Going to Work Naked

Going to Work Naked

BigAl
BigAl

February 8th, 2005, 12:46 am #1

`Just been watching a TV programme with this title. It followed the stories of 3 or 4 people who have the luxury of being able to enjoy naked lifestyles. These included a Lay Chaplain and his wife whose 'church' appeared to be a large wooden shed in the middle of a wood. They had about 10 people who come to their services either clothed or unclothed, but mainly unclothed. Then there was a 56 year old former Sunday School teacher who is now secretary of a naturisat club. The film showed the comments of two people in a delivery van delivering to the premises, who were wondering how to react to being greeted by s'one in the nude. However, in the end they were totally unphased and 'laid back' about it. There was also a couple who have previously been on TV in a programme called 'The Naked Gardeners' who own a stately home (Abbey House, near Swindon in Wiltshire, UK). They garden naked even when the the gardens are open to the public, and most visitors aren't too perturbed by it. The lady, a former model, said that "There is a huge range of responses to nudity. Often people confuse bare flesh with sex, yet I know for certain that if I want to look sexy, I have to dress up". Some of the documentary focused on discussions about whether their nudity could continue because their children, who appeared to be about 10 or 11 years old, were being bullied at school because of their parents' lifestyle. Sad! However, in the end, they decided they could carry on.
It's encouraging to know that their are people in the mainstream who carry out a nude lifestyle, even in public. Mind you, I believe they are milliomnaires, so can probably afford to 'cock a snoot' at the establishment.

peter
peter

February 8th, 2005, 1:05 am #2

Great programme. How do we get it here in Texas?
amazing what can be bought!

michaela
michaela

February 8th, 2005, 1:23 am #3

`Just been watching a TV programme with this title. It followed the stories of 3 or 4 people who have the luxury of being able to enjoy naked lifestyles. These included a Lay Chaplain and his wife whose 'church' appeared to be a large wooden shed in the middle of a wood. They had about 10 people who come to their services either clothed or unclothed, but mainly unclothed. Then there was a 56 year old former Sunday School teacher who is now secretary of a naturisat club. The film showed the comments of two people in a delivery van delivering to the premises, who were wondering how to react to being greeted by s'one in the nude. However, in the end they were totally unphased and 'laid back' about it. There was also a couple who have previously been on TV in a programme called 'The Naked Gardeners' who own a stately home (Abbey House, near Swindon in Wiltshire, UK). They garden naked even when the the gardens are open to the public, and most visitors aren't too perturbed by it. The lady, a former model, said that "There is a huge range of responses to nudity. Often people confuse bare flesh with sex, yet I know for certain that if I want to look sexy, I have to dress up". Some of the documentary focused on discussions about whether their nudity could continue because their children, who appeared to be about 10 or 11 years old, were being bullied at school because of their parents' lifestyle. Sad! However, in the end, they decided they could carry on.
It's encouraging to know that their are people in the mainstream who carry out a nude lifestyle, even in public. Mind you, I believe they are milliomnaires, so can probably afford to 'cock a snoot' at the establishment.
That sounds like a great show. I wonder how nude sub-contracting would go over here in Texas? So far Peter's kilt has been received well. In fact, climping ladders and scaffolds has me thinking I might convert to wearing a kilt too. It would be a lot easier than climbing around in my tight fittin' jeans.

Nat

February 8th, 2005, 1:41 am #4

Well I could just about do that, since I live and work in very secluded places that are near each other on a seldom traveled country road, and I usually see no-one on the way.

As a matter of fact, I have gone to work on ocassions wearing nothing more than shorts and loafers.

tgobg
tgobg

February 8th, 2005, 2:17 am #5

That sounds like a great show. I wonder how nude sub-contracting would go over here in Texas? So far Peter's kilt has been received well. In fact, climping ladders and scaffolds has me thinking I might convert to wearing a kilt too. It would be a lot easier than climbing around in my tight fittin' jeans.
you could advertise yourselves as a scottish contracting team.
Arnold Schwatzenager and Franco Columbo advertised them selves as European brick layers and got lots of work, there is no difference between american brick layers and european, except they had german accents.
So wear the kilts and go for it

BigAl
BigAl

February 8th, 2005, 8:10 am #6

I forgot to say that one group of naked workers were called 'Butlers in the Buff', male nude butlers who attend moderately high class functions to serve the wine, food etc etc. Obviously, this seemed to be very popular wiyh the ladies! One of the people whose fortunes they followed was a Medical Student who used the extra money to prevent his student loan running out of control.

michaela
michaela

February 8th, 2005, 1:15 pm #7

you could advertise yourselves as a scottish contracting team.
Arnold Schwatzenager and Franco Columbo advertised them selves as European brick layers and got lots of work, there is no difference between american brick layers and european, except they had german accents.
So wear the kilts and go for it
You don't know how close you are!
And since we are Peter, me, and our oldest son we have 'clan' in our company name. And we also use the word 'team' when referring to our little group which includes a Mexican American who says he would also wear a kilt on the job if ever he were to get one.

Nat

February 8th, 2005, 3:38 pm #8

I forgot to say that one group of naked workers were called 'Butlers in the Buff', male nude butlers who attend moderately high class functions to serve the wine, food etc etc. Obviously, this seemed to be very popular wiyh the ladies! One of the people whose fortunes they followed was a Medical Student who used the extra money to prevent his student loan running out of control.
What channel was this shown on Al? Probably nothing we can get here in the states.

tgobg
tgobg

February 8th, 2005, 4:15 pm #9

You don't know how close you are!
And since we are Peter, me, and our oldest son we have 'clan' in our company name. And we also use the word 'team' when referring to our little group which includes a Mexican American who says he would also wear a kilt on the job if ever he were to get one.
Does Peter wear the Utilikilts? if so you could buy each employee one and write them off on the taxes as Uniform expenses. Make one day a week a "uniform day" and wear the Kilts and the Company Logo T-shirt.
be sure to post a Team/Clan photo

BigAl
BigAl

February 8th, 2005, 4:16 pm #10

What channel was this shown on Al? Probably nothing we can get here in the states.
Well this was shown on ITV1, but the programme called 'The Naked Gardeners' was shown some time ago on one of the BBC Channels - BBC1, I think.