More Silly Season Stories

More Silly Season Stories

August 5th, 2004, 2:02 pm #1

2004-07-26
New Bra Jogging Interest With Small-Breasted Runners
CLEARWATER, Fla. (Wireless Flash) -- Ladies, here's news that will give you a runner's high: A bra designer in Florida has created a new bra that supposedly enlarges breasts while you jog.

The company Personal Beauty Unlimited has created a bust-enhancing bra that they claim increases most women's chest one cup size in 30 days of wearing it.

It works by retraining the midriff and underarm flesh that most women don't realize is their bust says spokeswoman Donna Lisa.

She says the 28 different sewing design points and the material "support the breasts like a suspension bridge," without the use of an underwire.

Women can wear it while they jog because the design prevents the midriff muscles from being strained while doing physical activity. Lisa says with normal bras, the muscles are torn over the years which leads to the dreaded Cooper's Droop.

The bra has to be custom fit says Lisa, and it's not cheap. One boob-building bra costs $100, but she claims they last for years.

Women or vendors interested in the bra are encouraged to call 800-221-6793 to find it in their area.
And I have a bridge for $100 - note the old Cooper's Droop myth

Nat

August 5th, 2004, 3:44 pm #2

You know, there was a time when one could not make claims in advertising that could not be substantiated by bona-fide scientific evidence. Somehow this FTC requirement got abolished and today the airways of full of a plethora of magic pills, herbs and gadgets claiming to melt away winkles, cure balding, improve your memory, make you thinner, improve your love life, and so on and on. All this is a 21st century version of the snake-oil salesmen I though we had progressed beyond long ago. But lately it seems that society has digressed in so many ways.

michaela
michaela

August 5th, 2004, 6:59 pm #3

2004-07-26
CLEARWATER, Fla. (Wireless Flash) -- Ladies, here's news that will give you a runner's high: A bra designer in Florida has created a new bra that supposedly enlarges breasts while you jog.

The company Personal Beauty Unlimited has created a bust-enhancing bra that they claim increases most women's chest one cup size in 30 days of wearing it.

It works by retraining the midriff and underarm flesh that most women don't realize is their bust says spokeswoman Donna Lisa.

She says the 28 different sewing design points and the material "support the breasts like a suspension bridge," without the use of an underwire.

Women can wear it while they jog because the design prevents the midriff muscles from being strained while doing physical activity. Lisa says with normal bras, the muscles are torn over the years which leads to the dreaded Cooper's Droop.

The bra has to be custom fit says Lisa, and it's not cheap. One boob-building bra costs $100, but she claims they last for years.

Women or vendors interested in the bra are encouraged to call 800-221-6793 to find it in their area.
okay, I need help again...yesterday it was the tanga thing. Today i want to know what the dreaded coopers droop is.

August 5th, 2004, 7:12 pm #4

Note that the breast does not have any muscles (except for tiny ones in the nipples), so no amount of exercise will change their appearance. The breast is supported by semi-elastic bands of tissue called Cooper's ligaments. These ligaments (along with the skin) stretch over time when the gravity pulls the breast down, and that is why the breast will start drooping or sagging.

The Myth of Cooper's Droop (failed pencil test) is that somehow or other you are being punished for having breasts that lie on the chest wall when you are erect, ie natural normal breasts. It is not as the advertisement implies that you failed to look after yourself by not wearing a bra, you just matured normally and healthfully.

You can't prevent it, or pretend that you are 16 for ever. Some people were never 'perky'.

August 5th, 2004, 7:17 pm #5

okay, I need help again...yesterday it was the tanga thing. Today i want to know what the dreaded coopers droop is.

This diagram is actually incorrectly labelled, the Cooper's Ligaments are the pale spokes separating the yellowish lobules, and segmenting the breast like a grapefruit.

Nat

August 5th, 2004, 7:35 pm #6

Note that the breast does not have any muscles (except for tiny ones in the nipples), so no amount of exercise will change their appearance. The breast is supported by semi-elastic bands of tissue called Cooper's ligaments. These ligaments (along with the skin) stretch over time when the gravity pulls the breast down, and that is why the breast will start drooping or sagging.

The Myth of Cooper's Droop (failed pencil test) is that somehow or other you are being punished for having breasts that lie on the chest wall when you are erect, ie natural normal breasts. It is not as the advertisement implies that you failed to look after yourself by not wearing a bra, you just matured normally and healthfully.

You can't prevent it, or pretend that you are 16 for ever. Some people were never 'perky'.
Lost of adipose tissue is also a major factor in sagging because it reduces the amount of tissue inside to fill out the volume of breast envelope- so like a balloon that has lost some of it's air- they droop.

I think this is actually a bigger factor in sagging than ligament stretch, and is very common after pregnancy and especially nursing.

August 5th, 2004, 8:26 pm #7

However the most important factor is that it is a natural healthy process of maturation and all this talk of sagging and drooping needs to be got rid off.

People may well laugh at us in the next century, insisting that breasts be made to stick out in front in a ridiculous manner.

Nat

August 5th, 2004, 8:44 pm #8

No argument here. I think it's sick how 'youth obsessed' our society is now.
Normal aging- winkles, balding, sagging breasts, etc are treated like diseases that must be cured.
Cosmetic surgeons are making a fortune from people afraid to look their age.

Pat
Pat

August 6th, 2004, 5:23 am #9

"The breast is supported by semi-elastic bands of tissue called Cooper's ligaments. These ligaments (along with the skin) stretch over time when the gravity pulls the breast down, and that is why the breast will start drooping or sagging."

Michael, I repsectively ask what evidence you might have that Cooper's ligaments and skin stretch over time in response to gravity, rather than just getting thinner with ageing. I have never heard of any scientific evidence that breast ligaments stretch over time because of gravity. Some proof exists that breast ligaments get thinner and weaker with ageing, but I have not seen any research to support the hypothesis that they stretch simply because of the the pull of gravity. Actually, there is evidence that ligaments require movement and gravity in order to maintain their strength. This not-so-subtle point can be important. Many people have been convinced that unsupported breasts will sag prematurely. If there is any evidence for sagging caused by gravity, in the absence of ageing, please let me know. From what I've read, it is simply a matter of skin and ligaments getting thinner and losing their elasticity with age, and that bras do not prevent sagging. Even with years of zero-G in space, breasts would lose their ligament and skin tautness, and then sag when subjected to gravity; it would probably be even more so than with constant gravity exposure. There is plenty of research showing that movement and weight bearing increase ligament strength. Breasts do not have muscles, only ligaments. The same could be said for a penis, and a man's penis does not sag down to his knees with age. If they did, men would quit wearing underwear in a heartbeat. Yes, breasts sag with age, but it is not likely due to the effects of gravity per se, but rather just the fact of ageing causing a decrease in the percent of connective tissue in the breast, gravity or no gravity, and bras or no bras.
Do you agree?

Johny_59
Johny_59

August 6th, 2004, 6:36 am #10

2004-07-26

RE:""Note that the breast does not have any muscles (except for tiny ones in the nipples)""

Nooo!! Yet I am a man so I have a tiny breasts but I easily may stretch the muscles in the front of armpit and my breasts are doublesizing becoming notifyable and hard-surfaced. Perhaps for the case of woman them are not just doublfolding in the size, yet I have read it much in the special literature its very important to excercise those muscles for woman, and because my previous wife had a problems there in breasts, she excercised successfully every morning some 5 minutes. It means that nuscles there surely are!