Mona raised a question in my mind.

Mona raised a question in my mind.

December 7th, 2003, 1:51 am #1

Mona commented in the getting to know you string about getting too old to be topless in public. My question is When are you too old to be topless in public? Does anyone have an opinion on that? I mean do we as proponents of breast freedom think there is an expiration date on our naked bodies?

Mike
Mike

December 7th, 2003, 2:12 am #2

Why should there be a specific age for people to be topfree? I mean nudist people are nude all the time and some of them are really old people and some have more wounds *from wars and such, because they are old miltary retirees* than I could count and they still go nude even though people in our world would find them questionable and even disgusting, so if they can do it then youd think that some old lady sure could walk down the street without her top on. I mean it just seems logical that if you try to ban old lady's from being topfree, especially if you do it on the basis of their looks, then youre just asking for trouble, because people would say then why should anyone else be able to be topfree because some of them are ugly too? I just think the best thing to do is to accept them being topfree no matter how ugly they are, if you dont wanna see them THEN DONT LOOK THEIR WAY, turn around and haul ass the other way then, but I dont think anyone has the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot wear, no matter how they look. If youve gotta problem with their looks, then thats your problem, you deal with it on your own time and they shouldnt get hassled for you issues, it isnt their fault that youre immature or lacking common sense. Thats basically what I say.

Anudist
Anudist

December 7th, 2003, 2:31 am #3

Mona commented in the getting to know you string about getting too old to be topless in public. My question is When are you too old to be topless in public? Does anyone have an opinion on that? I mean do we as proponents of breast freedom think there is an expiration date on our naked bodies?
You are NEVER too old to be topfree! Why should age stop you.

Speaking of which, who's Mother in Law just "rewarded" her daughter in law for being bra free!

See you are never too old.

In fact, there is a very famous nudist who is rather old. Everyone at the beach treats her as if she was their own grandmother!

You are NEVER too old!

Mona
Mona

December 7th, 2003, 3:19 am #4

I appreciate the encouragement. I still feel very comfortable on the beach, whether sunning, walking, or playing in the water. I like Playa because there have always been lots of topless European women there. In the past few years, I have noticed that there are fewer (maybe only 5%) topless women and they are most often in one of two groups. Young and perfect or old. Although the young (under 35)topless women are few, they have perfect, skinny bodies, with perky little breasts. I don't think that we saw a large breasted (except for silicone)young topless women on the beach last year. Interestingly, usually the topless women in their late 40s, 50s or 60s come in all kinds of shapes, with many being large breasted. Also, we have noticed that the young ones hardly ever walk or swim topless and most of the older topless women don't even have a top with them. I don't even have a swim top anymore. I wear a coverup to the beach and after I take it off, I am topless for the day.

One last short story. Last year, a 50ish German women who stayed in our hotel, who like to snorkel, would always come out of the beach hotel with her snorkel gear and no top. I never saw her cover her breasts any time during our stay. I admired her because she was so comfortable being topless.

John Bayko
John Bayko

December 8th, 2003, 2:39 am #5

"When are you too old to be topless in public?"

As always, I'd say it's a matter of being comfortable. I suppose I could say something about women's body image, but it's probably all been said before.

Although I could say one thing - it's one thing to be worried about what other people think, but most of the time people are really worried about what they think other people think. When you get to that point, you're only fighting yourself.

david
david

December 8th, 2003, 4:37 pm #6

That is so true, so easy to say yet so, so difficult to overcome - applies to us all everyday. Well said.
D

Mike
Mike

December 9th, 2003, 3:14 am #7

"When are you too old to be topless in public?"

As always, I'd say it's a matter of being comfortable. I suppose I could say something about women's body image, but it's probably all been said before.

Although I could say one thing - it's one thing to be worried about what other people think, but most of the time people are really worried about what they think other people think. When you get to that point, you're only fighting yourself.
People worry about what others think too much these days. Its one thing to care about someone's feelings and sometimes respect them but the way people are rude and just downright hateful these days about people just because they are exercising their rights, it gets me to the point where I just dont care anymore what they think. I just figure as long as what youre doing isnt illegal then I dont give a rip what anyone thinks about it, hell, if it was legal id walk bare naked down the street and not think anything of it, if someone got pissed off, it wouldnt be my problem. If people cant accept others for who and what they really are then those are the kind of people that areint worth wasting time over.

December 9th, 2003, 10:29 am #8

I don't think it makes sense that one's right to do something only lasts until a certain age. Does it make sense to you?

Mike
Mike

December 10th, 2003, 12:15 am #9

No, I dont think someone's rights should change at a certain age. Thats why I have a problem with people who say anyone under 17 who sees a nude person or is nude themselves has something sexual going on but like once they turn 18 then its ok. Or like if someone says some old fat lady or guy is ugly and cant be topfree but yet lets some even uglier 30 year old guy with alot of hair go around topfree just because he is younger but they try to say that its because of the old person's appearance but if that was true then both of them should have a top on or neither of them should because they should BOTH be ugly in that context, I mean their logic just doesnt work.