I Served In the USN

I Served In the USN

December 17th, 2004, 9:09 am #1

Back in my high school days (89-92) I always wanted to serve my country. I am proud that I did.
But, here recently I have wondered if I have served in vain.
I served so that women would not have to dress up in those dredful bed sheets, called berkas I think they are called. But why should I care what the hell they are called. I served so that women would not have to wear those sheets, towels, rags, or what ever the hell the PC term is. I served so that women can bare their arms, legs, face, belly, and yes their boobs, and if they are ever oooooooohhh so brave maybe that area down south of their breasts. I would not care if my neighbor was out mowing the lawn, other yard work, sunning herself in her front/back yard, diving in her back yard pool. I would totally respect her space. I see guys (fat and slim) (twig or muscular) on construction sites building houses, on road construction crews with shirts off. So why can't women?
That thing with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson, the "wardrobe malfunction," I haven't seen it, but heard about it. I would have laughed and yelled out at the top of my lungs, "Up yours June Cleaver." For those of who are trying really hard to keep the "Leave It To Beaver" days alive.
I served to up hold the Constitution of The United States. Not the Holy Bible. Not the Book of Mormon, and definately not the terrorist handbook - the so-called Holy Koran. I think the forefathers left that out because of Amendment One.
I have served so that guys and gals can run businesses like topless and full nudity bars. They are places where guys and gals can observe with permission.
So someone needs to develop the nerve and not only run for office in their respective states, but to over power the bible huggers and run for U.S. Congress. How about running for the office of Governor, or even better the President of the United States. This is the only way to get rid of those bras once and for all.

December 17th, 2004, 9:19 am #2

Where does it say in the Constitution that I had to believe in the Bible. To my understanding it left the control to me. But yet it seems like 95% of the laws up to this point in time basically set up a religion involuntary, vice a voluntary set up one as prevented by Amendment One of the US Constitution.

michaela
michaela

December 17th, 2004, 2:03 pm #3

Back in my high school days (89-92) I always wanted to serve my country. I am proud that I did.
I served so that women would not have to dress up in those dredful bed sheets, called berkas I think they are called. But why should I care what the hell they are called. I served so that women would not have to wear those sheets, towels, rags, or what ever the hell the PC term is. I served so that women can bare their arms, legs, face, belly, and yes their boobs, and if they are ever oooooooohhh so brave maybe that area down south of their breasts. I would not care if my neighbor was out mowing the lawn, other yard work, sunning herself in her front/back yard, diving in her back yard pool. I would totally respect her space. I see guys (fat and slim) (twig or muscular) on construction sites building houses, on road construction crews with shirts off. So why can't women?
That thing with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson, the "wardrobe malfunction," I haven't seen it, but heard about it. I would have laughed and yelled out at the top of my lungs, "Up yours June Cleaver." For those of who are trying really hard to keep the "Leave It To Beaver" days alive.
I served to up hold the Constitution of The United States. Not the Holy Bible. Not the Book of Mormon, and definately not the terrorist handbook - the so-called Holy Koran. I think the forefathers left that out because of Amendment One.
I have served so that guys and gals can run businesses like topless and full nudity bars. They are places where guys and gals can observe with permission.
So someone needs to develop the nerve and not only run for office in their respective states, but to over power the bible huggers and run for U.S. Congress. How about running for the office of Governor, or even better the President of the United States. This is the only way to get rid of those bras once and for all.
Welcome Stefan. I thank you for your service. I appreciate you for it. And let me say, though I will no doubt be flamed for it by others, and perhaps even you, I am free to read my Bible because of your service. If I want to believe in Christ Jesus, and read the Bible, I still can because so far I won't get killed for it in this country. But, I also believe that there are those who would like to take that right away from me even as we speak. There is a lot at stake here, not just body freedoms, but everything we have. If we don't pay attention we could lose much.

December 17th, 2004, 5:49 pm #4

It is people like me that pay for it. I believe that you have the right to read about Jesus Christ, attend church at your own free will, practice it to your beliefs. I also believe that we, as a nation, should not violate other peoples freedoms and beliefs, and let them live there lives the way they see fit. Government should have very little part. Yes this nation was inspired by God. From what I was taught in Sunday School, God had a plan, but two ways to carry it out. 1.) His beloved Son Jesus Christ - JC wanted to come and pay for our sins and allow us humans make the choice of how we can return to Our Father in Heaven. Or 2.) Send Lucifer (sp) - He wanted us to have no choices what so ever. That is why we have the Bible, The Book of Mormon ( for those like me that are "Mormons" supposively). It is life's instruction manual on how to return back to our maker if we choose to. I not only served the believers of God, but also served for the non-believers. God will save our souls if we die. But He won't save our bodies from harm, like those who parished in the 9/11 attacks. It ain't God taht will save us in the here and now, it will be people like me, our men and women of the United States Army; United States Navy; United States Marine Corps., United States Air Force, and yes the United States Coast Gaurd. And with God on our side we will kick butt.
People like "Slick Willie" Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and the like have no interest in our safety. George W. Bush might have a touch of interest, but he can do a lot more. If I were him, I would post our troops on the north and south boarders and with the technology that we have we can secure them. Then get on the TV and say," I have secured our boarders with our armed forces and no one else will get harmed. Not on my watch. Any other terror cells would be taken care of by local police departments, which should include the so- called A.C.L.U.

michaela
michaela

December 17th, 2004, 6:02 pm #5

I don't know if I agree with your discription of God's plan of salvation, and I know I don't agree with the Book of Mormon, and who it is, God or the military that secured our freedom, but that is why we have the freedom of religion part of our constitution. You are free to believe in the way you see fit. You are free to dress the way you want to dress, unless of course you are still in the military , and work the kind of work you want also. We are free to have liberal views or conservative, or be somewhere in the middle. If I want a sermon I go to church. I just want to welcome your views and participation on this board, and I always thank a veteran.

