nipple rings

nipple rings

curious
curious

November 17th, 2005, 10:24 pm #1

I'm curious what you people here think about nipple rings.
Do you think they are a good thing or a bad thing?

November 19th, 2005, 12:46 am #2

I am very small breasted (and proud of them). I don't have any intention of ruining my nipples by poking holes in them. I admit I have seen pierced nips (usually larger breasted ladies) I thought were sexy, but not as a rule.

Nat

November 19th, 2005, 12:54 am #3

The rings don't "ruin" the nipples Cindy. The nipples actually become more sensitive afterwards, and you can even breastfeed without any problem. And if you decide you don't want the rings anymore, take them out and the holes close up and you can hardly tell they were ever there.

Melissa
Melissa

November 19th, 2005, 4:56 pm #4

and I think they are cute, even on my little boobs. I just get tired of people asking the same question "did it hurt?" Yes it did, it was poking a hole in a sensetive body part what do you think.

Nat

November 19th, 2005, 5:41 pm #5

Do people not get flu shots because it hurts a bit? No, they get the shot because they think its benefit- not getting sick- is worth a bit of pain.

The same is true of nip rings- is a lifetime of sensual pleasure is worth a bit of pain? Many say yes it is.

Bob
Bob

November 20th, 2005, 12:15 am #6

and I think they are cute, even on my little boobs. I just get tired of people asking the same question "did it hurt?" Yes it did, it was poking a hole in a sensetive body part what do you think.
I guess you can do with them what you want.

As for my preferences, I don't find most piercings (or most tatoos) attractive. I think a woman's body is fine au natural. Pierced earlobes . . fine . . look nice. I also like naval piercings when the female is young, slender, with a taut tummy as a backdrop (saw a young lady with a tanned tummy, this little twinkling jewel in a piercing of her naval, wearing a midriff-barring top . . . very attractive).

I like to see women looking feminine and classy, and I don't find most piercings (or tatoos) representing either.

Nat

November 20th, 2005, 1:55 am #7

It seems arbitrary and hypocritical to accept some piercings (ears, navel) but not others.
And as Melissa will tell you- nipple rings are more than just decorative, they are sensual, so consider the benefits to their wearer.

Melissa
Melissa

November 20th, 2005, 8:31 am #8

Do people not get flu shots because it hurts a bit? No, they get the shot because they think its benefit- not getting sick- is worth a bit of pain.

The same is true of nip rings- is a lifetime of sensual pleasure is worth a bit of pain? Many say yes it is.
I personally do get sensual pleasure from having mine played with that's not why I go them. I did it because I thought they looked good, same reason as my ears and belly button are pierced, and all of them hurt too when I got them done.

Nat

November 20th, 2005, 3:12 pm #9

One of the curious things about breasts is how much nipple sensitivity varies from person to person. Some get great sensual pleasure from nipple stimulation while others get nothing. And note I made no reference to gender because this can apply to either sex. The nipple nerves form during gestation and are essentially the same in both sexes. Male & female nipples are idenical until hormones kick in at puberty. Sometimes hormonal imbalance can cause male breasts to develop too- a condition call gynecomastia. (now where is Bradley??!) Male nipple sexuality is generally de-emphasized by heterosexual men because it is perceived as "gay" or "feminine" but nipples play a major part in gay sex.

Nipple rings usually enhance sensitivity by bringing stimulation closer to the nerves and most women (and men) report increased sensitivity and sensuality after piercing. But ofcourse, there are always exceptions. However as you point out- many find nip rings sexy and attractive adornments irrespective of the sensuality aspect.

Bob
Bob

November 20th, 2005, 6:33 pm #10

It seems arbitrary and hypocritical to accept some piercings (ears, navel) but not others.
And as Melissa will tell you- nipple rings are more than just decorative, they are sensual, so consider the benefits to their wearer.
I guess it can seem so to someone who doesn't make distinctions. Someone might think its "arbitrary and hypocritical" if I think its OK for a man to have a mustache, but I don't really like to see one on a woman. I guess it might seem "arbitrary and hypocritical" to think some women look nice with shorter hair, but others don't look so nice. I suppose it can be seen as "arbitrary and hypocritical" if I think that a small tatoo on a girl's hip or ankle can look cute, but that those body-covering massive tatoos are a waste of nice skin.

Likwise, it can seem to some "arbitrary and hypocritical" if I think that a standard set of pierced earlobes or a little jeweled piercing in the belly button can be sexy or cute . . . but that I find multiple piercings that go up and on top of the ears excessive . . or that eyebrow piercings look uncomfortable . . . that chains dangling between piercings look like you're on some sadomasochistic trip . . . or that piercings of a woman's nipples or labia can make her look cheap (though the piercings themselves may not be). I do make distimctions re what-works-and-what-doesn't . . . I don't think everything works equally well or for everyone. I guess some can see that as "arbitrary and hypocritical" --- I just see that as having personal tastes.