How naturally minded are you?

How naturally minded are you?

Varmint
Varmint

December 10th, 2003, 2:57 pm #1

Hi folks
First time I've initiated a thread here - been lurking a while and posting some comments, but suddenly a thought entered my head (doesn't happen often!):

Most people in the forum seem to be fairly ope-minded about their bodies, and seem to endorse going braless, topless, nude in various places etc etc. There's also a lot been said about how unnatural it is to wear a bra, which I agree on 2000%, and the various contributions about freeballing, which have quite correctly pointed out that wearing tight underpants is not good for le testicles at all.

This, however, begs the question about how many of the emale forum members still shave armpits, bikini lines, and legs, and how many male forum members have partners who buy the braless/pantyless/topless thing, but still do the shaving gig?

What are your feelings on this? Are we hypocritical in our outlook in that we are all for bralessness and espouse its naturalness and pantylessness/underpantlessness and debunk its hygiene myths, and yet insist on shaving hair that grows naturally?

For me, nothing is more attractive than an all natural woman, nothing at all. Just as I don't buy the gumph on women wearing a bra, I also don't buy the sh1t peddled by Gillette about women having to shave their armpits and bikni lines for hygienic reasons.

Pat
Pat

December 10th, 2003, 4:13 pm #2

Shaving is not really applicable. To shave or not shave? It is a continuum. When was the last time that you saw a man who did not cut his air at all? and by this I mean never cut his hair and never trimmed his beard. Many guys would look like a troll from under a bridge after a few months. Most guys with beards and/or mustaches cut their hair to some degree, so it is not a matter of all or nothing. Most people trim their fingernails to some degree. Is it unnatural to NOT have five inch nails? Very few, if any, women go topfree all the time (unless they work and live at a clothing optional resort), but this doesn't make them unnatural. This forum is about freedom and inclusion and not about everyone having to fit a certain mold. My point is that trimming or shaving off hair is not a measure of "naturalness." There are no health dangers to wearing a trimmed beard versus no beard versus non-trimmed wild-man beard. There is, however, for many women, significant health effects from constrictive clothing, ranging from simple discomfort to painful breast cysts and more. Finally, this forum is about freedom -- freedom to be brafree and/or topfree. We don't need to make anyone feel less than optimal or less than natural because they decide to trim their beard or shave their legs. One could even argue that bathing is not natural, but I don't even want "to go there." Shaving, piercing, trimming, choosing a particular color clothing; these are just part of freedom, and have nothing to do with freedom from bras or tops.

Varmint
Varmint

December 10th, 2003, 4:38 pm #3

Surprisingly enough, I do agree! What I was getting at was finding out how people felt about especially the female shaving thing. It is just another example of society being brainwashed by someone/some company trying to increase its profits: before the 1920's and the advent of sleevless outfits for women, it was never an issue. Suddenly when women started wearing sleeveless outfits, razor manufacturers spotted a new market, and started targetting women and telling them that they were socially unacceptable if they didn't shave their armpits, legs & bikini line.

So I suppose the question then is, if you support brafree/topfree ethics, do you shave (if you are female), if so why? I'm not saying don't trim or whatever takes your personal fancy: I'm just totally against the pressure put on women to be "in", just because some smart marketer has decided that shaved armpits are required for a woman to be socially acceptable!

JB
JB

December 10th, 2003, 6:18 pm #4

Shaving is not really applicable. To shave or not shave? It is a continuum. When was the last time that you saw a man who did not cut his air at all? and by this I mean never cut his hair and never trimmed his beard. Many guys would look like a troll from under a bridge after a few months. Most guys with beards and/or mustaches cut their hair to some degree, so it is not a matter of all or nothing. Most people trim their fingernails to some degree. Is it unnatural to NOT have five inch nails? Very few, if any, women go topfree all the time (unless they work and live at a clothing optional resort), but this doesn't make them unnatural. This forum is about freedom and inclusion and not about everyone having to fit a certain mold. My point is that trimming or shaving off hair is not a measure of "naturalness." There are no health dangers to wearing a trimmed beard versus no beard versus non-trimmed wild-man beard. There is, however, for many women, significant health effects from constrictive clothing, ranging from simple discomfort to painful breast cysts and more. Finally, this forum is about freedom -- freedom to be brafree and/or topfree. We don't need to make anyone feel less than optimal or less than natural because they decide to trim their beard or shave their legs. One could even argue that bathing is not natural, but I don't even want "to go there." Shaving, piercing, trimming, choosing a particular color clothing; these are just part of freedom, and have nothing to do with freedom from bras or tops.
Pat wrote:

>Shaving is not really applicable. To shave or not shave? It is a continuum. When was the last time that you saw a man who did not cut his air at all? and by this I mean never cut his hair and never trimmed his beard. Many guys would look like a troll from under a bridge after a few months.<

Exactly.

> This forum is about freedom and inclusion and not about everyone having to fit a certain mold. <

Yes, nobody should be told that they have to shave or that they should not shave.

