New development in fight to prevent sagging

tgobg
tgobg

August 10th, 2004, 10:17 pm #1

tgobg
tgobg

August 10th, 2004, 10:19 pm #2

Doc: Titanium implants reduce need for bra

Dusseldorf, Germany, Jun. 21 (UPI) -- An Argentinean doctor who offers titanium implants for women seeking larger breasts says his clients never need to wear brassieres after his surgery.

Dr. Ziya Saylan, who works in Dusseldorf, Germany, inserts discs of titanium mesh during a 90-minute operation under local anesthetic, the Sun reported Monday. The surgical procedure costs about $8,500.

The implants are attached to the breast and rib muscles and provide permanent support, he said.

"A woman will never ever have to wear a bra again," Saylan said. "The titanium is so strong it'll never sag."

Critics, however, complain the titanium mesh might hinder breast self-exams or lead to other problems.

"Implants can lead to infection," says physician Carol Cooper. "And why have surgery you don't need?"

tgobg
tgobg

August 10th, 2004, 10:29 pm #3

http://www.comics.com/comics/ripleys/index.html

apparently some doctors are concerned about breast sagging and are using technology to fight it. or would this be considered engineering?

In case this link drops, it was the 10 August 2004 Ripley's comic

August 11th, 2004, 1:58 am #4

In a word, Dr Carol, you've got it!

I said it was the silly season - anyone got $8,500 to spare?

<font color=”551188” face="Helvetica"> Michael </font>
[color=blue" face="Helvetica]”Just Do It!”[/color]

August 11th, 2004, 2:00 am #5

http://www.comics.com/comics/ripleys/index.html

apparently some doctors are concerned about breast sagging and are using technology to fight it. or would this be considered engineering?

In case this link drops, it was the 10 August 2004 Ripley's comic

Slomo
Slomo

August 11th, 2004, 3:07 pm #6

It seems there's no limit to what women will do to get an "attractive" body. I just want to see a natural body carried around with acceptance and good humor. Why is it that so few people want such a thing?

August 11th, 2004, 3:12 pm #7

I sometimes ask women - Would you do this if there were no men in the world?

<font color=”551188” face="Helvetica"> Michael </font>
[color=blue" face="Helvetica]”Just Do It!”[/color]

Living It
Living It

August 11th, 2004, 4:14 pm #8

Speaking for myself, I don't like the fact that my breast not only sag but droops. If I had known that this is the consequence of large breast I would have never wished for them.

As a young lady, we see older woman with large breast but most of the time they are in bra making them appear so special. I did not know that when those ladies took those bras off that their breasts went south. My mother did and still do not have large breast so I did not know that is what happened.

Why fight it; because sagging is a sign of aging for the most part and also that you have gained weight. No one wants to be reminded of those two evils everyday. Perksy breast are a sign of youth and fitness.

Remember this is my opinion.

I am braless now and loving it but I still wish that I did not have large sagging breasts.

Pat
Pat

August 11th, 2004, 11:21 pm #9

With titanium implants, there is a significant risk of infection, even years after the surgery, which can necessitate implant removal and/or weeks of intravenous antibiotics. Ask any elderly friend or relative about this risk and chances are they know about it from their friends. Conditions such as diabetes or other infections can increase the risk.
This whole concept of using major surgery to alter perfectly normal breasts is appalling. Gee, even some 17-year-old women have saggy breasts, so it isn't something only arising from ageing. Maybe sometime in the future people will consider fully-developed breasts to be preferable. I hope I'm still alive to hear of it.

Here's a quote:
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneerep ... ment_2.htm
Infection of a knee replacement is a very serious complication, and may necessitate removal of the implant. Infections sometime occur in the days and weeks following surgery (early infection), or years down the road (late infection). An attempt to surgically clear the infection, and leave the implants in place, is sometimes made, especially in the early infections. However, some infections require removal of the implants, followed by weeks of IV antibiotics. To reduce the risk of this being a problem, once you have a joint replacement you should take antibiotics when invasive procedures (such as dental work or colonoscopies) are performed.

Nat

August 12th, 2004, 1:08 am #10

Actually any implants- even saline, will boost up the breasts and fix sag- at least for a while.

Some women with implants have such rock-firm breasts they don't even jiggle.