Cassie
Cassie

December 17th, 2004, 6:33 pm #6

"I served to up hold the Constitution of The United States. Not the Holy Bible. Not the Book of Mormon, and definately not the terrorist handbook - the so-called Holy Koran."

No need to single out the Koran as the "terrorist handbook" - the Bible is just as bad. The only difference between the Taliban and the Religious Right here is that there are fewer of them and they haven't gotten rid of that pesky First Amendment yet. But not to worry. Falwell & Co. aren't going to let a little piece of paper stop them from turning this country into a Christian theocracy.

-Cassie

P.S. Yeah, you guessed it, I'm an atheist. Come and get me, Ashcroft!

P.P.S. When the Stormtroopers start forcing everyone to pick a religion at gunpoint, I think I'll pick Ancient Greco-Roman Polytheism just to watch them squirm.

December 17th, 2004, 6:41 pm #7

I don't know if I agree with your discription of God's plan of salvation, and I know I don't agree with the Book of Mormon, and who it is, God or the military that secured our freedom, but that is why we have the freedom of religion part of our constitution. You are free to believe in the way you see fit. You are free to dress the way you want to dress, unless of course you are still in the military , and work the kind of work you want also. We are free to have liberal views or conservative, or be somewhere in the middle. If I want a sermon I go to church. I just want to welcome your views and participation on this board, and I always thank a veteran.
I agree with you totally. That is the whole point. This is a nation that expesses certain views. Not to press it on others. I don't know what your views are on abortion, displaying your top to the world, or any other "controversial" (sp) subject are, but I think it is no ones business other than you, your doctor's, and maybe if you have a loving boyfriend, or husband that steps up and takes responsibility, whether you should have an abortion or not. I may not agree with it (personally) but I have no say to what you do, nor should any one else. That is what I am trying to say. I may not like your view on life. I know for certain that you don't like mine. But I don't go around and make your life, nor anyone elses life a living hell. That in its self is wrong... from my point of view. You may agree with that, or you may not. It is your choice, not mine.

December 17th, 2004, 6:56 pm #8

"I served to up hold the Constitution of The United States. Not the Holy Bible. Not the Book of Mormon, and definately not the terrorist handbook - the so-called Holy Koran."

No need to single out the Koran as the "terrorist handbook" - the Bible is just as bad. The only difference between the Taliban and the Religious Right here is that there are fewer of them and they haven't gotten rid of that pesky First Amendment yet. But not to worry. Falwell & Co. aren't going to let a little piece of paper stop them from turning this country into a Christian theocracy.

-Cassie

P.S. Yeah, you guessed it, I'm an atheist. Come and get me, Ashcroft!

P.P.S. When the Stormtroopers start forcing everyone to pick a religion at gunpoint, I think I'll pick Ancient Greco-Roman Polytheism just to watch them squirm.
You said it. I hear people, especially the leader of the chuch that I am a member of preach:
Don't spend money on sundays! Don't make people work on sundays, and you yourself should not work on sundays. Well hell what do you see people of my church doing!
I served for you as well Cassie. I served so that you can be an "atheist." If people believe something is true they should prove it, live it 24/7, Instead of being a two faced SOB.
I was taught that 2+2 was 4, but we have assholes out there that are trying to drill in our heads that 2+2 does not equal 4, they are trying to get us to believe that it is some other number.
Where are you from?

Cassie
Cassie

December 17th, 2004, 8:32 pm #9

"Where are you from?"

I'm originally from the Chicago suburbs, and I'm going to college in southern Wisconsin.

michaela
michaela

December 17th, 2004, 8:44 pm #10

I agree with you totally. That is the whole point. This is a nation that expesses certain views. Not to press it on others. I don't know what your views are on abortion, displaying your top to the world, or any other "controversial" (sp) subject are, but I think it is no ones business other than you, your doctor's, and maybe if you have a loving boyfriend, or husband that steps up and takes responsibility, whether you should have an abortion or not. I may not agree with it (personally) but I have no say to what you do, nor should any one else. That is what I am trying to say. I may not like your view on life. I know for certain that you don't like mine. But I don't go around and make your life, nor anyone elses life a living hell. That in its self is wrong... from my point of view. You may agree with that, or you may not. It is your choice, not mine.
Why I am interested in this forum is to talk to men and women about the issues of breast health and freedom issues. I know we sometimes get off down some pretty tangly rabit trails here from time to time. Sometimes conversations get sidetracked. But I will not answer questions about my political or religious beliefs. What I said about the Bible and JC in an earlier post was to illustrate a point about freedom. I have no interest in starting a Christian bashing contest. If that is what y'all want to talk about, go for it, but I'm out!