My Graduate

My Graduate

Bob
Bob

June 15th, 2009, 12:55 am #1

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing about my sons, but if I am nothing else, I am a Dad. Yesterday, my younger son, Joseph, graduated with his baccalaureate degree in double major Modern Languages/French. As you know, he was one of 12 students selected into the Master degree program in French at Bowling Green State University. He received a grant that pays in full his tuition and books the next two years, plus a stipend that pays his living expenses. In August, he travels to France for his first year of study, followed by a year at Bowling Green. Below are some pictures that I want to share with you:

Joseph, graduation morning, standing in front of the world map in his bedroom where he marks the various countries he has visited.

The entire graduating class numbered approximate 2,200, with about 1,400 marching.

The Graduate:

Joseph, his older brother Rob, and their mother, Karen:

Joseph and my mother:

Nat

June 15th, 2009, 2:55 am #2

Congratulations Bob- you have every right to be a proud dad- you have a fine son there with a great future ahead.

etal
etal

June 19th, 2009, 8:16 pm #3

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing about my sons, but if I am nothing else, I am a Dad. Yesterday, my younger son, Joseph, graduated with his baccalaureate degree in double major Modern Languages/French. As you know, he was one of 12 students selected into the Master degree program in French at Bowling Green State University. He received a grant that pays in full his tuition and books the next two years, plus a stipend that pays his living expenses. In August, he travels to France for his first year of study, followed by a year at Bowling Green. Below are some pictures that I want to share with you:

Joseph, graduation morning, standing in front of the world map in his bedroom where he marks the various countries he has visited.

The entire graduating class numbered approximate 2,200, with about 1,400 marching.

The Graduate:

Joseph and my mother:

if i remember correctly, joseph spent a year at a school in france and got more than just the academic education!

Bob
Bob

June 21st, 2009, 11:51 am #4

back in 2007. He traveled as much as he could (Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Rome, southeastern Spain). Yes, I would say that was an education beyond anything he could have gotten in a classroom. (Any other "education", I don't want to know about!)

Marseil
Marseil

June 24th, 2009, 6:36 am #5

The Graduate:

Joseph and my mother:

Hi Bob!

Sorry I did not answer this earlier.

Of course, I do congratulate the graduate, and wish him all the best in his future experiences, especially in so different and threatening Europe.....
And I do congratulate the proud parents too, especially the father!

Marseil.

Bob
Bob

June 25th, 2009, 12:30 pm #6

We are all much less concerned this time, as he was there before and we feel more assurance that the French can be hospitalable to an American (maybe it helps that he looks a bit like the stereotypical Frenchman? Unlike myself, who looks "kraut"!)