Freedom

Freedom

Glenda
Glenda

December 22nd, 2003, 11:02 pm #1

Freedom and Femininity

I was wondering … in our envisioned top free culture, what impact will it have on a woman’s femininity when it is applied to her dress and appearance? Would our female breasts (larger, softer) still be female? And with our breasts desexualize in this culture, would they still be a part of our overall attractiveness? Would we, as a woman, still dress in clothes that best compliment our shape to include breasts? Would a top free culture redefine and desexualize the terms see-thru, low cut, and obviously braless?

Of course, these questions are offered in the hypothetical “main stream” top free culture. Also, there is an assumption on my part, that in the procreative and moral human world, “attractive” is not inherently “sexual.”

I may find a man more attractive because of his physical appearance (some things he worked at, and other attributes he inherited), and the way he dresses, but that, in and of itself, is not a “sexual” experience.

Honestly wondering what we all envision.

Kelli
Kelli

December 23rd, 2003, 2:10 am #2

Glenda, what a thought provoking question. I still think that even if we truly became a brafree/topfree world, breasts will still have that desirability that both women and men want. Just tonight we were at a friends home having dinner with 2 other couples and everyone's children aged 1 year to 16 years. Our friend Caryn was telling us about the breast reduction she is having in 2 weeks ( which we all agree she needs ) and she is so excited about it. Her husband though is a little sad, as he really likes her 36DD saggy breasts. Amy and Michelle were joking that they would like to get some of her reduction to give them a little more than their current size A boobs while thier husbands were saying that they do not need any more. It was interesting that none of the men wanted the size of their wives breasts to change. They were happy with the way they looked, and it seemed that only the women would prefer to be different. I don't know where I am going with this response, but I think no matter what, breasts will be desirable wether we wear a bra or not, or wear a top or not.

michaela
michaela

December 23rd, 2003, 3:12 pm #3

It is confirmation that men love their women and are more satisfied and happy with us, our beauty, than we are with ourselves. What has done this to us, gals? The fashion mags, media, movies, etc...??? Those guys are winners!!!

Glenda
Glenda

December 24th, 2003, 1:53 am #4

Glenda, what a thought provoking question. I still think that even if we truly became a brafree/topfree world, breasts will still have that desirability that both women and men want. Just tonight we were at a friends home having dinner with 2 other couples and everyone's children aged 1 year to 16 years. Our friend Caryn was telling us about the breast reduction she is having in 2 weeks ( which we all agree she needs ) and she is so excited about it. Her husband though is a little sad, as he really likes her 36DD saggy breasts. Amy and Michelle were joking that they would like to get some of her reduction to give them a little more than their current size A boobs while thier husbands were saying that they do not need any more. It was interesting that none of the men wanted the size of their wives breasts to change. They were happy with the way they looked, and it seemed that only the women would prefer to be different. I don't know where I am going with this response, but I think no matter what, breasts will be desirable wether we wear a bra or not, or wear a top or not.
Kelli … thank you for sharing the exchange with your friends. I agree with Michaela about supportive husbands (I have one). But also, I have to wonder how much our culture has influenced your “A” friends into thinking they need more? I do believe that in an established top free culture, where women grow up openly seeing and accepting that we all come in different shapes and sizes, self image would not be as negatively impacted.

John Bayko
John Bayko

December 24th, 2003, 2:17 am #5

Freedom and Femininity

I was wondering … in our envisioned top free culture, what impact will it have on a woman’s femininity when it is applied to her dress and appearance? Would our female breasts (larger, softer) still be female? And with our breasts desexualize in this culture, would they still be a part of our overall attractiveness? Would we, as a woman, still dress in clothes that best compliment our shape to include breasts? Would a top free culture redefine and desexualize the terms see-thru, low cut, and obviously braless?

Of course, these questions are offered in the hypothetical “main stream” top free culture. Also, there is an assumption on my part, that in the procreative and moral human world, “attractive” is not inherently “sexual.”

I may find a man more attractive because of his physical appearance (some things he worked at, and other attributes he inherited), and the way he dresses, but that, in and of itself, is not a “sexual” experience.

"I was wondering … in our envisioned top free culture, what impact will it have on a woman’s femininity when it is applied to her dress and appearance? Would our female breasts (larger, softer) still be female? And with our breasts desexualize in this culture, would they still be a part of our overall attractiveness? Would we, as a woman, still dress in clothes that best compliment our shape to include breasts? Would a top free culture redefine and desexualize the terms see-thru, low cut, and obviously braless?"

Do you realise how much women spend on shoes each year?

Bare feet are completely acceptable for women (to an extent, more than for men - women can often wear open-toed shoes in situations men couldn't), yet feet are still considered fairly sexual. Not as much as breasts, but still enough for them to be a major fixation (and occasionally fetish) for both men and women.

I imagine breasts would be considered along those lines.

Nat

December 24th, 2003, 3:18 am #6

Freedom and Femininity

In many parts of Europe and Scandinavia brafree and topfree women have been the common for many years.
They have no breast-fetish like we Americans do, but I'm sure the men consider their women just as appealing.

Scandinavian
Scandinavian

December 24th, 2003, 2:05 pm #7

I wonder why you all think it's so free in Europe and especially Scandinavia. It's not. This summer I went to USA. I felt there was more people not using bra there than in Scandinavia. It was the complete other way 20 years ago, but unfortunately allmost everybody now use bras and very few are topless on the beaches

Kelli
Kelli

December 24th, 2003, 3:09 pm #8

Kelli … thank you for sharing the exchange with your friends. I agree with Michaela about supportive husbands (I have one). But also, I have to wonder how much our culture has influenced your “A” friends into thinking they need more? I do believe that in an established top free culture, where women grow up openly seeing and accepting that we all come in different shapes and sizes, self image would not be as negatively impacted.
Glenda, your right in that our culture/society today has unfortunatly made some women feel less of themselves because they have what they would consider small breasts. I am a 34/36C, depending on the time of the month, and while many people would think that I have a very nice size bust, what they don't realize is that my hips are 38/39 inches, which I think are too big. But, I have accepted the fact that I am "bottom heavy" and to heck with what others might percieve as a "big rear". And yes, I could go get lipo, just as some of my smaller busted girlfriends could get implants, but I am happy with myself, and feel that my inner beauty is much more valuable than my exterior beauty. Hopefully, one day, people will be happy with the way they look. I am sure the homeless and starving and sick people in our country as well as 3rd world countries could care less about having small breasts, or big rears, or cellulite thighs... to them the most important thing is having a place to sleep, food to eat and good health. Maybe one day, people will realize what is truly important in life.

Glenda
Glenda

December 24th, 2003, 4:06 pm #9

"... but I am happy with myself, and feel that my inner beauty is much more valuable than my exterior beauty. ... Maybe one day, people will realize what is truly important in life." (Kelli)

Wonderfully stated Kelli! My "Garden of Eden" theory is ... if we were all naked and didn't know any better, the only curiosity we would be left with is wanting to know more about a person on the inside.

I truly believe top freedom is a step in this direction. Take away the breast mystique, and maybe there will be more focus on the heart and mind.

Nat

December 24th, 2003, 4:29 pm #10

I wonder why you all think it's so free in Europe and especially Scandinavia. It's not. This summer I went to USA. I felt there was more people not using bra there than in Scandinavia. It was the complete other way 20 years ago, but unfortunately allmost everybody now use bras and very few are topless on the beaches
I'm sorry to hear this. From all I've ever heard or read, Europe and Scandinavia has always been much more open minded about breast freedom. I was hoping this would influence Americans into a more tolerant attitude but it sounds like the reverse has happen instead.