Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Bob
Bob

May 14th, 2006, 2:42 am #1

A bit early, but I wanted to give sincerest wishes to all the mothers on this board, that they enjoy their special day. I am very thankful to have my mother, and I don't know what my life would be without her.

One of my favorite singers wrote a song to her mother, whom she often praises in her lyrics:

Do you remember when I was a baby?
Did I cry . . did I cry?
I only remember the days I was laughing
When you sang me sweet lullabies
When you sang me sweet bye and bye

Sometimes I wondered if you were an angel
Would you fly . . . would you fly?
Or would you just hover right here by my side
Keeping me warm and dry
Keeping me safe by your side

Mother, Mother won’t fall from grace
Light a room with the lines on your face
And if you were a river run dry
Well I’d sing you sweet bye and bye

All of the birds that land on my window
Sing your name . . . sing your name
When all of the time I am crying again
About how much the sky likes to rain
When I should be singing your name

And all of the flowers by the side of the road
They whisper your name as they grow
Well I’d sing you sweet bye and bye.

"Mother"
Kasey Chambers

"My father taught me music; my mother taught me everything else" -- kasey

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 14th, 2006, 1:19 pm #2

Thanks so much Bob! Are you able to spend the day with your Mother?

Nat

May 14th, 2006, 3:42 pm #3

A bit early, but I wanted to give sincerest wishes to all the mothers on this board, that they enjoy their special day. I am very thankful to have my mother, and I don't know what my life would be without her.

One of my favorite singers wrote a song to her mother, whom she often praises in her lyrics:

Do you remember when I was a baby?
Did I cry . . did I cry?
I only remember the days I was laughing
When you sang me sweet lullabies
When you sang me sweet bye and bye

Sometimes I wondered if you were an angel
Would you fly . . . would you fly?
Or would you just hover right here by my side
Keeping me warm and dry
Keeping me safe by your side

All of the birds that land on my window
Sing your name . . . sing your name
When all of the time I am crying again
About how much the sky likes to rain
When I should be singing your name

And all of the flowers by the side of the road
They whisper your name as they grow
Well I’d sing you sweet bye and bye.

"Mother"
Kasey Chambers

"My father taught me music; my mother taught me everything else" -- kasey
That was sweet Bob. I just called my Mom in N.C. She's 83 now and every time we talk I think it could be the last time. Her health is fairly good but at that age every day is a gift.

Bob
Bob

May 14th, 2006, 5:41 pm #4

Yes . . I'm spending the day with my mother, who is 82 and going strong. I went to church with her, which is one of the "gifts" she asked for. I was hoping my sons would spend time with their mother too, but they are both working today . . maybe this evening. I will take my mother to supper, just the two of us, unless my sister makes it.

Nat

May 14th, 2006, 6:22 pm #5

I wish I could do all that too but Mom is 700 miles away and my Leer jet is in the garage this week.

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 14th, 2006, 6:23 pm #6

Yes . . I'm spending the day with my mother, who is 82 and going strong. I went to church with her, which is one of the "gifts" she asked for. I was hoping my sons would spend time with their mother too, but they are both working today . . maybe this evening. I will take my mother to supper, just the two of us, unless my sister makes it.
How old are your sons?
Maybe....you will take your mother to supper? Did you make a reservation anywhere? Do you remember what restaurants are like on Mother's Day? (Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but sheesh...it can be bad. I'm staying home with my kids. Budweiser and beef stroganoff! Yum!)

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 14th, 2006, 6:24 pm #7

I wish I could do all that too but Mom is 700 miles away and my Leer jet is in the garage this week.
My Mom is 2600 miles away.
My Mother-in-Law is 2600 miles away.

Bob
Bob

May 14th, 2006, 9:46 pm #8

How old are your sons?
Maybe....you will take your mother to supper? Did you make a reservation anywhere? Do you remember what restaurants are like on Mother's Day? (Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but sheesh...it can be bad. I'm staying home with my kids. Budweiser and beef stroganoff! Yum!)
My older son just started his job this weekend (boy, was that a relief! I was starting to think . . . ). We didn't make reservations because my mother is undecided on such things beforehand -- not only which restaurant, but if she even wants to go at all. She finally decided that we should go. I think we'll be OK though, as we will have a later supper (due to a late lunch) and the rush should have died down by then. btw, my sister and nephew did stop by and we all had a nice visit. So, its been a good day. (Sounds like yours is too -- drink one for me, as its not on my diet ).

SHADOW
SHADOW

May 14th, 2006, 10:05 pm #9

Sorry! I didn't mean to rub that in...I suppose the stroganoff probably isn't on your diet either. Mine either...which is another reason I am such a bike fiend...you can eat pretty much anything you want as long as you ride a lot.

A lady at our church says she isn't into camping and such. Her idea of roughing it is going into Austin for supper without reservations. Ha!

I didn't realize your kids were so old! Ours are 20, 17, 12, and 10...and the oldest is going to present us with a grandchild in August!

Bob
Bob

May 15th, 2006, 1:03 am #10

Soon to be grandparents! I can wait a few for that one (of course, yours IS married).

Re my diet . . . we went to a barbeque place tonight. They were out of ribs ( ), so I had the brisket (no bun) and a side order of greens. Tasted good, but not very filling. I am looking forward to my sugar-free pudding with low-cal topping for dessert! (I plan to use your strategy once I reach my target weight: Exercise a lot so that I can eat more of what I want . . picking spots to have some of the non-no stuff too).