Jimmy Carter, Lust, et al

Jimmy Carter, Lust, et al

Anudist
Anudist

October 6th, 2002, 1:50 pm #1

Ex president Jimmy Carter, probally to his own demise, admitted to being "human" and a "man". He was quoted as saying "... that he had "LUSTED" after several women while being married to Rosalyn ..."

Does this mean that He will go to hell? Is he a sinner?

I think that the answer to both of those questions are NO and NO.

Although I fault his politics and other things, I cannot fault the man for being a human being.

As Human Beings we all "lust" after something or someone at various times of the day. Scientists tell us that we think about sex every 8 seconds. Does that make us sinners?

Geesh, I guess that I am destined for hell then because as a human I have "sinned" according to those rules. HOWEVER, I feel as if I have only really sinned when I break an commandment and yes, I have sinned in the past and will in the future: I have at times taken the lord's name in vain and I have coveted another man's wife, one time, without my knowledge (she didn't tell me she was married). HOWEVER, I haven't killed or stolen anything except some flys with a fly swatter and maybe a grape or two off a bunch at the grocery store while shopping.

Am I therefore doomed???

I think NOT.

Likewise, I do not feel as if I am a sinner and/or should be chastised for being human and "lusting" after a woman who is fully clothed, partially dressed or totally nude. As long as my actions cause NO HARM to anyone else, why should I be denounced???

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2002, 5:48 pm #2

1st off. ...Everyone is a sinner.
For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God...Romans 3:23
Also,in the Bible( I'm not certain of exact verse) it talkes about not being the cause of someone elses sin. But then this is off the point that was being made. The point was the poster didnt want to cause someone to lust after her.

just a footnote here: Being a sinner does not necessarily exclude a person from heaven. But you must ask and pray for forgiveness for that sin and do not repeat the sin.
< my 2cents

MM
MM

October 6th, 2002, 10:01 pm #3

Ex president Jimmy Carter, probally to his own demise, admitted to being "human" and a "man". He was quoted as saying "... that he had "LUSTED" after several women while being married to Rosalyn ..."

Does this mean that He will go to hell? Is he a sinner?

I think that the answer to both of those questions are NO and NO.

Although I fault his politics and other things, I cannot fault the man for being a human being.

As Human Beings we all "lust" after something or someone at various times of the day. Scientists tell us that we think about sex every 8 seconds. Does that make us sinners?

Geesh, I guess that I am destined for hell then because as a human I have "sinned" according to those rules. HOWEVER, I feel as if I have only really sinned when I break an commandment and yes, I have sinned in the past and will in the future: I have at times taken the lord's name in vain and I have coveted another man's wife, one time, without my knowledge (she didn't tell me she was married). HOWEVER, I haven't killed or stolen anything except some flys with a fly swatter and maybe a grape or two off a bunch at the grocery store while shopping.

Am I therefore doomed???

I think NOT.

Likewise, I do not feel as if I am a sinner and/or should be chastised for being human and "lusting" after a woman who is fully clothed, partially dressed or totally nude. As long as my actions cause NO HARM to anyone else, why should I be denounced???
Maybe I'm missing something but what has this "conviction" or statement to do with the bfforum?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2002, 11:34 pm #4

actually I think this was a response the the religion posting a few posts back.

Anudist
Anudist

October 7th, 2002, 1:49 am #5

Maybe I'm missing something but what has this "conviction" or statement to do with the bfforum?
You are correct, it has little to do with the forum.

HOWEVER,

There has been considerable discussion this week of toplessness being "bad" (my wording) due to men "LUSTING" after topless women.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 8th, 2002, 2:14 pm #6

actually I think this was a response the the religion posting a few posts back.