Ebay gender test

Ebay gender test

Nat

September 16th, 2005, 1:13 pm #1

This may be a little off topic (do we ever get off topic at BFF?) but I thought you might enjoy this little real life test of your observing powers (which could be applicable to brafreedom).

This is an actual photo that was posted on Ebay to sell a table. My daughter says she is sure that this table is being sold by a man. How did she know? Apparently she is pretty observant (more then me because it took me for ever to spot the giveaway clue).

September 16th, 2005, 1:26 pm #2

I spotted the clue before the picture finished opening. That is funny. Do you suppose he knew?

Nat

September 16th, 2005, 1:35 pm #3

I guess I keep my screen too-dark! (easier on the eyes) because I didn't notice it until I turned up the brightness.

I won't say anymore right now and spoil it for others.

September 16th, 2005, 2:39 pm #4

I hope I didn't spoil it!

Boreas
Boreas

September 16th, 2005, 3:12 pm #5

This may be a little off topic (do we ever get off topic at BFF?) but I thought you might enjoy this little real life test of your observing powers (which could be applicable to brafreedom).

This is an actual photo that was posted on Ebay to sell a table. My daughter says she is sure that this table is being sold by a man. How did she know? Apparently she is pretty observant (more then me because it took me for ever to spot the giveaway clue).

I wonder how much of the liquid refreshments pictured were inside the seller at the time of this picture.

Melissa
Melissa

September 16th, 2005, 3:26 pm #6

I spotted the clue before the picture finished opening. That is funny. Do you suppose he knew?
I've heard that this kind of thing is pretty common for people to do on ebay pics, so it's probably on purpose.

EuropeMan
EuropeMan

September 17th, 2005, 7:42 am #7

Sure, the sample is quite limited, but I was wondering which option was the best:

- apparently the ones who found it the soonest were women. Is it that they are better observers?
- or, would men have found it sooner if the seller was a woman?
- or, is the best help the slowness of the line?

September 17th, 2005, 1:47 pm #8

Good Questions. Clearly the test would be best if all were taking it with the highest speed and monitors set the same. Did I see it right away because my computer gives me the picture from top to bottom slowly? Or would I have seen it that fast anyway? I don't know. (I don't really care that much, I just think it was funny, and still wonder if people do that on purpose.)

Nat

September 17th, 2005, 2:54 pm #9

Yeah, once I finally saw it I wondered how I could have been so blind, but I kept concentrating on the table and furniture and as I said I keep my monitor set rather low- works fine for text but you do miss details in pictures.

(spoiler below- as if everyone hasn't figured this out now)

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
As for was it deliberate of thoughtless? At first I though it might be inadvertant- because some people do like to be nude at home and I can see taking a picture without thinking about the mirror but once he saw the photo he was bound to have noticed- but posted it anyway.

Charlie
Charlie

September 17th, 2005, 3:03 pm #10

I've lost the link, but a few months ago, there was a series of tools for sale on E-bay. The tools were pictured in the grasp of a braless, t-shirted woman who posed with the item held in front of her chest for the camera.

The last item on the list of tools was "Photos of the Tool Model"