First the Good News.....

First the Good News.....

David
David

September 17th, 2004, 2:34 am #1

When Teresa Heinz Kerry visited volunteers working in a hurricane relief center in New York City that was packing supplies to be sent to the storm-ravaged Caribbean, she said she was concerned they were packing too many clothes. The Associated Press reports that she said, "Clothing is wonderful, but let them go naked for a while, at least the kids. Water is necessary, and then generators, and then food, and then clothes."

What an enlightened potential First Lady!

David
David

September 17th, 2004, 2:36 am #2

Look what is happening to Dress Codes!!

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/careers ... shiontrend

September 17th, 2004, 10:42 am #3

Sorry David, but a moderate dress code isn't a bad thing. I went to a private school that required ties and dress pants, button shirts with collers, hair above the coller, no sideburns and clean shaven.
Guess what! I lived!
I respect the ideal of self expression however, there is a trend towards a major lack of respect for oneself and others in todays schools. I can name countless times that this has interfeared with the learning process and that is not what schools are about.
A spaghetti strap tank top looks like crap with a bra strap hanging out. An easy fix would be to leave the bras at home. My daughter does this without any problems.
The problem is that if a line is not drawn that the arm holes will become so large that breasts will be falling out all over the place. Now I realize that no gets hurt but, it is a distraction.
I could go on and NO I'm not for conformity or anti self expression.
Maybe we should institute a no clothes allowed dress code.

patco
patco

September 17th, 2004, 12:48 pm #4

"Guess what, I lived" ???
Of course, people can survive to a lot of things, even to worse torture. That doesn't mean it's a good thing.
Why can't some body dress him/herself like he/she wants ???
Why have to dress the recomended way ?
By who is this code written ? By YOU ? Is it YOUR dress code ?

If it is, why not dress like MY dress code ? Why your's should be better than mine or anyone else ???

This is dictature !!! I'm absolutly against it...

And you write : "large that breasts will be falling out all over the place". Maybe I do not understand fully english, it's not my mother's language... But do you realise you're talking about people, about women, not about butcher's meat ???

Sorry but these kind of messages make me out of my mind.

Be free, never listen to anybody trying to make you behave like HE wants...

Nat

September 17th, 2004, 1:12 pm #5

Are you in the Netherlands Patco? How common is brafreedom there?

patco
patco

September 17th, 2004, 2:32 pm #6

No Nat, but not far away...
I'm from France. And brafreedom is not common at all

I've become interested in brafreedom, just because of the opposite ...

My first daugther is 14 yo. She never wears a bra except for sports, and she's about B cup I would say.

Six months ago, I wanted to find some arguments to make her wear a bra (because of the image, the fear of sagging and so on... )
So I went thru the internet to find arguments in favour of the bra (yes, I wrote in favour)

... and ...

What I found was amazing, just the opposite of the arguments I was seeking... the increasing risk of cancer and other illness (my wife always had some pain in her back), the everyday torture of wearing a bra (I found a comparison with a tie... and I hate ties)

So, the day I found all this, I spoke to my wife, telling her everything I found. From that day, she never wore a bra anymore. To say nothing about my daughter...

Sorry, it was a bit long, juste to tell it's not very common in France... but I'm fighting for it

Nat

September 17th, 2004, 4:48 pm #7

I'm sorry to hear that France has changed. I remember in the 1960s France was one of first countries I heard about where women were going brafree, before any were doing it here. But many countries where brafreedom was popular in '60s & '70s are much into bra-wearing now. But with the new health information coming to light, I think many more women will start discarding bras as your wife and daughter have done.

Pat
Pat

September 18th, 2004, 6:52 am #8

No Nat, but not far away...
I'm from France. And brafreedom is not common at all

I've become interested in brafreedom, just because of the opposite ...

My first daugther is 14 yo. She never wears a bra except for sports, and she's about B cup I would say.

Six months ago, I wanted to find some arguments to make her wear a bra (because of the image, the fear of sagging and so on... )
So I went thru the internet to find arguments in favour of the bra (yes, I wrote in favour)

... and ...

What I found was amazing, just the opposite of the arguments I was seeking... the increasing risk of cancer and other illness (my wife always had some pain in her back), the everyday torture of wearing a bra (I found a comparison with a tie... and I hate ties)

So, the day I found all this, I spoke to my wife, telling her everything I found. From that day, she never wore a bra anymore. To say nothing about my daughter...

Sorry, it was a bit long, juste to tell it's not very common in France... but I'm fighting for it
Bienvenue a BFF, Patco! Bonne sante! Great to hear that some of the information on the connections between breast binding and breast health is traveling around the world. As has been mentioned many times on this forum, see also: http://www.007b.com
In regards to the post about dress codes and personal freedom, I saw a great bumper sticker today at work, which said, "That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway."

Mike
Mike

September 19th, 2004, 6:25 am #9

Sorry David, but a moderate dress code isn't a bad thing. I went to a private school that required ties and dress pants, button shirts with collers, hair above the coller, no sideburns and clean shaven.
Guess what! I lived!
I respect the ideal of self expression however, there is a trend towards a major lack of respect for oneself and others in todays schools. I can name countless times that this has interfeared with the learning process and that is not what schools are about.
A spaghetti strap tank top looks like crap with a bra strap hanging out. An easy fix would be to leave the bras at home. My daughter does this without any problems.
The problem is that if a line is not drawn that the arm holes will become so large that breasts will be falling out all over the place. Now I realize that no gets hurt but, it is a distraction.
I could go on and NO I'm not for conformity or anti self expression.
Maybe we should institute a no clothes allowed dress code.
Its only a distraction if the students let it distract them. These schools need to deal with the kids who are getting distracted not the ones who are supposedly causing the distractions, they mean no harm, theyre just trying to express themselves the best way they know how, if these kids cannot keep from getting distracted so easily then they need help or need to go someplace to learn where they wont be so easily distracted. The schools basically dont give a damn about the student's freedoms or comforts, they just worry about their own prejudices and want to push their weight around and make these students wear what they feel is right for them and in putting these dress codes in schools they infringe on the parent's right to be able to chose for their own children and for the children themselves to have their own freedom to express themselves. of course sometimes they do go too far but unless they can be shown to be deliberately causing a distraction then the other students and teachers just need to get a life and get back on task. These dress code things really disturb me and I think if they can get away with this, imagine what other nonsense they could get away with.

Mike
Mike

September 19th, 2004, 6:29 am #10

"Guess what, I lived" ???
Of course, people can survive to a lot of things, even to worse torture. That doesn't mean it's a good thing.
Why can't some body dress him/herself like he/she wants ???
Why have to dress the recomended way ?
By who is this code written ? By YOU ? Is it YOUR dress code ?

If it is, why not dress like MY dress code ? Why your's should be better than mine or anyone else ???

This is dictature !!! I'm absolutly against it...

And you write : "large that breasts will be falling out all over the place". Maybe I do not understand fully english, it's not my mother's language... But do you realise you're talking about people, about women, not about butcher's meat ???

Sorry but these kind of messages make me out of my mind.

Be free, never listen to anybody trying to make you behave like HE wants...
Youre right, id rather have a girl having her boob hanging out and having her feel free and confident and not feel nervous or embarassed about expressing herself, rather than having her feel she has to hide her breast like its some naughty evil thing and that if someone sees it she gets damned for life. I dont like how people act when they see a breast "omg, its a breast!!!!!" its childish and immature and people need to get a life and deal with whats important and not let such silly things bother them.