Name change in order?

Name change in order?

peter
peter

December 19th, 2004, 2:54 am #1

With the constant bickering and feuding, bashing of conservatives, military, and those belonging to organized religions, and the subordinating of the original reasons for the forum by those caustic topics and posters, maybe a name change is in order.
Michaela suggested the “Modern Communism Forum” or “Communism Today”
I favour calling it the “Whining Bleeding Heart Liberals Commiserating Forum “, or the W.B.H.L.C.F.
With these changes those stumbling onto the forum will have a better picture of the topic base and join in without confusion.

Nat

December 19th, 2004, 3:12 am #2

Peter, can you point out to me one post where anyone has advocated communism here?

When has anyone ever said they want governmental control of everything?

peter
peter

December 19th, 2004, 3:15 am #3

That was Michaela not me!
I was favouring the W.B.H.L.C.F.

Nat

December 19th, 2004, 4:05 am #4

Well then have Michaela answer my question, because I'm the one who is always railing against the government.
I'm basically a libertarian- and want less government. Sure ain't what we are getting these days.
The so-called "Patriot" act our current administration foisted upon us is the most communistic thing I've seen.

And I'll bite- what is W.B.H.L.C.F. ?

Michaela
Michaela

December 19th, 2004, 4:07 am #5

"Whining Bleeding Heart Liberals Commiserating Forum" = W.B.H.L.C.F.

The reason I thought of communism for the new forum name is because of not one particular post, but many, many times when the conversation has gone to politics and the fact that the ONLY accepted thought is liberal. If you think any other way and try to talk that way here it is never considered, and is in fact scoffed completely. And heaven forbid one should bring up anything having to do with faith or religion. One person here is even a professed atheist. That is one of the basic philosophies of communism.

Now I don't expect that I will ever be agreed with whenever I might bring up my political or religious beliefs, but I don't think the conversation is ever very polite and that is why I don't like to get into these subjects. But since they always seem to come up, and usually not entirely because of body freedom issues, I just thought we should call this forum something else, and those were the names that came to my mind.

michaela
michaela

December 19th, 2004, 4:18 am #6

Well then have Michaela answer my question, because I'm the one who is always railing against the government.
I'm basically a libertarian- and want less government. Sure ain't what we are getting these days.
The so-called "Patriot" act our current administration foisted upon us is the most communistic thing I've seen.

And I'll bite- what is W.B.H.L.C.F. ?
Here is the Readers Digest version of my previous answer which YOU lost!
The only accepted thought here is Liberal. And there is no faith or religion.

Nat

December 19th, 2004, 4:42 am #7

First, sorry if I lost your reply.

As for politics, there is no political censorship at BFF (intentionally anyway). Everyone is welcome to express their views from liberal to conservative and everything in between. You have just as much opportunity to do that as anyone here! And I'm sure you can hold your own against anyone here!

michaela
michaela

December 19th, 2004, 4:49 am #8

What I had tried to say before is that I expect that no one will agree with me if I speak about politics from a more conservative viewpoint, it is that my views are poo poo'd so quickly and the conversations are basically a linching. And heaven forbid anyone should bring up faith or religion here. Since only one political view is ever accepted and no religion is even allowed, but all this gets talked about a lot here, I think the communism title kinda fits. Because everyone here pretty much will send me to Siberia if I say I am republican or Orthodox Christian.

Nat

December 19th, 2004, 4:56 am #9

Goodness Michaela, I've certainly never kept you from talking about religion or conservatism or anything here! Now I can't control what others say- but as I said before- you have just as much "posting power" as any of them have and nothing to stop you from speaking your mind and saying what you wish!

Cassie
Cassie

December 19th, 2004, 4:59 am #10

Here is the Readers Digest version of my previous answer which YOU lost!
The only accepted thought here is Liberal. And there is no faith or religion.
"Here is the Readers Digest version of my previous answer which YOU lost!
The only accepted thought here is Liberal. And there is no faith or religion."

Jesus Christ on a stick.

Please allow me to disabuse you of the notion that I'm in any way interested in preventing you from practicing any religion you want just because I'm an eeevil godless atheist. You see, here in this country we have this thing called the First Amendment, and unlike certain people in the government and on certain TV stations, I actually believe in it . And it applies to EVERYONE.

Consider yourself disabused.