Original meanings

Original meanings

Europeman
Europeman

October 29th, 2006, 4:39 pm #1

For me, a G-string is (eg) a violin string which plays a G.

This expression is however also used to designate a minimal bottom underwear or beachware. Is the latter a derivative of the violin string (how?) or has this another origin?

By the way, can anybody explain the difference between a g-string (minimal bottom) and a thong?

Thanks a lot to let me improve my english.

Nat

October 29th, 2006, 7:15 pm #2

I think a G-string is smaller than a thong- and is designed to cover just the genitals where as a thong also covers the anus, if only barely. In short, a G-sting is the very minimal that could skirt by nudity laws. I think the only place you would see them worn is by strippers/dancers where as thongs can be seen at beaches (although many outlaw them).

As for the derivation- I checked several dictionaries and none of them knew but it would be my guess it has something to do with “genitals” or “G-spot”.

shadow
shadow

October 30th, 2006, 1:05 am #3

If it has to do with G-spot it is no wonder most people are confused and don't get it right, about sex and orgasm, that is. A G-spot is nowhere near where a G-string could cover.

Nat

October 30th, 2006, 1:58 am #4

Well I meant that that general area is sometimes referred to by the letter "G". It's just speculation on my part where G-strings got their name. Speculation is all I have since I haven't found any real info about it.

tgobg
tgobg

October 30th, 2006, 3:09 am #5

It is the note they make when you pull it tight and strum it,
Or it is the note the wearer screams when the thing snaps

And i think butt floss is a more accurate description

shadow
shadow

October 30th, 2006, 3:14 am #6

That is what I have always thought of g-strings, or thongs...terrible things, why bother! What I really hate is seeing thongs pulled up higher than the tops of the jeans. I think that is just plain nasty! I say go without. Way more sexy! Butt floss, Bad!

tgobg
tgobg

October 30th, 2006, 4:12 am #7

I think they need to pass a law (not really) that if your underwear shows above your pants/skirt then you either get a ticket and a fine or everyone gets to give you a wedgie and you cannot complain or press charges.

No not really but everytime I see a kid with the boxers all bunched up above their pants, or a girl showing her thong it just screams give me a wedgie.

I told my kids if i see their pants sagging and their underwear showing, i have a nail gun and i know how to use it. Or duct tape.

shadow
shadow

October 30th, 2006, 12:09 pm #8

That's perfect! LOL
How about a wedgy for your kids if their underwear show?
See, what it is I think here is that we really aren't against the freedom to wear your clothes the way you want to, cause we do like freedom and choice, it is that we really don't like underwear! I don't want to see them. I am offended by the light of underwear!
(for any one who wants to jump on me now...my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek!)

Nat

October 30th, 2006, 1:20 pm #9

I have never understood this “sagging” fad. Not only does it look dumb but the sensation of pants hanging down about to fall off would drive me nuts. Going along with this are the new “low-rise” jeans that look like the maker ran out of material during the manufacturing process (but ironically, they charge more for less). The waist is just such a natural point for the tops of pants to be that anything else just doesn’t look or (to me) feel right. I suppose every generation has had their “style” (fad) but I think this is the dumbest ever.

shadow
shadow

October 30th, 2006, 6:26 pm #10

The waist is too high for jeans on a woman, I think. The most perfect jeans are Levi's original 501 button fly jeans. That is all I wear, and the top of the jeans, or waist, I guess, fits perfectly on the hip bone. Not too low, not too high, but just perfect. And because they are button fly there is no zipper to worry about when one doesn't own any underwear! Safety and happyness for all!