Nipples

Nipples

Mandy
Mandy

November 10th, 2005, 8:53 pm #1

Hi, I just discovered this site and I must say you people have some interesting conversations here! I'm 24 and I have hated wearing bras all my life. I don't really need one because my breasts are quite firm and don't sag at all. So my problem? Nipples! I guess I have extra pointy nipples because they are always showing through my clothes. I don't know why this is a big deal really- its not like youre seeing anything but bumps in a shirt but from comments I've heard you would think I was walking around naked! Can somebody here explain why bumps in a shirt are such a awful thing?

Thanks, Mandy

Melissa
Melissa

November 11th, 2005, 12:26 am #2

Personally I also have nipples that are often hard and stick out (and contarary to what some guys think it's not because I'm horney or even cold) they just do. Under most circumstances I don't care if people notice. Some of my guy friends have even coined a phrase "she's got some Melissa action going on" to discribe someone with hard nipples to eachother.

Bob
Bob

November 11th, 2005, 12:36 am #3

Nipples seem to be the part of the breast that is considered most sexual. Notice that strippers in some clubs are required to wear pasties over their nipples, while the rest of the breast can be bare.

Nat

November 11th, 2005, 2:30 am #4

Hi, I just discovered this site and I must say you people have some interesting conversations here! I'm 24 and I have hated wearing bras all my life. I don't really need one because my breasts are quite firm and don't sag at all. So my problem? Nipples! I guess I have extra pointy nipples because they are always showing through my clothes. I don't know why this is a big deal really- its not like youre seeing anything but bumps in a shirt but from comments I've heard you would think I was walking around naked! Can somebody here explain why bumps in a shirt are such a awful thing?

Thanks, Mandy
Hi Mandy, welcome to BFF. You have an interesting question- why do bumps in a shirt or sweater upset people so? After all- they are only bumps. But bumps certainly seem to be quite a taboo these days- especially with teens who regarding "nipping" (as they call it) a major social sin.

It wasn't always like this- in the 1970s when many women were going brafree- or wearing super soft thin "natural look" bras nipple bumps were a common sight- even on TV- and no-one seem to care. Some even considered it an attribute and I saw ads for bras with buttons sow on the front to simulate nipple bumps for nipple-impaired women! Amazing how times change, huh?

But all this historical recitation isn't solving your problem, is it? Well, you can try the old trick of putting tape or bandaids on your nipples, but if I was you I would just tell these prudes who have nothing better to do then criticize bumps in a shirt to take a hike. They wouldn't be people I would want to associate with anyway.

michaela
michaela

November 11th, 2005, 3:16 am #5

Thanks, Mandy
Hi!
I don't know why nipples have become the taboo that they have in recent years. But I don't worry at all about it. Why? Because women who wear bras nip too, and it shows, whether they know it or not. It would be good to just not worry about it. If you hear a comment about yours just say to them how interesting you find it that they noticed. Maybe they should check the custody of their eyes?

John Bayko
John Bayko

November 11th, 2005, 5:41 am #6

Thanks, Mandy
I often suggest getting about a dozen of these:

http://www.bodyperks.com/index-product.html

Wear half on each side. Then watch the reactions.

These are cheaper:

http://www.softer-ware.com/

Bob
Bob

November 11th, 2005, 2:00 pm #7

Fake boobs . . . and now, fake nipples . . . and I thought part of this movement was about body acceptance.

I found the message board there interesting (assuming those were actual customer comments). You have women saying that they wear these fake nipples for ALL THE ATTENTION they get, especially male attention. I think that is quite an interesting admission: Women, who (we are told) don't want to be gawked/leered/ogled by men, are wearing fake nipples so that men will notice and look. NOW and the media need to survey these women to find out what women really want -- maybe men aren't the bad guys after all (Is this a confusing country, or what??!!! lol)

If I'm not mistaken, aren't there already nipples built into certain bras and bikini tops? Then, there are bras (and tops) so sheer that a woman's own nipples (the outline anyway) subtly show through. And, true to course, other women (not just the guys' gf's) are quick to bump guys and tell them, "Stop looking at her boobs!" (got told this recently at work by a female co-worker, who was later heard talking about the supposed erection of a male employee during a meeting . . yeeesh!)

(I dated a girl in hs who had wonderful pointy nipples that stood out about 3/4 inch. She used band-aids to cover them, so they would not be so obvious, but the band-aids kept popping off. The adhesive was just no match for those sexy projections. Man, I miss those nipples!!)

Nat

November 11th, 2005, 2:17 pm #8

I often suggest getting about a dozen of these:

http://www.bodyperks.com/index-product.html

Wear half on each side. Then watch the reactions.

These are cheaper:

http://www.softer-ware.com/
Yes, I think it's funny that you can find websites selling nipple enhancers and websites selling nipple hiders!
But from what I've seen, the nipple hider people are probably making more money these days.

November 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm #9

Some of us can have 'em show some of the time, and have 'em hide some of the time, and don't have to spend a dime on either fashion! And my hair has got natural highlights now too and I didn't have to have them done in the salon, they just keep coming in. Sparkly, shiney, bright, silvery highlights!

Mandy
Mandy

November 11th, 2005, 7:43 pm #10

Thanks, Mandy
I want to thank you all for all for you helpful advice. I think it's funny that they sell things to make what I'm trying to avoid! lol! but I think I will take Nat's advice and just not worry about it. Like he says those who would bitch about bumps in a shirt would bitch about anything and wouldn't be good fiends anyway. I just hope when I get a job my employer won't be a ass about it.