hi people

hi people

howard
howard

November 29th, 2004, 8:03 pm #1

I came across this site recently and have been reading some of the posts for ideas with my fiancee. She's 34 yrs old and has discovered a couple of lumps in her right breast. She went to the dr's office last week and they gave her a number for another place for further examination.
She wears a bra almost 24/7, even to bed, i never knew that wearing bras could have negative effects on a woman's health until i looked at this site.
She's large breasted and very modest, i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to break the ice, at least get her to sleep without wearing a bra? I myself have no idea how a woman could wear a bra so much and not be uncomfortable, especially to bed. Thanks, howard.

Jodi
Jodi

November 29th, 2004, 9:05 pm #2

You could start by buying her a few of the books mentioned here.
It might make it more believable than asking her to take your word for it.

Nat

November 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm #3

I came across this site recently and have been reading some of the posts for ideas with my fiancee. She's 34 yrs old and has discovered a couple of lumps in her right breast. She went to the dr's office last week and they gave her a number for another place for further examination.
She wears a bra almost 24/7, even to bed, i never knew that wearing bras could have negative effects on a woman's health until i looked at this site.
She's large breasted and very modest, i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to break the ice, at least get her to sleep without wearing a bra? I myself have no idea how a woman could wear a bra so much and not be uncomfortable, especially to bed. Thanks, howard.
Here is a good book to start with: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:mt ... l%22&hl=en

Also check out our resource list at: http://www.network54.com/Forum/345323

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

November 29th, 2004, 11:10 pm #4

You could start by buying her a few of the books mentioned here.
It might make it more believable than asking her to take your word for it.
I agree with Jodi, again! Motivation best comes from within - but show people where to find the help they need.

I think it is much better to get people taking an interest in this or similar sites and learn what they need to know themselves. Whatever you do don't 'nag'. Having breast lumps is obviously a strong motivation to learn more about breasts and brest health.

Now, while most breast lumps are beign, it is obviously the small number of ones that are not that are the worry, so make sure these get checked out properly fairly soon.

If they are just fibrocystic disease 'benign breast disease' ditching the bra may well get rid of them.

November 30th, 2004, 1:41 pm #5

This is very interesting and must be a very common thing these days with so much 24/7 bra wearing going on. One thing that may help is to buy your girl friend some nice cami tops or some stretchy vests which offer just a little support at the same time as allowing considerable breast movement. Tell her how nice she looks in these type of tops. I'm sure that you will really believe she looks better in a more natural shape anyway, but tell her, because modesty is such an issue here and she'll need lots of encouragement. Tell her how important breast movement is to help drainage and of course there are plenty of women's case histories around that she can read and see for herself how much many women have benefitted from the bra-free life style. You can also gently point out that there is not a shred of medical evidence to support the myth that bras prevent sagging and there are many women here who will tell you that NOT wearing a bra actually helps to prevent sag.
One thing, it won't be easy, because most medical opinion just says the opposite to what you'll read here. The important thing is not to push too hard and be prepared for a few setbacks. There are many women here who can help with the encouragement.
Good luck to you both, you will be fine.
David

Wayne
Wayne

November 30th, 2004, 2:18 pm #6

I had the same problem with my wife. I found this site and looked at past posts. I found references to sites that talked about the various health issues. I saved the ones that seemed most convincing, and, after a week or two of collecting information, sat my wife down and got her to read what I had found. It took some pushing; I was asking her to read a lot, but I insisted that it was important that she read what I had found. It turned out that her doctor had also found lumps, but she hadn't told me about that.

It has been almost a year now, and she rarely wears a bra now, and NEVER to bed.

Particularly effective were the statistics concerning the number of hours per day of wearing a bra versus the chance of getting breast cancer, and the connection between fibrosis and breast cancer.

Like my wife, your fiancee is now worried about her breasts. Give her the best information you can find, and if she is as worried as my wife was, she will ditch the bras right away.

Mike
Mike

November 30th, 2004, 10:42 pm #7

Yah I think you should do what everybody else suggests here but just tell her that she looks fine just the way she is and that she should be happy with herself the way she is and if other people cant accept her that way then its their loss and theyre really not the type of people that she should wanna be associating with anyways because real friends and real family that love her would accept her as she is and not expect her to wear some bra or other artificial contraption to hold her breasts in some unnatural position just to gain their acceptance. I think you should tell her how good she would look without a bra and have her wear something that gives enough coverage but doesnt restrict her breast movement that much so that she can still be modest but still have freedom of movement and then just keep telling her how good she looks that way and get her to wear bras less and less a little bit at a time until she doesnt do it at all anymore and then im sure she will be just fine. I think her health is more important than what some people in public think about her appearance, she should just be happy with herself the way she looks and know that she is doing her best and thats all that should be expected of her and she shouldnt have to give in to people who wish for her to do something that she knows would be unsafe or unhealthy for her. Ensuring ones health is more important than how you look. I would think its better to look a bit trashy to some prudish people than be beautiful to them and potentially be dead, in the end her health is more important than what some selfish single minded individuals think. Anyways hope that helps.

howard
howard

December 1st, 2004, 11:20 am #8

Thanks everyone. Biggest problem is that she's sort of old fashioned and catholic. She is a 38/dd and she believes that big busted women look slutty/trashy in public without a bra on. this is the biggest obstacle i have to deal with.

Cassie
Cassie

December 1st, 2004, 11:29 am #9

"Thanks everyone. Biggest problem is that she's sort of old fashioned and catholic. She is a 38/dd and she believes that big busted women look slutty/trashy in public without a bra on. this is the biggest obstacle i have to deal with."

Well, she doesn't have to go out in public just yet. She can get great health benefits just from going braless at home.

Eiffel
Eiffel

December 1st, 2004, 12:58 pm #10

Thanks everyone. Biggest problem is that she's sort of old fashioned and catholic. She is a 38/dd and she believes that big busted women look slutty/trashy in public without a bra on. this is the biggest obstacle i have to deal with.
I'm also a 38DD and have been brafree for three months now. As the others have said, after a few weeks of getting used to the feeling (wearing a stretchy camisole)they seem to become more firm and wiggle less. If I can do it, so can she!