new year's resolution

new year's resolution

Pat
Pat

January 10th, 2005, 12:16 am #1

Rhetorical question:
Does anyone know what breast freedom has to do with people explaining what someone said about what someone elses statement about another's statement about a previous statement was all about, or who agrees or used to agree with whom, and other endless strings of off-topic dialog?

Answer:
Very little

Consider a New Year's resolution:
Before we hit the "post" button, let's consider the effect of our writing on what we're all supposed to promoting -- Breast Freedom. Does what you have to say show breast freedom in a positive light; does it drive away people looking for information and support? Does it provide information and support? If you were considering joining a new club, what would be the effect of hearing most of the members bickering among themselves? What would be the effect of hearing them being informative and supportive?
Before adding yet another "but teacher, johnny started it" instead let's think of what we can do to make the world a more comfortable and healthy place for women. Perhaps Nat could now and then add some "what we are doing and where we are going" posts to keep us on-topic.

Disclaimer: This post is not aimed at anyone; it is merely a suggestion for all to consider, including me.

michaela
michaela

January 10th, 2005, 12:43 am #2

Yes ma'am, or sir!
What will we do if someone goes off topic? Give them a ticket? What is it is Nat? Maybe we'll have to fire him and hire you to moderate?

Nat

January 10th, 2005, 12:53 am #3

Rhetorical question:
Does anyone know what breast freedom has to do with people explaining what someone said about what someone elses statement about another's statement about a previous statement was all about, or who agrees or used to agree with whom, and other endless strings of off-topic dialog?

Answer:
Very little

Before we hit the "post" button, let's consider the effect of our writing on what we're all supposed to promoting -- Breast Freedom. Does what you have to say show breast freedom in a positive light; does it drive away people looking for information and support? Does it provide information and support? If you were considering joining a new club, what would be the effect of hearing most of the members bickering among themselves? What would be the effect of hearing them being informative and supportive?
Before adding yet another "but teacher, johnny started it" instead let's think of what we can do to make the world a more comfortable and healthy place for women. Perhaps Nat could now and then add some "what we are doing and where we are going" posts to keep us on-topic.

Disclaimer: This post is not aimed at anyone; it is merely a suggestion for all to consider, including me.
OK, I admit I'm a pretty permissive moderator. One thing I hated about internet forums in the past is that the moderator had a god-complex and thought he was smarter than everyone else. We are all adults here and I'm not going to treat you like kids. And as for getting off topic, I'm afraid I'm one of the worse for that!

michaela
michaela

January 10th, 2005, 1:04 am #4

Yep! Me too. I like it though. I am having a hard time lately with a few others with a god complex who want to control things. What the heck are we supposed to talk about when it is freezing out side and the sweaters are on and the dulldrums hit home? I love your side notes and rabbit trails and silly remarks. I vote we keep you on. I just wrote some interesting stuff blow...

michaela
michaela

January 10th, 2005, 1:05 am #5

not blow! BELOW...... no I'm not drunk, even if it is my birthday!

Nat

January 10th, 2005, 1:18 am #6

Hey! Happy Birthday!

michaela
michaela

January 10th, 2005, 1:21 am #7

Did you bake that for me all by yourself?

peter
peter

January 10th, 2005, 1:31 am #8

Rhetorical question:

Answer:
Very little

My new years resolution is to continue to confront, question and banter with all who come here with insults, derogatory generalizations and personal attacks so that all newbies that come here for support will know that there are At least a few individuals who will stand up and protect as well as support them on all facets of rights and freedoms . The freedoms are all interconnected and where one is ignored the rest will soon also follow.
Individuals that broadly generalize are WRONG and I will be in their faces.

peter
peter

January 10th, 2005, 1:40 am #9

The sad thing is, I never had to assume this role until certian individuals appeared here, and I would quite honestly like to resume the other role utilizing my professional attributes with relation to the psychological and behavioral aspects.

Nat

January 10th, 2005, 1:45 am #10

Did you bake that for me all by yourself?
Well not exactly. My cooking skills are limited to opening cans and heating their contents in the microwave.

Those things that say "add water" really confuse me.