Hillary Clinton's Dream

Hillary Clinton's Dream

Bob
Bob

April 3rd, 2008, 11:25 pm #1

Nat

April 4th, 2008, 1:43 am #2

That does look amazing like Obama- and how Hilliary might look with a little more age and weight.
I bet she is pissed with that guy, he has sure messed up what she thought would be a cakewalk to the nomination.

cool beans boi
cool beans boi

April 4th, 2008, 10:50 pm #3

If Hillary wins big in PA, this will be anyone's game.
I just hope she doesn't cripple the party with the super delegate thing.
She should have ran in 04

Nat

April 5th, 2008, 1:54 am #4

Hilliary was too experienced in '04- no one who has not served in public office has been elected president in modern times. She felt she had to serve in Congress a few years first to be taken seriously. Also Bush was still rather popular in '04- '08 just seem like the right time to her. She just didn't expected Obama.

Bob
Bob

April 5th, 2008, 4:25 am #5

If Hillary wins big in PA, this will be anyone's game.
I just hope she doesn't cripple the party with the super delegate thing.
She should have ran in 04
Wouldn't you think that a country of almost 300 million people could come up with better candiadtes than we get?

Brandon
Brandon

April 5th, 2008, 5:06 am #6

The real question is why can't the Democrats come up with better more electable candidates. There are many Democratic governors and senators who could have and could still get elected in a landslide.

Instead the Dems have given us the likes of Mondale, Dukakis, and John Kerry. This year they are giving us a choice of either an ultra liberal Afro Centric one time Senator or an unlikable woman whose only qualification is that she was the wife of a former president.

Nat

April 5th, 2008, 5:44 am #7

Wouldn't you think that a country of almost 300 million people could come up with better candiadtes than we get?
It is disappointing but I think the problem is that anyone who is smart enough to do the job is smart enough not to want it. Why put up with the hassle and flack they would get when they could make more money for less work as CEO of some corporation.

Bobby
Bobby

April 5th, 2008, 6:56 pm #8

Well, she certainly has been a disapointment to me. She, who has accused Bush of lying is no paradigm of virtue herself.

Hillary Clinton was nailed in an outright fabrication of her role in Bosnia. She said she was under sniper fire in Bosnia and had to run to safety. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the steps from her plane.) If she can't tell the difference between a little girl giving her flowers and sniper fire, she doesn't deserve to be President.

After 9/11, she spun an elaborate yarn. She said that Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9/11 and happened to duck into a coffee shop when the airplanes hit. She said that this move saved Chelsea's life. But Chelsea told Talk magazine that she was in a friend's apartment four miles from ground zero when the first plane hit. Her friend called her, waking her up, and told her to turn on the TV. On television, she saw the second plane hit, disproving Hillary's claim that "she heard the plane hit. She heard it. She did." Yeah, she heard it on TV like the rest of us.

She said that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She later admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)

She said that learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the futures market back then.)

She said that she didn't know about the FALN pardons.

She said that she didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.

She said that her taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.

She said that she didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.

She said that she didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.

She said that she opposed NAFTA at the time. He vote is part of the public record.

She said that she was instrumental in the Irish peace process.

She said that she urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.

She said that she played a role in the '90s economic recovery.

She said that those illusive billing records of her law firm just showed up on their own.

She said that she thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke. If this is true she is simply too naive to be President.

She said that she has always a Yankees fan.

She said that she had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).

She said that she negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).

I do not need a President who can't tell the truth. Incidently, review her income tax returns just released.

Nat

April 6th, 2008, 3:14 am #9

Bobby, your posts are always difficult to discern, but after careful analysis, I suspect you may not like Hillary.

So what do you think of Barack?

Bob
Bob

April 7th, 2008, 5:03 pm #10

It is disappointing but I think the problem is that anyone who is smart enough to do the job is smart enough not to want it. Why put up with the hassle and flack they would get when they could make more money for less work as CEO of some corporation.

except that some candidates spend large sums of their own money to win the Presidency.

and even more common, all the personal attacks they throw at each other -- just stop short of calling each others' mothers whores.

I'm guessing there are some major perks that make the multi-millions spent and the attempts at character assasination (both delivered and endured) worth it.