First time head shaver

First time head shaver

Josh
Josh

January 4th, 2008, 4:13 am #1

I've been thinking about shaving my head for 2 years now. This week I finally did it for the first time and I have to say I love it. I just wanted to see how many of your shave your heads or are on the fence about it like I was.

I found this cool forum that offers advice, tips, product reviews, as well as other interested stories and issues on the subject.
Feel free to check it out. We could use more members. http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.ph ... redby=1350

Nat

January 4th, 2008, 5:32 am #2

This smells like spam to me but I'll leave it up for now in case anyone wishes to comment on the topic of shaved heads since this is a pretty popular fad now and something we have never discussed here.

Brandon
Brandon

January 4th, 2008, 5:39 am #3

I would never do it, but to each their own.

I think only a few men can really pull it off. Isaac Hayes in his Shaft days looked cool bald and so did Telly Savalas in the Kojak era.

Nat

January 4th, 2008, 6:12 am #4

Well I seem to be adopting this style but not exactly by choice.

Josh
Josh

January 4th, 2008, 7:56 am #5

Nat,

That is the reason why I was on the fence about shaving my head. I finally decided to do it and now I love it. You could always give it a try and let it grow back. That forum I posted has good advice on the topic.

Marseil
Marseil

January 4th, 2008, 8:30 am #6

Well I seem to be adopting this style but not exactly by choice.
I did it twice, at least 10 years ago......

Enough to realize it needed lots of care, like shaving again every few days, I had lots of scars, and my skull was not looking very nice. I was quick to get back to normal style, i.e. with hair. I do trim my own hair quite often, but these days, I need to go to a barber to get a professional haircut, to look ok.

Marseil.

cool beans boi
cool beans boi

January 4th, 2008, 2:09 pm #7

I've been thinking about shaving my head for 2 years now. This week I finally did it for the first time and I have to say I love it. I just wanted to see how many of your shave your heads or are on the fence about it like I was.

I found this cool forum that offers advice, tips, product reviews, as well as other interested stories and issues on the subject.
Feel free to check it out. We could use more members. http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.ph ... redby=1350
But I cannot help saying. Guys with shaved heads are HOT!!!

OK, I will take a cold shower now

Nat

January 4th, 2008, 2:26 pm #8

Nat,

That is the reason why I was on the fence about shaving my head. I finally decided to do it and now I love it. You could always give it a try and let it grow back. That forum I posted has good advice on the topic.
Well it certainly is less maintenance- I've been noticing that! It only takes a minute to wash, dry and comb my hair these days! And I do keep the sides short now to balance out the top and avoid the "bozo" look.

And I'm glad to see you are still here, Josh. A lot of times someone will post a link to another forum or website and you never see them again. I usually delete such posts as they just appear to be unpaid commercials.

Nat

January 4th, 2008, 2:50 pm #9

I did it twice, at least 10 years ago......

Enough to realize it needed lots of care, like shaving again every few days, I had lots of scars, and my skull was not looking very nice. I was quick to get back to normal style, i.e. with hair. I do trim my own hair quite often, but these days, I need to go to a barber to get a professional haircut, to look ok.

Marseil.
Well the true shaved look does require a lot of maintenance since the hair is constantly growing back so- like the face- you would have to shave nearly every day to keep it truly bald. What I'd do is use an electric shaver that leaves a bit of hair- like a military style crew cut. It takes only a minute to run the clipper over it once each week or two. This way you have the low maintenance of almost no hair without constant shaving.

In fact I've done this with my face- since pretty much retiring I've stopped daily shaving and grown a beard. I keep it short but there's no daily shaving now which I always hated.

Nat

January 4th, 2008, 2:54 pm #10

But I cannot help saying. Guys with shaved heads are HOT!!!

OK, I will take a cold shower now
On the contrary, I find since I've gotten pretty bald my head stays cooler.