Hey Nat!

Hey Nat!

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 1st, 2006, 10:56 am #1

Did you get burned? Did that fire I just herad about come near you?

Nat

May 1st, 2006, 12:24 pm #2

No, it was no problem for me Shadow. I could see the smoke but it was all going the other way.

But thanks for worrying about me.

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 1st, 2006, 12:27 pm #3

Glad you are safe. I heard that the fire was started by a nine and ten year old boy. Over 2,000 acres and nine homes burned.

Nat

May 1st, 2006, 1:08 pm #4

Yep. Wonderful warped kids these days.

Actually it's been so dry and windy this year I'm amazed it hadn't happen before.

About 10-12 years ago someone was going around setting fires. It wasn't as dry that year so they didn't spread so bad, but starting a fire is so easy to do with all the brush and woods around here that you figure there will always going be some warped nut who has nothing better to do.

In fact I've never seen it as dry as it is now. It's typical to be dry this time of year but we haven't had normal yearly rainfall in like 2 or 3 years now. It's been below normal for so long that many people's wells are going dry. Just another sign that the weather is messed up.

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 1st, 2006, 1:35 pm #5

We are still having severe drought conditions here too. We had fires start by accident from people pulling their cars over to the side of the road to fix a flat or something and starting the grass on fire from the hot under carriage stuff, and welders working on fences, and the like. The welders were banned from conducting field work, and we were all banned from any kind of outdoor burning. Still are as far as I know.

Bob
Bob

May 1st, 2006, 10:24 pm #6

Yep. Wonderful warped kids these days.

Actually it's been so dry and windy this year I'm amazed it hadn't happen before.

About 10-12 years ago someone was going around setting fires. It wasn't as dry that year so they didn't spread so bad, but starting a fire is so easy to do with all the brush and woods around here that you figure there will always going be some warped nut who has nothing better to do.

In fact I've never seen it as dry as it is now. It's typical to be dry this time of year but we haven't had normal yearly rainfall in like 2 or 3 years now. It's been below normal for so long that many people's wells are going dry. Just another sign that the weather is messed up.
We've been getting plenty of rain up here, as usual for this time of year. And, we've been complaining about it. Goes to show that you don't know how good you have it sometimes. Still, we wish we could send you some of our riches (serves you right for having warm winters!)

Nat

May 1st, 2006, 10:34 pm #7

That seems to be the case with weather these days- one area has too much of something while another doesn't have enough!
We need a more efficient system to distribute things around.

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 1st, 2006, 10:41 pm #8

That's right...but I do love our warmer winters. I wouldn't trade them for anything! Today it is 92 degrees on our front porch at this very moment. The sun is shining and i am hoping it stays like this for tomorrow mornings bike ride!!! (am I obsessed? yes, just a little!) I asked Peter if he thought i could ride my bike like that girl in the picture Nat posted. He said the red necks around here would wreck their trucks. I don't know if that is a compliment or not...:O

Nat

May 1st, 2006, 11:09 pm #9

Well thats the way girls usually ride here in Florida. (I wish)

Bob
Bob

May 1st, 2006, 11:57 pm #10

From what I've seen, Florida does have the thonged ladies selling things near the beaches. after the long snowy winters here, that would be close enough for me!