I remove my body hair just because I feel more comfortable without it. Some people think that men should not do this, but I don't care because it is my body not theirs. Tattoos and piercings are not natural either, but many people have them and they don't care that other people don't like their body modifications.

michaela
michaela

December 10th, 2003, 6:21 pm #5

Surprisingly enough, I do agree! What I was getting at was finding out how people felt about especially the female shaving thing. It is just another example of society being brainwashed by someone/some company trying to increase its profits: before the 1920's and the advent of sleevless outfits for women, it was never an issue. Suddenly when women started wearing sleeveless outfits, razor manufacturers spotted a new market, and started targetting women and telling them that they were socially unacceptable if they didn't shave their armpits, legs & bikini line.

So I suppose the question then is, if you support brafree/topfree ethics, do you shave (if you are female), if so why? I'm not saying don't trim or whatever takes your personal fancy: I'm just totally against the pressure put on women to be "in", just because some smart marketer has decided that shaved armpits are required for a woman to be socially acceptable!
I don't know for a fact, but I believe, because I'm in the weather a lot, that the hair on our legs and arms and other places is there for insulation. In the cold seasons I don't shave, and I think I'm able to keep from freezing easier. In the summer I do shave because I like the smooth look better, as I am a dark brunette.

JB
JB

December 10th, 2003, 6:27 pm #6

I agree that society puts pressure on women to shave their armpits and such and that marketers take advantage of it in promoting shaving products. It's just like the car companies that want to get you to buy a new car every two or three years when cars don't get better from one year to the next. They just want to exploit the fact that affluent people like to keep up with their peers and drive the latest model cars.

I think of a car as transportation, not a fashion item that needs frequent replacement. The only way I would buy a new car a short time after buying my present car would be if I found out that the new models are much more fuel efficient or more environmentally friendly, or safer.

JB
JB

December 10th, 2003, 6:31 pm #7

I don't know for a fact, but I believe, because I'm in the weather a lot, that the hair on our legs and arms and other places is there for insulation. In the cold seasons I don't shave, and I think I'm able to keep from freezing easier. In the summer I do shave because I like the smooth look better, as I am a dark brunette.
I think body hair originally served as insulation, but as part of the process of evolution, it has been disappearing. I also think that the reason you don't feel as cold when you are not shaving is that you are not removing old skin with the shaver. I don't think it has much to do with the hair you are not shaving off. When you shave, you remove the outer (dead) layers of skin in addition to hair.

michaela
michaela

December 10th, 2003, 6:45 pm #8

That dead layer of skin also comes off when one bathes with a wash cloth too, whether one shaves or not. Haven't you ever noticed how the hairs on your arm stand up when you are cold and you get goose flesh? Hair is still insulation. We may not have as much hair on us as animals do, but combined with the clothes we wear, it works the same way. I know when I shave my legs in winter and wear jeans, I'm not near as warm as when I don't shave. Dead skin cells could not possibly be the reason I'm warmer.

Oh, and as a P.S. to my previous post...If I were blonde, I would never shave.

tam
tam

December 11th, 2003, 12:01 am #9

Hi folks
First time I've initiated a thread here - been lurking a while and posting some comments, but suddenly a thought entered my head (doesn't happen often!):

Most people in the forum seem to be fairly ope-minded about their bodies, and seem to endorse going braless, topless, nude in various places etc etc. There's also a lot been said about how unnatural it is to wear a bra, which I agree on 2000%, and the various contributions about freeballing, which have quite correctly pointed out that wearing tight underpants is not good for le testicles at all.

This, however, begs the question about how many of the emale forum members still shave armpits, bikini lines, and legs, and how many male forum members have partners who buy the braless/pantyless/topless thing, but still do the shaving gig?

What are your feelings on this? Are we hypocritical in our outlook in that we are all for bralessness and espouse its naturalness and pantylessness/underpantlessness and debunk its hygiene myths, and yet insist on shaving hair that grows naturally?

For me, nothing is more attractive than an all natural woman, nothing at all. Just as I don't buy the gumph on women wearing a bra, I also don't buy the sh1t peddled by Gillette about women having to shave their armpits and bikni lines for hygienic reasons.
Ok I'll respond
I shave my legs mostly out of habit and because my husband prefers them smooth. I dont shave as often in the winter as in the summer months. My armpits I shave because I have found that no matter how clean I am .. with armpit hair I am more aromatic and not in a good way. So I keep my armpits cleanly shaven at all times
Bikini leg area only, I shave because the legs of my undies sometimes would pull a hair and hurt. And to prevent escapees from my swimsuit in summer.( very unattractive)

JB
JB

December 11th, 2003, 12:38 am #10

That dead layer of skin also comes off when one bathes with a wash cloth too, whether one shaves or not. Haven't you ever noticed how the hairs on your arm stand up when you are cold and you get goose flesh? Hair is still insulation. We may not have as much hair on us as animals do, but combined with the clothes we wear, it works the same way. I know when I shave my legs in winter and wear jeans, I'm not near as warm as when I don't shave. Dead skin cells could not possibly be the reason I'm warmer.

Oh, and as a P.S. to my previous post...If I were blonde, I would never shave.
If you were blonde, you would probably also have more insulation (hair) since blondes tend to have more body hair. Redheads tend to have the least.