Dior ----- "NUDE" look for Spring 2006

Dior ----- "NUDE" look for Spring 2006

Anudist
Anudist

October 7th, 2005, 12:57 pm #1

From the fashion files:

Dior released its Spring 2006 collection in France this week and the "NUDE" look is in. So far few photos have been posted to the web but if you do a Google Search, more and more pictures of the collection are arriving as you read this.

The point of the collection is to make it light and breezy. There are some with definite breast baring (or at least) exposing pieces to the collection.

Question is, will the trend take???

Wonder who will wear Dior to the Oscars in 2006.

Nat

October 7th, 2005, 2:15 pm #2

Hi-fashion models have been brafree for years but it never seems to filter down to the woman on the street.

Bob
Bob

October 7th, 2005, 4:18 pm #3

From the fashion files:

Dior released its Spring 2006 collection in France this week and the "NUDE" look is in. So far few photos have been posted to the web but if you do a Google Search, more and more pictures of the collection are arriving as you read this.

The point of the collection is to make it light and breezy. There are some with definite breast baring (or at least) exposing pieces to the collection.

... is here: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/colle ... view/CDIOR

October 7th, 2005, 5:41 pm #4

From the fashion files:

Those are some dishy duds. Would be interested in seeing them on some women with more than just skin on their bones. I'll bet those girls can't even walk up a flight of stairs since they have starved all their muscle completely away. That is very sad. All that for clothes.

John
John

October 7th, 2005, 5:48 pm #5

I wonder if you could wear the more revealing outfits in public withuot having a complaint against you?

just a somebody
just a somebody

October 7th, 2005, 6:25 pm #6

From the fashion files:

funny thing....

I remember Dior as being for the more "mature" woman. These fashions appear to be for the younger set.

Nat

October 7th, 2005, 7:42 pm #7

Well that's certainly true of the orginal Christian Dior who revolutionized fashion just after WW-II but he is long dead and I don't know who is doing the line now.

It has been my observation however that what you see at these fashion shows have little effect on what the average woman on the street wears.

Bob
Bob

October 8th, 2005, 11:16 pm #8

Most women (American anyway) are not going to wear any of this stuff because its designed for the starving woman. The typical woman who (fortunately) does not have an eating disorder won't look the same . . nor should they . . but the look they are after depends upon being ultra-thin.

The other problem with designer clothes is that they are usually impractical for everyday wear. I think most women would be hard-pressed to find many occasions to wear top fashion designers' over-priced duds.

October 9th, 2005, 10:31 pm #9

Well that's certainly true of the orginal Christian Dior who revolutionized fashion just after WW-II but he is long dead and I don't know who is doing the line now.

It has been my observation however that what you see at these fashion shows have little effect on what the average woman on the street wears.
To tell you the truth, I cannot see the point of haute couturew because, as you say, it's generally totally impractical and certainly the bra-free/sheer fabric look never hits the High Street (not in appreciable numbers anyway).

I alweays remember Vivienne Westwood being interviewed on TV once and the interviewer asked her to define what was meant by 'haute couture' and she just opened and shut her mouthg like a goldfish a few times, and failed to make any intelligible response

Charlie
Charlie

October 9th, 2005, 11:39 pm #10

From the fashion files:

From The Telegraph (UK) Fashion section:

The New Look meets the nude look

Slide show embedded in the article. (Dior and Miyake in particular)

If this is the fall collection, I can just see the headline for the next season:
  • "Nipples Big this Winter"
Heh....