Ladies

Ladies

Eiffel
Eiffel

June 16th, 2004, 2:46 am #1

Especially Michaela and Mona! I tried on a lovely top at Stein-Mart tonight that was sheer black with some embroidered outlines of 60's style daisies. It was too revealing for a novice like me but was a dressy, sexy sleeveless top. If you are interested, it was on sale and in the Boutique department. Someone should have it!

June 16th, 2004, 12:29 pm #2

Dear Eiffel,

Difficult for us non-ladies to assess this since Stein Mart does not have an on-line catalogue (Take your camera next time!).

Michaela - I see there are 3 branches in Austin, Mona I am not sure exactly where you live.

I guess somebody else needs to check it out and report back.

Michael

June 16th, 2004, 12:43 pm #3

Especially Michaela and Mona! I tried on a lovely top at Stein-Mart tonight that was sheer black with some embroidered outlines of 60's style daisies. It was too revealing for a novice like me but was a dressy, sexy sleeveless top. If you are interested, it was on sale and in the Boutique department. Someone should have it!
One thing we are never sure about are actual statistics as to people's behaviour. Attitudes would be interesting to. For instance while it would be useful to know that, say 15% of women are bra-free most of the time, it is also helpful to know how many would like to be, and especially how many would tolerate it in the workplace.

I posted some Spanish data from S America last month. In case you do not scan the companion forum on underwear here are some UK statistics from a jeans manufacturer. I suppose being pant-free is one answer to the dilemma of low-rise which reveals the underwear.

It is good to know that clothing manufacturers are aware of the movement away from foundation garments and responding to it.

http://www.leecooper.com/webmag/commando.htm

Going Commando is Good For Your Health !

43% of British men and women have gone commando at least once in the last six months.
11% of Britain's go commando at least once a week and of these 87% were women.
Lee Cooper launch Jog-in-Jeans™, a jean designed for the new 'underbarers' who opt for the commando lifestyle.

Benefits of Jog-in-Jeans™:
Comfort
Breathable Denim
Hygienic
Endorsed by the Director of the Bristish Skin Foundation saying : 'Breathable skin is healthy skin'.

Jog-in-Jeans™ allows you to enjoy the benfits of going commando whilst ensuring your underbarer status is kept between you and your jeans.

June 17th, 2004, 11:43 am #4

Further to the suggestion that clothing manufacturers are catching on, here is the boldest statement I have seen yet!

(http://www.cafeshops.com/thumpatees3.643124)
Michael

michaela
michaela

June 17th, 2004, 2:31 pm #5

That is a great little yellow smiley face rasberry giving guy! Funny.
Today I extended myself a bit further on the question I once got here which was, do I wear a bra when I run?
I usually wear a sport type top that is sort of bra like when I run, in particular, an Everlast top. today I put on an active wear top that used to have a shelf bra in it, but I removed the bra part because the elastic band was too tight and uncomfortable. So it is just the cotton/lycra shell that is left. Form fitting, but not a lot of support. I ran! At first I thought ouch! I was noticing a bit of discomfort with the bouncing. But after just a short distance into the run, the pain was gone. Yay!

June 17th, 2004, 2:45 pm #6

Sounds like it is time to write to Nordstrom's again - if everyone is tearing out the built in bras, then we could save money and the environment by being offered the choice of with or without a bra - or just the shell as Michaela puts it.

Good for you Michaela

Michael

Nat

June 17th, 2004, 3:54 pm #7

That is a great little yellow smiley face rasberry giving guy! Funny.
Today I extended myself a bit further on the question I once got here which was, do I wear a bra when I run?
I usually wear a sport type top that is sort of bra like when I run, in particular, an Everlast top. today I put on an active wear top that used to have a shelf bra in it, but I removed the bra part because the elastic band was too tight and uncomfortable. So it is just the cotton/lycra shell that is left. Form fitting, but not a lot of support. I ran! At first I thought ouch! I was noticing a bit of discomfort with the bouncing. But after just a short distance into the run, the pain was gone. Yay!
This is the most common reason- er excuse- that I hear these days from women who refuse to go brafree- "it not comfortable- my breasts hurt without support". I know this makes no sense because I saw countless women doing sports and exercise back in the '70s when I hung around nudist resorts, and they were doing just fine.

So does it figure that now a generation later, women's breasts are now too whimpy to handle a bit of bouncing? Obviously, breast physiology has not changed in the past 30 years, so it must be something else- like just simply a matter of conditioning and accepting the feel of moving breasts as normal and natural!

By the way, I hear exactly this same excuse from newbie guys at the Freeballers forum. "I need support" to which I say "Bullsh*t". (Well, actually, I generally try to be a bit more diplomatic and explain why they don't.)

michaela
michaela

June 17th, 2004, 4:35 pm #8

Uh huh, Nat! Yeah, we all know what a hot head you are
Really, I do agree. It is funny what we are afraid to try because of what we think is going to happen, and once we go out on that limb, we find out that things are better for it.

Nat

June 17th, 2004, 5:09 pm #9

Sometime my "first editions" can be pretty rough Michaela but by the third edit they have mellowed out quite a bit!

But I do get frustrated when I hear today's women fixed on this notion that breasts are fragile fixtures that must never be allowed to move or support themselves as nature intended.

How do they think women survived for thousands of years before bras were invented? And originally bras were invented to support old pendulous breasts- not to immobilized young firm ones so they never moved.

And as I said men are just as bad about another part of the anatomy. They spend extra money for 'natural foods' but then bind up their bodies in quite unnatural ways.

June 17th, 2004, 6:56 pm #10

I think that some women who find reasons to bra are simply lacking self-confidence, at least with regards to body image. I think that the reasons for wearing are simply convenient excuses in some cases. People just do not want attention of any kind drawn to them, and furthering their fear is the mass media which dictates what breasts "should" look like.

Frankly I have never met a woman who loves wearing bras. Some are indifferent about wearing them, some like the look but not the discomfort, and most of the women in my social circle hate wearing their bras, and have stated such on occasion.

Has anyone here actually known a women who DOESN'T remove her bra first thing she gets home from work/errands ? I doubt it (except my youngest....who bras 24/7)