Its the economy ..... Stupid

Its the economy ..... Stupid

Anudist
Anudist

May 13th, 2003, 1:36 am #1

Its the economy stupid!

NOW, the ladies have a great reason to go brafree... The economy.

I heard a radio ad today for Bras at Mervyn's where you can buy 2 bras and get the 3rd free... Then they mention a bra for $17.00 + each. So for $34.00 plus taxes you can get one for free!

Geesh at those prices, I can't see why anyone would want to buy a Bra.

Therefore, the next time someone says: Why are you braless.

NOW

You can always answer: Its the Economy Stupid!

Of course, I prefer the better response:

"Because I choose to be.... bra free"

tam
tam

May 13th, 2003, 4:29 am #2

The last bras I bought were Victorias Secret"Body by Victoria" and they were $35.00 a piece!!!!!!

Alteior
Alteior

May 13th, 2003, 11:00 am #3

Its the economy stupid!

I heard a radio ad today for Bras at Mervyn's where you can buy 2 bras and get the 3rd free... Then they mention a bra for $17.00 + each. So for $34.00 plus taxes you can get one for free!

NOW

“Take 3, pay 2”: is this a panic reaction to keep women bying the stuff?

Brigitta Callens, a model from the Low Countries does it another way: she promotes a so-called “healthy” bra, said to produce less pressure on the shoulders, less than half the blood pressure on the breasts, and some movement in order to allow the breasts to pump around the lymph fluid. It’s clearly a commercial stunt: when looking at the picture (www.gitta.be/events.html), one can see that there is little or no improvement with respect to the 4 presently known detrimental effects of any other bra: temperature elevation, immobilization, constriction and melatonin deficiency.

The good news is that the fashion industry becomes aware of what official bodies don’t want to hear. Their countermove will at least have laughter making way for discussion.

Mike
Mike

May 13th, 2003, 1:33 pm #4

Well I think what would really solve people wearing bras is if you could just get stores and places that sell bras to simply refuse to sell them or raise the prices so high that women just wont buy them and then women will HAVE TO stop wearing them and learn how to live without bras and then people can get rid of all those unsightely bra rules at various places like school and work which are totally ridiculous. Also if they got rid of bras, it would give the fashion industry a good kick in the pants. I think that the fastest way to put people like that fashion industry out of business or at least take a little bit of their money away is to just get people to buy and wear less clothing if that happens then the fashion industry looses money and will need to do whatever the people want otherwise it goes out of business which is no big deal to me. That would be the cool thing if people just went around naked and only wore clothes for functional reasons *i.e weather* because then people couldnt resort to using fashion as a means of judging people and people would actually have to accept one another and you wouldnt have people bitching over who has the best clothing 24/7.

Mike
Mike

May 13th, 2003, 1:39 pm #5

The last bras I bought were Victorias Secret"Body by Victoria" and they were $35.00 a piece!!!!!!
Yeah well the stupid fashion industry wants money OUR MONEY and they expect us to just chuck it over to buy their unsightful bras and other crap they sell and one reason women do this is because the same people who sell these products are the same people who insert ideas into these women's minds that they have to wear bras. Also they get people to make laws where women have to wear bras places *i.e school/work* so therefore they would have to go and buy their bras for whatever they sell them for. I just think that if bras get to be too much money then people will just refuse to buy them. Thats what clothes stores should do is just make the prices really big or just simply not sell bras because if people dont buy them or they dont sell them it wont mean the store will go out of business because it will still have a large amount of other clothing items for people to buy but at least it would get people to change their clothing attitudes and would actually sock it to the fashion industry really hard. Personally I think they can just take all their bras and shove em where the light dont shine because I sure as hell dont wanna see women wearin em.

Mike
Mike

May 13th, 2003, 1:42 pm #6

Its the economy stupid!

NOW

Yeah women are so stupid in that reguard. They are so deseperate to get a bra and its usually "just the right one" that they beleive this cheap shit 3 for 1 sale stuff and really it doesnt save them that much more money in the end and it just ends up with women with more bras and gives the fashion industry power and we sure as hell dont want that do we? So if anyone on here is smart they'll just not buy bras at all and just find ways to get around all the yahoos that say u gotta wear em and just tell the fashion industry they can take all their bras and shove em for all they care, because thats exactly what I would do.

Pat
Pat

May 13th, 2003, 4:14 pm #7

Its the economy stupid!

NOW

Even at 2 or 3 for $35, bras are still expensive and still unhealthy. For those occassions when a woman wants a bra alternative (work, family reunions, cooler weather, etc) there are plenty of inexpensive options, and they mostly center around the camisole. Although there are some very fashionable and more expensive camis, there are some very inexpensive ones too. Here are a couple of camis and tanks that are the cheapest I've found, about 45 to 55 bucks for eleven of them!
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2209-AA.shtml
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1837-AA.shtml
Probably some other suppliers exist too. That type of company specializes in selling "white blanks" to manufacturers for dyeing different colors, so the blanks are wholesale. At that price, a woman can improve the breast health of herself and many of her friends. At 4 or 5 dollars each, they would make great "stocking stuffers."

May 13th, 2003, 6:08 pm #8

Yeah well the stupid fashion industry wants money OUR MONEY and they expect us to just chuck it over to buy their unsightful bras and other crap they sell and one reason women do this is because the same people who sell these products are the same people who insert ideas into these women's minds that they have to wear bras. Also they get people to make laws where women have to wear bras places *i.e school/work* so therefore they would have to go and buy their bras for whatever they sell them for. I just think that if bras get to be too much money then people will just refuse to buy them. Thats what clothes stores should do is just make the prices really big or just simply not sell bras because if people dont buy them or they dont sell them it wont mean the store will go out of business because it will still have a large amount of other clothing items for people to buy but at least it would get people to change their clothing attitudes and would actually sock it to the fashion industry really hard. Personally I think they can just take all their bras and shove em where the light dont shine because I sure as hell dont wanna see women wearin em.
Title says it all.

May 13th, 2003, 6:10 pm #9

Well I think what would really solve people wearing bras is if you could just get stores and places that sell bras to simply refuse to sell them or raise the prices so high that women just wont buy them and then women will HAVE TO stop wearing them and learn how to live without bras and then people can get rid of all those unsightely bra rules at various places like school and work which are totally ridiculous. Also if they got rid of bras, it would give the fashion industry a good kick in the pants. I think that the fastest way to put people like that fashion industry out of business or at least take a little bit of their money away is to just get people to buy and wear less clothing if that happens then the fashion industry looses money and will need to do whatever the people want otherwise it goes out of business which is no big deal to me. That would be the cool thing if people just went around naked and only wore clothes for functional reasons *i.e weather* because then people couldnt resort to using fashion as a means of judging people and people would actually have to accept one another and you wouldnt have people bitching over who has the best clothing 24/7.
Title says it all.

mp
mp

May 13th, 2003, 6:29 pm #10

using that thought.... people wouldve stopped wearing sneakers when they went over $50 pr??? explain that