Lunch time (continued)

Lunch time (continued)

June 23rd, 2004, 8:34 pm #1

allison
allison

June 24th, 2004, 1:54 am #2

Beautiful! I've nursed both my daughters for at least a year (I'm still nursing my 15 month old). I do not understand how someone could have a baby grow inside you for 9 months, then hold it in your arms and stick a plastic bottle in their mouth! I know and understand that some women can't breastfeed but a lot of women don't even try...and they will NEVER come up with a formula that is equivalent to breastmilk. Enough said-this is a forum on being brafree not on breastfeeding. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent.

June 24th, 2004, 2:07 am #3

Dear Allison,

people have discussed almost anything here, including their cars! However I think any topics related to breast health are valid.

Women get thrown out of shopping malls and parks for breast feeding, on the grounds that breasts are obscene, and breast feeding has important implications for breast health.

Of course you are correct, and the points you make were also made by those who first saw this photograph in the British Medical Journal!

PS Did you see my belated response to your concerns about exercising without a bra?

Michael

allison
allison

June 24th, 2004, 2:33 am #4

Thanks for the response. I scrolled down and saw your other response to exercising braless. My question is this-If you are going braless throughout the day aren't your breasts getting enough movement? It seems like -unless you just want to exercise braless-that this would really just be necessary for those who wear bras throughout the day.

Neat pictures Michael. I did not know that about the Romanian gymnasts.

June 24th, 2004, 2:44 am #5

Allison,

do I understand you correctly? - I think you are saying that if it is movement that you are trying to give to your breasts, then a bra-free day is sufficient, and you do not need to exercise bra-free?

If, so, you are probably right. I thought originally that the question was whether one needed a bra to exercise, to which the answer is no. OK!

Michael

Pat
Pat

June 24th, 2004, 3:27 pm #6

Soma Grismaijer, co-author of Dressed to Kill, said that bra-free exercising was an integral part of her recovery from breast lumps. Even some women who are bra-free all day have commented that brafree exercise and self breast massage have helped monthly breast tenderness. The amount of movement necessary for optimum circulation may vary from woman to woman. Thus, as many have said, including Singer and Grismaijer, the best judge of what helps is the individual woman herself, judging what causes her own discomfort and what helps.

michaela
michaela

June 24th, 2004, 6:53 pm #7

Beautiful! I've nursed both my daughters for at least a year (I'm still nursing my 15 month old). I do not understand how someone could have a baby grow inside you for 9 months, then hold it in your arms and stick a plastic bottle in their mouth! I know and understand that some women can't breastfeed but a lot of women don't even try...and they will NEVER come up with a formula that is equivalent to breastmilk. Enough said-this is a forum on being brafree not on breastfeeding. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent.
This forum is totally about breast feeding...and bra fredom and anything having to do with woman being free to be themselves where breasts and breast health is concerned. I may be repeating some of what Michael said, sorry, but one of the biggest oppressions women are experiencing today is not being able to breast feed their babies where ever they want. Women being told to do that in the bathroom is a huge insult, and must be corrected. It is so important an issue that it makes our desire for top freedom actually seem trivial by comparison. Talk about your cars dead battery, and we might get bored, but talk about breast feeding issues, and we are with you 100%, allison!!!

allison
allison

June 25th, 2004, 2:19 am #8

Thanks for the platform to share my views. There does seem to be a trend toward breastfeeding these days and professionals and others are encouraging women to breastfeed longer. I have been told that I can be overbearing when I talk with pregnant women-trying to motivate them to breastfeed. I often have to tell myself to shut up. It's really the best thing for the baby-nothing compares. God made it that way. Hopefully, now that I know the advantages of going brafree, I will not become overbearing with it also. Hey, I love people and if I have some knowledge that I feel that they can benefit from I feel that it is my duty to share.

Living It
Living It

June 25th, 2004, 3:26 am #9

Thanks for the response. I scrolled down and saw your other response to exercising braless. My question is this-If you are going braless throughout the day aren't your breasts getting enough movement? It seems like -unless you just want to exercise braless-that this would really just be necessary for those who wear bras throughout the day.

Neat pictures Michael. I did not know that about the Romanian gymnasts.
Is there more excerises that I need to do for my breast other than just being brafree?

My breast do not move when I am brafree. My breast just lay there even when I walk. My breast are very large and they point to the floor. They don't sway or jiggle when I walk. I have to almost run before they move.

Should I move faster to cause them to move or what should I do?

I am brafree for my health and need to do whatever I can to keep them healthy. I have notice a change in the way they feel now that I have been practically brafree for about a month.

I know that this freedom has change the health of my breast but what else do I do?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

June 25th, 2004, 12:26 pm #10

Thanks for the platform to share my views. There does seem to be a trend toward breastfeeding these days and professionals and others are encouraging women to breastfeed longer. I have been told that I can be overbearing when I talk with pregnant women-trying to motivate them to breastfeed. I often have to tell myself to shut up. It's really the best thing for the baby-nothing compares. God made it that way. Hopefully, now that I know the advantages of going brafree, I will not become overbearing with it also. Hey, I love people and if I have some knowledge that I feel that they can benefit from I feel that it is my duty to share.
Allison,

I think that is great that you feel tht way. Most breast health sites include breast feeding, such as 007, often quoted here:

http://www.007b.com

" Breasts are forbidden, yet everybody in US seems to be obsessed by them. Did they not get breastfed as babies or why does this culture have this 'hangup' on breasts to such an extreme?"

Then there are those who feel that women have been forced into a militant role:

http://www.militantbreastfeedingcult.com/index_a.html

or breastfeeding.com:

http://www.breastfeeding.com

good sources for images.

Michael