My Weekend

My Weekend

Living It
Living It

August 17th, 2004, 2:03 pm #1

This weekend my husband and I went to Atlanta on vacation. I was my brafree self.

As we were enjoying our weekend I told him that I have been brafree for a while and asked him if he had noticed. (Just some history here-I ask him about being brafree and he said that I needed to wear a bra because of the size of my breasts.) He had not even noticed. I showed him the tank tops that I wear and asked him how I looked. He said I looked fine.

I am glad that he finally knows and appreciates my decision to be brafree.

I was also pantyfree all day yesterday and he didn't know it! He has been underwearless for years and I would tease him about it-not that I mined but that his pants have a habit of falling or sliding down at times . But this is another forum.

Now I am totally FREE! HE KNOWS! .

August 17th, 2004, 4:11 pm #2

Great story.

Could you share with the group what sort of tank tops you favour, and that are such good camouflage for those who need it or would like it?

<font color=”551188” face="Helvetica"> Michael </font>
[color=blue" face="Helvetica]”Just Do It!”[/color]

Kelli
Kelli

August 17th, 2004, 4:18 pm #3

This weekend my husband and I went to Atlanta on vacation. I was my brafree self.

As we were enjoying our weekend I told him that I have been brafree for a while and asked him if he had noticed. (Just some history here-I ask him about being brafree and he said that I needed to wear a bra because of the size of my breasts.) He had not even noticed. I showed him the tank tops that I wear and asked him how I looked. He said I looked fine.

I was also pantyfree all day yesterday and he didn't know it! He has been underwearless for years and I would tease him about it-not that I mined but that his pants have a habit of falling or sliding down at times . But this is another forum.

Living it, what size are you that your husband thinks you need to wear a bra. Also, I have several tanks that have built in bralettes, or an extra piece of fabric that somewhat serves as a bra for a little extra support, or for modesty.

August 17th, 2004, 6:19 pm #4

Thanks Kelli,

And come to think of it - where did this idea that ladies of a certain size 'need to wear a bra'?

Larger ladies can take comfort in a website called Buxom Dreams.
http://www.buxomdream.com/index.html

Nancy is JJ plus, and tells me she is proud of it!

Living It
Living It

August 17th, 2004, 8:03 pm #5

Great story.

Could you share with the group what sort of tank tops you favour, and that are such good camouflage for those who need it or would like it?

I wear tank tops with a self or shelf bra attached. It is not much if any support to my breasts but they do look neater than they do without the top on.

I was lucky to find them in the jessica london catalog for $7 each and I bought 9 in different colors.

I wear them as a camisole because there isn't really any support. I did not want support any more since I have been visiting this forum.

My story is that I never wanted to wear bras. But the size and shape of my breasts always dictated that I needed one. I am so glad for this forum giving the information I needed to take off the heavy duty support bra the industry says I needed and enjoy the freedom to let them "droop" like nature intended.

Someome might say that I am still wearing a bra. I say no, not at all! This is just a garment giving my breasts freedom as well as giving me the look I desire.

Living It
Living It

August 17th, 2004, 8:06 pm #6

Living it, what size are you that your husband thinks you need to wear a bra. Also, I have several tanks that have built in bralettes, or an extra piece of fabric that somewhat serves as a bra for a little extra support, or for modesty.
!

I am a 46DDD/F.

Thank you for giving the word that I was looking for-modesty.

I don't like to have my breast on display when I am in some social settings and this tops give me that modesty.

August 17th, 2004, 8:40 pm #7

Thank you!

That is just so very positive. To respond to some of these points, I could not quite match $7, but these are $9.99 and come in 12 colours. However buy more than one at the price comes down to $5.99!.
http://www.jessicalondon.com/jessicalon ... ch_token=1

I have noticed that whenever items of intimate apparel get mentioned around here, somebody asks 'what is that?' (eg Tanga). Which is why I like to use illustrations, which some people hate apparently.

So for those people, Jessica London actually has a guide - which you could print out and stick above your computer.
http://www.jessicalondon.com/jessicalon ... Popup.html?

So here it is:
Tank - A top similar to an undershirt with narrow straps, a U neck and deep armholes.

No, of course you are not wearing a bra! This Forum is about freedom, and I think you put it very well indeed

"This is just a garment giving my breasts freedom as well as giving me the look I desire"

And no, they don't droop, they just sit pretty. 46DD - you are petite on the scale of things!

And naturally, in the same spirit, there is nothing wrong with modesty, if that is what you desire. This is all about choice.

Kelli, where do you get your tanks, do you recall?

Living it
Living it

August 17th, 2004, 9:03 pm #8

Thanks Kelli,

And come to think of it - where did this idea that ladies of a certain size 'need to wear a bra'?

Larger ladies can take comfort in a website called Buxom Dreams.
http://www.buxomdream.com/index.html

Nancy is JJ plus, and tells me she is proud of it!

Thank you for the info.

This lady makes me feel good and bad.
Good because she is not hiding her large breasts.
Bad because I wish mine would sit up like hers.

August 17th, 2004, 9:14 pm #9

I believe that that is the wet T shirt effect doing that.

I guess we are back to whether breasts should 'sit up' or not. I am working on a history of the bra, the idea of 'sitting up' was introduced by Hollywood in the 1950s with the sweater girls. It has been variously in and out since then.

We need a positive low breast image!

Nat

August 17th, 2004, 11:27 pm #10

Also the position of the nipples makes a big difference in how 'saggy' breasts "look". The position of the nipple can vary anywhere from 60º ("2 o'clock'") in young spherical breasts to 145º ("5 o'clock") in older conical breasts.

Spherical breasts tend to have forward or even upward-looking nipples when young. As they age, the nipples drop, but not so much, and tent to remain at 90-120º while the breast sag behind them as in this photo.

Conical breasts tends to have nipples that are lower to begin with and they drop to about 140º where they are essentially looking down at the floor. So you can have a spherical and conical breasts with the same amount of 'sag' but the spherical breasts will "look" higher because of the nipples.