous button pusher casting aspersions on someone's legitimate response to a legitimate question. What class! What maturity! What a shame...

Had you thought about what you read rather than simply reacted to it, you might have noticed that my response was to a question about legal penalties for appearing topfree in public. It was a valid question, and the response was both thoughtful and informative. The examples provided from my personal experiences were merely illustrative of the issues being discussed, namely the possible sanctions attached to public topfreedom. They were not designed to titillate the reader, nor did they have anything to do with being a "real" (is there such a thing as an "unreal"?) nudist.

I believe that this forum...which is even better than ever...is designed for the sharing of information, ideas, and experiences. Well, guess what...that's what I did, and will continue to do, at least until some non-anonymous, intelligent individual suggests otherwise. And that's NOT you!

Now, may we all get back to the agendas at hand, and dispense with the anonymous sniping?

Thanks...

Kristi
Whether the reaction is anonymous or not doesn't mean the content is not valuable. I agree with the anon poster. After all the sick stuff we had on this forum I cannot believe you have the nerve to come back here again. When will this ever stop ?

Jennifer
Jennifer

October 3rd, 2002, 2:21 pm #8

I am a card carrying nudist and I have driven to and from nudist beaches et cetera nude. I am also self respecting. Its not a normal practice for me but I have done it for various reasons. Furthermore, someof my lady friends that have visited the nude beaches with me have ridden home with me, open bloused which is almost the same as topfree - reason for the blouse on her back was the seats were too HOT!

Nonetheless, Kristi's response and title is appropriate here. She is 100% correct about it differing from one jurisdiction to another.

In actuality, it seems as if toplessness without lewd activity is acceptable almost anywhere. YES, the woman may be hasseled and or arrested by the police but for first offense the courts will usually just slap hands, if anything but the case gets dismissed. HOWEVER, the media may blow the case out of proportion and damage the reputation of the woman in question.

There are now enough precedents in enough jurisdiction where compentent legal council should be able to get the woman freed from the legal system. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that there is not work to do.

FIRST, a woman should not have to even get arrested or cited for being topfree. That's part of the education for this forum that being topfree is not lewd behaviour or indencent.

Its the other things that cause problems. LEWDNESS and "inappropriate" toplessness. When is topfree inappropriate, that is a good question... However, I would have to say that whenever a man is topless a woman should have the same right. Nonetheless, sometimes when a man is topfree, it is INAPPROPRIATE for him to be so therefore it would also be INAPPROPRIATE for a woman to be but nothing is done about his topfreedomness.
Well, I don't agree. I don't think you do the nude cause any good by driving around naked. I reserve being naked for the beach. I don't want to confront other people who don't expect this with my nudity. My question is how do you handle the issue of respect, as in respect for other people? How do you handle the matter with religious people? Nudity and toplessness in public is not appreciated by religions like Judaism and Islam. How do you handle the feelings of these people when you confront them uninvited with your bare body or breasts? It might all be legal but do we have to give priority to the law above respect to people?

October 3rd, 2002, 2:35 pm #9

I agree with you. These posts are of no use to the purpose of the forum. Posters like Kristi are like annoying popups. Just when you think a mature discussion is possible intruders enter the forum and disturb a mature and healthy discussion again.
I absolutely agree with Jennifer's right to disagree with any postings, mine included. After all, that's what open discussion is about.

This however, does not give her the right to characterize the poster...in this case, myself...as annoying, a "pop-up", or any other insulting term. Posting on this site...which I truly love and respect...is not "kicks" for me but rather an opportunity for an intelligent exchange of ideas on issues supposedly important to us all. If you don't agree with the ideas, that's fine...but don't you DARE to be so arrogant and self-righteous as to trash either myself or anyone else for sharing those ideas.

The practice of name-calling usually ends for most people by the end of the third grade. It has no place in a forum such as this.

Sorry that you're so annoyed, Jennifer...but don't worry, I won't bother any of you again with such horrendous postings.

Just proves my point though...given enough time, most people will sink to their lowest common denominator, and then proudly call attention to themselves by publicly flaunting it.

It's now your forum Jennifer...enjoy it!

Kristi

Dan
Dan

October 3rd, 2002, 4:13 pm #10

Well, I don't agree. I don't think you do the nude cause any good by driving around naked. I reserve being naked for the beach. I don't want to confront other people who don't expect this with my nudity. My question is how do you handle the issue of respect, as in respect for other people? How do you handle the matter with religious people? Nudity and toplessness in public is not appreciated by religions like Judaism and Islam. How do you handle the feelings of these people when you confront them uninvited with your bare body or breasts? It might all be legal but do we have to give priority to the law above respect to people?
Judaism is quite diverse, from very orthodox to very liberal, even with female rabbis. Check out these links to see about topfreedom in the modern Israel. Yes, Israel is not Holland, but then the USA isn't either.
Here is the home page for the Israeli Naturist Federation
http://www.netnude.com/main/info/africa/israe991.html
other links:
http://www.wujs.org.il/stu/travel/city_ ... dney.shtml
http://www.netnude.com/main/info/africa/israe991.html

" Not so in Eilat! The orthodox are rarely to be seen, and topless girls soaking up the sun on the beaches raise few eyebrows" http://www.sallys-place.com/travel/midd ... /eilat.htm