Greetings, and Happy.......

Greetings, and Happy.......

michaela
michaela

April 10th, 2004, 3:14 am #1

Happy Paska to my fellow Easterners, and Happy Easter to you Westerners. This might be a smidge early, but by tomorrow afternoon I'll be away from home for a long time. To Markos...Christos Anesti...Alithos Anesti!!!

Nat

April 10th, 2004, 1:48 pm #2

"away from home for a long time"? Now that sounds intriguing. To the old land?
Well have a safe trip and hurry back- BFF needs you.
And as a 'westerner'- Happy Easter!

michaela
michaela

April 10th, 2004, 2:39 pm #3

I say a long time because it will be Church. Orthodox Christians spend an enormous amount of time in church all through Holy Week and then when Saturday evening gets here it's off to church again from 23:30-04:00, services and a meal, then on Sunday afternoon again from 13:00-whenever for vespers and then picnic time. PARTY! So no worries, I'm going away, but not really

In case anyone was wondering...I do all this whorshipping brafree, of course! (I'm not entirely sure about this, but I thought I saw one of our ladies moving around a bit in her dress. She might have been, but I didn't stare)

April 10th, 2004, 3:27 pm #4

Happy Paska to my fellow Easterners, and Happy Easter to you Westerners. This might be a smidge early, but by tomorrow afternoon I'll be away from home for a long time. To Markos...Christos Anesti...Alithos Anesti!!!
Thanks for the wishes, and to you too (gzatt, I'm terrible at wishing... sorry).
You're orthodoxian? That interesting, for someone who lives neither in Greece nor Russia. I'm supposed to be too, but that's only in the papers. I don't visit any churches often.

Anudist
Anudist

April 10th, 2004, 4:03 pm #5

Here's hopping that you have a great day!

and

trip.... Where are you going??? With a statement like ...." I will be away for a long time" we hope that its NOT jail!

michaela
michaela

April 10th, 2004, 6:05 pm #6

Thanks for the wishes, and to you too (gzatt, I'm terrible at wishing... sorry).
You're orthodoxian? That interesting, for someone who lives neither in Greece nor Russia. I'm supposed to be too, but that's only in the papers. I don't visit any churches often.
Yes, Orthodox. Remember, America is a land of immigrants. And we have a huge population of Orthodox Christians, from all the Orthodox countries besides, and as well as, Russia and Greece. And, besides the immigrant families and their children, we have a growing number of converts. We still aren't as large as the Roman Catholics or Protestant groups, but it's pretty big.

Nat

April 10th, 2004, 6:37 pm #7

I say a long time because it will be Church. Orthodox Christians spend an enormous amount of time in church all through Holy Week and then when Saturday evening gets here it's off to church again from 23:30-04:00, services and a meal, then on Sunday afternoon again from 13:00-whenever for vespers and then picnic time. PARTY! So no worries, I'm going away, but not really

In case anyone was wondering...I do all this whorshipping brafree, of course! (I'm not entirely sure about this, but I thought I saw one of our ladies moving around a bit in her dress. She might have been, but I didn't stare)
Well I think we can excuse you from BFF for a week under the circumstances.

As for the bra- I've never seen a thing in the Bible about "Thou shall wear a bra"- in church or elsewhere!

michael
michael

April 10th, 2004, 8:33 pm #8

Yes, Orthodox. Remember, America is a land of immigrants. And we have a huge population of Orthodox Christians, from all the Orthodox countries besides, and as well as, Russia and Greece. And, besides the immigrant families and their children, we have a growing number of converts. We still aren't as large as the Roman Catholics or Protestant groups, but it's pretty big.
So for a number of us we get two Christmas' and two Easters -twice the fun twice the stress.

michaela
michaela

April 11th, 2004, 12:37 am #9

Are you also Orthodox?

Eagle-eye
Eagle-eye

April 11th, 2004, 1:24 am #10

Well I think we can excuse you from BFF for a week under the circumstances.

As for the bra- I've never seen a thing in the Bible about "Thou shall wear a bra"- in church or elsewhere!
As a matter of fact God did not say one has to wear clothes. It was not until Adam and Eve ate whatever it was they ate that they realized they were naked. They were the ones, without prompting from God, to make fig leaf coverings. God only made a more permanent version.

By my logic then, we wear clothes (apart from climate comfort) only because pagans and sinners are ill at ease without clothes. Somehow, over the years, these pagans and sinners have convinced a goodly number of christians that we should be the ones to insist everyone must wear clothes. And clothes that have at least a minimum amout of coverage too boot.