Ohio State vs U of Texas -- Rd 2

Ohio State vs U of Texas -- Rd 2

Bob
Bob

September 9th, 2006, 1:31 pm #1

Tonight is the much-anticipated rematch between the football team of Ohio State University and the University of Texas. Ohio State is ranked #1 in the country (USA), and Texas is ranked #2. This will be the first regular season meeting between #1 and #2 ranked teams in 10 years. Last year's game was in Columbus, with UT prevailing with a late touchdown to win 25-22. Of course, Texas went on to defeat Univ. of Southern California to win the National Championship.

This year, the game is in Austin, Texas. Texas star quarterback, Vince Young, left early for pro ball (NFL). 9 of 11 starters from last year's stellar Ohio State defense also left for the NFL. The game is billed as the match-ups of experienced OSU offgense vs. an improved and veteran UT defense . . . and a UT offense now led by an inexperienced, young QB vs. a rebuilt and inexperienced Ohio State defense (interesting: both kicking games are new from last year, and it could all come down to a field goal attempt).

Ohio State is favored to win, as they were last year. I am going with my gf to watch the game at an outdoor part, on a huge screen. It should be great fun. Anyone else planning to watch? (Michaela and Peter have it right there in their backyard)

shadow
shadow

September 10th, 2006, 2:13 pm #2

Who won?

Bob
Bob

September 11th, 2006, 5:17 pm #3

I'm sure by now that you know: Ohio State defeated Univ of Texas 24-7. OSU retains its number one ranking (I saw one poll where Texas droped from #2 to #8).

I think the difference in the game came down to two factors: 1) Turnovers (Texas had a key fumble lost on Ohio State's 2 yard line, and an intercerption by OSU early in the third quarter -- both turnovers led to Ohio State points. OSU had no turnovers). 2) The experienced quarterback play of OSU's Troy Smith, versus the inexperience of UT's QB, Colt McCoy. Texas ran the ball well, but McCoy was not able to complete enough passes to continue drives.

All the Buckeye fans who attended the game posted on message boards how cordial and classy Texas fans treated them. Ohio State has some nasty fans, so maybe we could learn something about "graciousness" from Texans.

Bob
Bob

September 11th, 2006, 5:26 pm #4

Tonight is the much-anticipated rematch between the football team of Ohio State University and the University of Texas. Ohio State is ranked #1 in the country (USA), and Texas is ranked #2. This will be the first regular season meeting between #1 and #2 ranked teams in 10 years. Last year's game was in Columbus, with UT prevailing with a late touchdown to win 25-22. Of course, Texas went on to defeat Univ. of Southern California to win the National Championship.

This year, the game is in Austin, Texas. Texas star quarterback, Vince Young, left early for pro ball (NFL). 9 of 11 starters from last year's stellar Ohio State defense also left for the NFL. The game is billed as the match-ups of experienced OSU offgense vs. an improved and veteran UT defense . . . and a UT offense now led by an inexperienced, young QB vs. a rebuilt and inexperienced Ohio State defense (interesting: both kicking games are new from last year, and it could all come down to a field goal attempt).

Ohio State is favored to win, as they were last year. I am going with my gf to watch the game at an outdoor part, on a huge screen. It should be great fun. Anyone else planning to watch? (Michaela and Peter have it right there in their backyard)
Here is a pic of my gf's granddaughter. Yep, they start em out young here . . the boys in football . . and the girls in cheerleading. She is soooo cute!

shadow
shadow

September 12th, 2006, 12:03 am #5

I'm sure by now that you know: Ohio State defeated Univ of Texas 24-7. OSU retains its number one ranking (I saw one poll where Texas droped from #2 to #8).

I think the difference in the game came down to two factors: 1) Turnovers (Texas had a key fumble lost on Ohio State's 2 yard line, and an intercerption by OSU early in the third quarter -- both turnovers led to Ohio State points. OSU had no turnovers). 2) The experienced quarterback play of OSU's Troy Smith, versus the inexperience of UT's QB, Colt McCoy. Texas ran the ball well, but McCoy was not able to complete enough passes to continue drives.

All the Buckeye fans who attended the game posted on message boards how cordial and classy Texas fans treated them. Ohio State has some nasty fans, so maybe we could learn something about "graciousness" from Texans.
Texas is the nicest place I have ever been. People talk to you like they know you, and feed you too!

shadow
shadow

September 12th, 2006, 12:04 am #6

Here is a pic of my gf's granddaughter. Yep, they start em out young here . . the boys in football . . and the girls in cheerleading. She is soooo cute!

Bob's dating a grandma? !!! I feel better suddenly!

Nat

September 12th, 2006, 3:20 pm #7

Cute little girl but she doesn’t seem too sure about going to cheerleader practice today!

Bob
Bob

September 12th, 2006, 11:43 pm #8

Bob's dating a grandma? !!! I feel better suddenly!
She's so little . . and calls me "Daddy" . . . so suddenly she doesn't seem so old! lmao

She's cute too, don't you think?

Nat

September 13th, 2006, 12:34 am #9

You do make a nice couple Bob.

shadow
shadow

September 13th, 2006, 12:59 am #10

She's so little . . and calls me "Daddy" . . . so suddenly she doesn't seem so old! lmao

She's cute too, don't you think?

Yeah, she's cute....but you are looking real good! You really did need to get out of the office, I guess. What an improvement since the last time we saw you in pictures! Way to go...!!!