noticing

noticing

September 23rd, 2004, 9:46 pm #1

I have read this site for a long time, and have followed suggested links etc to similar sites, and one common thing I keep reading is encouraging people saying "try it - nobody will notice". I read this over and over again today? Not notice? How could that be?

I find people notice me all the time. Out in public, I get looks all the time - even by other women and younger girls. And I don't even make it blatent, I just go about my business, yet they certainly look at my chest.

Not only that, but I can spot a freeboober 2 blocks away!

So, I think it's very important to encourage the bound to try brafreedom, I think it's very misinforming to let them think nobody will notice. People will and do notice, that's a fact. I think the important thing here is to awknowledge this, but to instill confidence in those who try it to become comfortable with some stares, and more conffident in their natural breasts' state's appearance.

For those who say "go ahead, nobody will notice" I think you're doing the rookies a disservice. If they go into this expecting nobody to react, then get stared at, they will become more subconcious than ever and quickly run back into a bra for good.

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !

David
David

September 23rd, 2004, 11:32 pm #2

You make a good point, I would say 'nobody will make a big fuss' rather than 'nobody will notice'.

Cindiee
Cindiee

September 24th, 2004, 1:02 am #3

I have read this site for a long time, and have followed suggested links etc to similar sites, and one common thing I keep reading is encouraging people saying "try it - nobody will notice". I read this over and over again today? Not notice? How could that be?

I find people notice me all the time. Out in public, I get looks all the time - even by other women and younger girls. And I don't even make it blatent, I just go about my business, yet they certainly look at my chest.

So, I think it's very important to encourage the bound to try brafreedom, I think it's very misinforming to let them think nobody will notice. People will and do notice, that's a fact. I think the important thing here is to awknowledge this, but to instill confidence in those who try it to become comfortable with some stares, and more conffident in their natural breasts' state's appearance.

For those who say "go ahead, nobody will notice" I think you're doing the rookies a disservice. If they go into this expecting nobody to react, then get stared at, they will become more subconcious than ever and quickly run back into a bra for good.

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !
Kath,
You are right, for the most part, but I also think at times, people do not notice. It really depends how big your boobs are (mine are small) and what you are wearing underneath.
Sure, even in my size, people notice, but not all the time, well, they don't stare and I think that is the only point I have if they do or don't know, that I am bra free.
After a while so, one get's used to it and maybe for newcomers, they need to be careful what do wear without a bra and go gradual.
And the thing is, not just do guys (men) stare at times but also women. I wish I just could tell them, don't you have boobs yourself?
Life goes on and I am still happy with my choice in going bra free.
Cindiee

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 24th, 2004, 1:04 am #4

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !
Well, as a 38DD, I was certainly hesitant to go in public without a bra, but with a light camisole (5% spandex), I've learned that no one really notices in public and only a few at work. All in all, I've spent the last three weeks brafree and have had NO negative feedback. A lot of the "impression" is in the mind of the "owner!" As a plus, I'm a lot more comfortable and I'm beginning to not be self-conscious either. Y'all hang in there (no pun intended!)

michaela
michaela

September 24th, 2004, 1:41 am #5

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !
I think it really does depend on whether you have large or small breasts and what you are wearing. Loose fitting clothes over my smaller sized breasts does not get any attention, so I believe it is acurate to say my bralessness doesn't get noticed. If I wear clingy, summery tops or dresses, I do get noticed. But I get noticed anyway because I don't look like anyone else around. For the novice I would say if you are nervous just choose your clothes carefully, and most likely you won't be noticed.

Nat

September 24th, 2004, 3:59 am #6

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !
People may "notice" at new hair-do but nothing wrong with that. Why should there be anything "wrong" with noticing brafreedom? Is it illegal? Is it immoral? Does it hurt anyone? Why should we be embarrassed by it?

michaela
michaela

September 24th, 2004, 7:06 pm #7

Unfortunately catty women and their comments, loud men and their cat calls, and an insecure, unsure novice to brafreedom do not mix well. We have such a backward thinking society that everyone is totally embarrassed by moving, natural breasts.

I was watching the new season of Survivor last night, and they have a whole new batch of un-natural breasts on. several younger women looking very implanted, and several older women looking low and natural. It is going to reinforce the idea that youth means high, hard, and huge, and aged means low, flat, and saggy. It is very irritating.

Nat

September 24th, 2004, 9:07 pm #8

I'm afraid you are right Michaela. Todays' young generation is afraid to be honest and natural, and it shows up in many ways other than brafreedom. It is so paradoxical because 30 years ago it was just the opposite- then it was the young who spurned pretention and phoniness. It would be a good research projection for a sociologists to figure out why these two generations are so different.

Tam
Tam

September 25th, 2004, 3:26 am #9

Don't misinform!!!

Just my 2 cents !
It really depends on what I am wearing. I have some clothes that even my husband doesnt know I'm not wearing a bra. But then other clothes there is no hiding that fact I am braless.

Jodi
Jodi

September 25th, 2004, 1:03 pm #10

Tam,
Your statement sums it up pretty well, the thing is that there will be someone notice the majority of the times but you determine to what degree depending on what you choose to wear.

It is up to the individual, the setting, circumstances and confidence level dictates how obvious it might be.

For those that absolutely can't be noticed, there are shirts and undershirts that can hide anything. The less you wear, the more obvious it becomes.

I commend those however that aren't too shy to wear those more revealing shirts, they are the ones that are quietly spreading the message that being bra-free is acceptable. They have learned how to do this tastefully and respectfully.