Joseph's Home!

Joseph's Home!

Bob
Bob

June 8th, 2010, 4:43 pm #1

My son, Joseph, returned home last night after 10 months studying in France. It was so good to see him. His mother, as always, cried and hugged him like she never would let go. (He told the rest of us, "Stand around me and protect me from Mom. Last time she almost cracked my ribs!" lol). Both grandmothers were there to welcome him home, as was his best friend here. He will be staying with us about 5-6 weeks before leaving to start the second year of his Masters program in another city. At least this time he will be just 2-3 hours away instead of thousands of miles away. It is great to have him home, even for this short time. He has, as expected, mixed feelings now -- wanting to see his family and friends here, and enjoying some American foods (Taco Bell!) that he missed while in France, but also felt sad to leave France and his friends there behind. (I told him that he will return to France and other places in Europe -- I know he will in the not-too-distant future, as he has that traveling bug like Marseil does.) He requested that I take him to a Major League baseball game before he leaves, and I am happy to oblige.

Nat

June 8th, 2010, 7:41 pm #2

Well that's great Bob. Glad Joseph is home say and sound. My son has lived in Texas the past eight years so I haven't seen him in a while although we do keep in tough by computer and phone. But my two daughters live nearby and take good care of me so I'm not neglected.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 21st, 2010, 6:31 am #3

My son, Joseph, returned home last night after 10 months studying in France. It was so good to see him. His mother, as always, cried and hugged him like she never would let go. (He told the rest of us, "Stand around me and protect me from Mom. Last time she almost cracked my ribs!" lol). Both grandmothers were there to welcome him home, as was his best friend here. He will be staying with us about 5-6 weeks before leaving to start the second year of his Masters program in another city. At least this time he will be just 2-3 hours away instead of thousands of miles away. It is great to have him home, even for this short time. He has, as expected, mixed feelings now -- wanting to see his family and friends here, and enjoying some American foods (Taco Bell!) that he missed while in France, but also felt sad to leave France and his friends there behind. (I told him that he will return to France and other places in Europe -- I know he will in the not-too-distant future, as he has that traveling bug like Marseil does.) He requested that I take him to a Major League baseball game before he leaves, and I am happy to oblige.
I'm very happy to know your son is home, and both him and you are happy to be together, even for a short period of time.

I'm happy too to know he enjoyed his stay here.... And has made friends here. Of course, I can understand the travel bug, and I'm sure he ill return to Europe. Why no taking his father along next time?

Marseil.

Marseil
Marseil

June 21st, 2010, 2:11 pm #4

... was me!

Marseil.

Bob
Bob

June 21st, 2010, 7:32 pm #5

I'm very happy to know your son is home, and both him and you are happy to be together, even for a short period of time.

I'm happy too to know he enjoyed his stay here.... And has made friends here. Of course, I can understand the travel bug, and I'm sure he ill return to Europe. Why no taking his father along next time?

Marseil.
The plan was that I and my mother were going to visit Joseph and let him be our tour guide through Paris and wherever else we had time and money to see. Unfortunately, Joseph's estimates of when his school work would end was not very accurate --- he had a class and final exam to finish up until about 1 week before he would fly home, so we decided to wait on visiting him. Joseph -- always thinking -- offered a proposal: When he graduates next summer, it would be a nice graduation gift if I flew us all over to France and he would be happy to be our tour guide then. Hey, what a guy, Joseph, to put yourself out like that!

Marseil
Marseil

June 23rd, 2010, 7:48 am #6

Bob,

You can be proud of your son, thinking of taking his family around in Paris and elsewhere.

Of course, you all are very welcome on this side of the pond. Keep me in the loop, and I'll be happy to give you some advice about where to go and what to do. As a local, I will certainly have advice and pinion of things here a bit different from your son, who,even if he's been living here, has a visitor point of view. Of course, tell me if I can help. And if you wanna come to Marseille, it's just 3 hours by train (500 miles), I'll be happy to meet you all.

Marseil.