Naked swimming

Naked swimming

Jim (M)
Jim (M)

May 18th, 2011, 6:29 pm #1

Nat

May 20th, 2011, 2:52 am #2

A well done video, but he gives a very negative view of something I thoroughly enjoyed.
And the comments by today's young people only echoed this- many saying the coach must have been a pervert and pedophile.
Yes, the once wholesome tradition of skinny-dipping is now considered sexual perversion.
Such is the mindset of today.

Thrilling Discussions: POTPOURRI

Mume
Mume

August 16th, 2011, 2:13 pm #3

Yes... there is something fun and stimulating about swimming in the all-together. It is stimulating. I love the thrill of getting an erection and feeling the water all over that area. It doesn't take too long though, before it's subsides to sheer enjoyment and the erection dissipates and one just enjoys the wonderful feelings of being immodest and relishing in the fun. That's for myself.

It may be, and it can't be controlled, that someone else, an onlooker, or even someone who simply hears about the event, might themselves get stimulated and that their thought race uncontrollably toward perversion. That can't be helped, not by me. But, that might be why there is/was/has been, an impetus to put laws on the books that hinder such fun... it's not the fault of the one having the fun... it's the regression of a society into perversion, possibly spurred by many who would act out such perversion in a hurtful way.

Also, the perversion doesn't have to be perverted... it can simply be for profit or otherwise... being posted on the web to attract viewers or on the internet to discredit or belittle... and on and on in outlandish proportions.

So those of us who might enjoy, can only enjoy in private... hiding in our private moments of joy. Alas, another freedom stolen by others.

-phil

Nat

August 16th, 2011, 4:35 pm #4

Yes, in 1953 when I was seven I learn to swim with a dozen other naked boys at our local YMCA. It was the only way anyone swam there and also at the Y summer camp lake. Nude swimming is so much better that I just never swam any place I had to wear a suit. So when we built our Florida home in 1978 a nice pool for skinny dipping was a prime prerequisite and it was always that way for the whole family.
. . . . .

Thumper
Thumper

August 16th, 2011, 6:25 pm #5

I also grew up in the era of nude swimming at the WMCA, where suits were prohibited. When I took swimming lessons at a public pool, we had to wear suits, and they were the traditional ones of suits, boxer style with a liner.
I haven't been in a pool for many years, so if I did, I would hope to swim nude.

Nat

August 16th, 2011, 9:12 pm #6

I see the same guy has made a second video about nude swimming. This one is more serious and quite informative:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
. . . . .

Anon
Anon

August 24th, 2011, 11:09 pm #7

I also grew up in the era of nude swimming at the WMCA, where suits were prohibited. When I took swimming lessons at a public pool, we had to wear suits, and they were the traditional ones of suits, boxer style with a liner.
I haven't been in a pool for many years, so if I did, I would hope to swim nude.
When I was a boy going to swim lessons at the YMCA (still all male then) in the late 1960's, all the boys wore swimsuits, but it must have been optional, if uncommon, during the adult free swims. There was one older gent who would always be doing laps, nude, as we came in (the corridor into the locker room had windows looking into the pool). All the boys looked and sniggered at "Ol' Barebottoms".

Just a few years later the Y was coed and that was history.

Ted
Ted

August 29th, 2011, 4:57 am #8

I never owned a swim suit until I was in college, and that was to wear at swim meets. Never needed at the places I swam, Y, school, at lake on the family farm. I am now 69 and at the time I grew up in rural Minnesota, men or boys did not wear suits. In fact, I did everything naked at the Y - clothing was not required for anywhere except front lobby and even there there was exceptions.

Tony
Tony

January 29th, 2012, 8:28 am #9

Just caught this thread. I grew up in the 50's and like you did not wear a suit for swimming at the Y, Y camp or in high school swim classes and team practice. Generally if it was all male-no suits. We boys also swam nude and a friend's family cottage where we visited for a week or so in summer. Boys swam nude even if their were guests or neighbors around.

NakedBudd
NakedBudd

January 30th, 2012, 4:40 pm #10

I see the same guy has made a second video about nude swimming. This one is more serious and quite informative:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
. . . . .
This video is great, treats the topic very seriously.

I shared it on my Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/Nbudd ) so that others can learn the truth about the joys (and benefits) of simple unabashed nude swimming.

Confirmation of reply: