Drew Barrymore on Leno

Drew Barrymore on Leno

Nat

January 12th, 2002, 8:18 am #1

Did any of you catch Drew Barrymore on the Jay Leno show tonight? She was as conspicuously braless as anyone I've seen on TV in a long time. Not that this is anything new for her. I think she has been braless every time I've ever seen her on TV. I remember several years ago she caused quite a stir when she pulled up her shirt on the David Letterman show and "flashed' Dave. (To the frustration of many, her back was to the camera at this point so all the audience saw was her very bare strap-free back.)

I suppose I bring this up here to speculate if more stars would appear on TV this way, would it encourage ordinary women to think- if she can go braless- why can't I? What do you think?

Susan
Susan

January 14th, 2002, 7:35 pm #2

Women go bra-free for comfort, freedom, and for health reasons. Mainstream women who wear bras are not going to be influenced by someone like Drew Barrymore. If a respectable woman is bra-free in a tasteful way, then, yes, I think that it may influence them to give it a try. Drew Barrymore braless is a borderline wet T-shirt contest. The majority of women are turned-off by this.

Nat
Nat

January 15th, 2002, 4:34 am #3

Yes Susan, I can see your point. It may be more harmful than good for bralessness to be associated with such people. The problem is that no-one else (as far as I know) is going braless on TV these days. It was very common back in the 1970s and there were some good role models (like Bonnie Franklin on "One day at a time" or Marlo Thomas on "That girl". But who does it now?

-Nat

Nat
Nat

January 15th, 2002, 5:36 am #4

Women go bra-free for comfort, freedom, and for health reasons. Mainstream women who wear bras are not going to be influenced by someone like Drew Barrymore. If a respectable woman is bra-free in a tasteful way, then, yes, I think that it may influence them to give it a try. Drew Barrymore braless is a borderline wet T-shirt contest. The majority of women are turned-off by this.
I admit I don't get to watch a lot of TV these days, so maybe there is more brafree women on than I realize. Maybe we should have our BFF 'members' report sightings of brafree TV women that promote a positive image.

-Nat

Tony Sneath
Tony Sneath

January 21st, 2002, 8:17 am #5

Over here in the UK few gardening enthusiasts will not have heard of Charlie Dimmock on the BBC's Ground Force.

Karl
Karl

January 23rd, 2002, 9:26 pm #6

I had never heard of Charlie Dimmock before Tony Sneath mentioned her in his post. Yes, she is very braless!! Thanks, Tony, for introducing me to Charlie!!

justin
justin

January 27th, 2002, 2:11 pm #7

Over here in the UK few gardening enthusiasts will not have heard of Charlie Dimmock on the BBC's Ground Force.
I live in the US. That Show can only be found here on BBCAmerica on cable tv. My dad gets it on his sattelite service.
I dont live with him now, but when I did i loved to watch the show. It was not until the tthird time i saw the show that i realized she was brafree. Odd, I thought that i did not notice earlier. I did notice evertime since then though. And I respect and enjoy the show even more now. I hope she will be seen as a great role-model to everybody that watches her show.
:-)

Tony Sneath
Tony Sneath

January 27th, 2002, 10:31 pm #8

Im pleased that Ground Force is available on the other side of the pond. For those not in the know, the Ground Force team does a makeover on peoples gardens with the owner sent away conveniently for the weekend. The owner gets back at 5pm on Sunday to the "Big Surprise". The team consists of Alan Tichmarsh , a gardening expert and sometime Daytime TV Presenter. Tommy Walsh, brickie (WITHOUT a Dagenham Cleavage!!) and always seen with a mug of tea, and of course Charlie Dimmock with a lions mane of wild red hair. She seems to do more donkey work than anybody else. I guess she doesnt wear the titsling because it restricts her ability to swing that spade if any of the girls onsite can confirm or deny
Cheers
Tony

Nat
Nat

February 2nd, 2002, 12:24 pm #9

There's a nice webpage about Charlie Dimmock at:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Satellite/1311/

Interviews and photos.

frankly
frankly

February 28th, 2003, 12:16 am #10

Im pleased that Ground Force is available on the other side of the pond. For those not in the know, the Ground Force team does a makeover on peoples gardens with the owner sent away conveniently for the weekend. The owner gets back at 5pm on Sunday to the "Big Surprise". The team consists of Alan Tichmarsh , a gardening expert and sometime Daytime TV Presenter. Tommy Walsh, brickie (WITHOUT a Dagenham Cleavage!!) and always seen with a mug of tea, and of course Charlie Dimmock with a lions mane of wild red hair. She seems to do more donkey work than anybody else. I guess she doesnt wear the titsling because it restricts her ability to swing that spade if any of the girls onsite can confirm or deny
Cheers
Tony
its just you repressed brits that would get off an an overweight manly red-headed pasty white brit like dimmock. she must weigh 175 lbs.