Isnt it wierd

Isnt it wierd

June 13th, 2002, 1:39 pm #1

I think its real wierd that when I go to the website with the pics for this bullitin board, msn puts up a msg that I have to click saying that Im 18. I have breasts, and I can go into locker rooms and see women showering, but to see pics of women who r topless or just not wearing bras, I have to be 18

Mom and Steve tell me to go ahead and click OK, there usully with me any way. but I still think its kinda funny

June 13th, 2002, 4:03 pm #2

Hi Amy...

You put it very well. It's unfortunate that our society is one of the few left in the world that retains its objections to the sight of simple bare skin...as if we didn't all have it! What saddens me is that most of our society has minimal objections to people of any age viewing excessive and routinely brutal violence as forms of entertainment, but the sight of anyone nude (or even topless) sends people into a frenzy of condemnation. Even here at college, among supposedly educated and enlightened young people, I find that bringing the topic into class discussions elicits a number of either critical responses or juvenile snickers from other students.

As a female college student who loves being topless and/or nude whenever possible and wherever appropriate, I urge you to stay true to your beliefs and committment to body acceptance. We're all doing our part to convince our society that the Puritans have, indeed, left, and that the sight of a simple unclothed body or body part will not cause our culture to crumble around us.

Love...and stay naked (or at least topless)...

Kristi

June 13th, 2002, 4:57 pm #3

just seems funny that they dont want me to look at some thing that I can see by taking off my shirt and standing in front of a mirror! I wonder if any one even thought about that when they put in the rule

lucky mom and Steve r OK with it tho

JB
JB

June 13th, 2002, 6:18 pm #4

I think its real wierd that when I go to the website with the pics for this bullitin board, msn puts up a msg that I have to click saying that Im 18. I have breasts, and I can go into locker rooms and see women showering, but to see pics of women who r topless or just not wearing bras, I have to be 18

Mom and Steve tell me to go ahead and click OK, there usully with me any way. but I still think its kinda funny
I had not thought of that irony, since there was no Internet when I was a teen. I did think it was weird that we had to shower in P.E. in front of other people, but we all put on some sort of clothing at home to go to bed, when nobody would see us naked.

Nat

June 13th, 2002, 9:25 pm #5

About a week ago MSN, in their strange wisdom, decided to move BFF from the public "women" section to their unlisted "adult" section.

Why I haven't the slightest idea, but it's unfortunate because now it is no longer listed in the directory or the search engine so I don't know how people are suppose to find it anymore.

I also miss be able to compare it's popularity with the other forums in the women section. (See http://communities.msn.com/browse.msnw?catid=128). BFF rapidly became in the top-ten of all women's forums and was near the top when MSN moved it.

But the most ridiculous thing about this move is to look at the garbage they have left in the public section- like there is one forum that talks about having sex with dogs! (I kid you not) and all kinds of other weird sex stuff.

You explain it- I sure can't.

-Nat

June 13th, 2002, 10:31 pm #6

The sorry part to this story is that we the voters have allowed the politicians to dupe us on laws that have been passed. Like Kristi says, there is no shortage of extreme acts of violence, I think there is a statistic that a child is witness to 150 acts of violence thru TV and media everyday! Video games no longer exist that don't have violence, what ever happened to Atari Ping Pong? Yet sexuality and nudity are looked upon as capital offenses, but they are the next strongest influence in our lives. Our sex drive is an instinct, and humans in general are violent in reaction to a threatening stimulus. We are being told it is OK to be animal and kill, but don't think of getting in touch with your sexual side...or else!

Amy, you just keep up with being your nudist self and don't sweat these user agreements, they are a scare tactic.

Stay naked! You too Kristi!

Geoff

June 13th, 2002, 11:33 pm #7

Steve says that lots of schools arent even allowing students to take showers any more. but mine does. and I dont have to wear any thing to bed if I dont want to. but it seem kinda strange what JB said

I dont like violent games, Id rather do games like monoply on the computer. but ur rite that lots of ppl think its just horible if a kid sees some one naked or lets some one see her naked. mom says shed rather have me see ppl making love than killing each other! she says sex is natural and healthy as long as its grownups who want to do it with each other

I like being nude or topless so Im going to keep doing it whenever I can :)

we just think those user agreements r funny about having to be 18. and mom and Steve just tell me to pretend Im 18 when I see one

JB
JB

June 13th, 2002, 11:58 pm #8

I have heard that some schools no longer have showers, apparently because lots of students won't use them or because P.E. is not required. As far as I was concerned, P.E. was just a waste of time and money for water.

observer
observer

June 14th, 2002, 12:29 am #9

Yea, well now we have a generation of fat overweight kids who are getting type-II diabetes in their 20s instead of 50s like it use to be.

June 14th, 2002, 12:48 am #10

I have heard that some schools no longer have showers, apparently because lots of students won't use them or because P.E. is not required. As far as I was concerned, P.E. was just a waste of time and money for water.
at my school we do have gym class, and we dont HAVE to take showers but most of us do. but I heard of schools where they dont care if u shower or they wont let u shower even if u want to. thats real silly, its like we rnt just scared to let the boys see us, now were scared to let other girls see us either!

Im gonna keep taking showers