Cowboys and freeballing

Cowboys and freeballing

Tom
Tom

November 29th, 2009, 9:10 am #1

I have been to a few western wear stores that sell "cowboy cut" jeans. If you take a look at the jeans, they ate cut to be TIGHT. I mean skin tight. If you look at the fabric content, they have spandex and cotton in them.

So my question is do you think cowboys are freeballing under those jeans?

paul
paul

November 29th, 2009, 9:52 am #2

when i lived in Louisiana (not true cowboy country) i didn't know any who wore underwear. it was the people of Louisiana who got me freeballing. So i guess that the case they freeball.

Bubba
Bubba

December 1st, 2009, 2:48 am #3

I have been to a few western wear stores that sell "cowboy cut" jeans. If you take a look at the jeans, they ate cut to be TIGHT. I mean skin tight. If you look at the fabric content, they have spandex and cotton in them.

I am Texas born and raised (alpine to be exact) not to sure of any one wearing underwear with their jeans. really ain't room, or a need for em

Newd
Newd

December 4th, 2009, 3:54 am #4

I know a cowboy in southwestern Kansas who's the hottest, hairiest and cutest guy you can imagine and he's a freeballer. He really fills out those Wranglers!

December 4th, 2009, 7:51 pm #5

when i lived in Louisiana (not true cowboy country) i didn't know any who wore underwear. it was the people of Louisiana who got me freeballing. So i guess that the case they freeball.
It is too hot and humid to wear underwear in Louisiana!

December 4th, 2009, 7:57 pm #6

There is no need to wear underwear with jeans. For me wearing underwear while riding a horse would be very uncomfortable.

Alexsport
Alexsport

December 22nd, 2009, 12:13 am #7

U r right! cowboy jeans are tight and there is no room or UW under them! so I am guessing cowboys and cowboy wannabees dont wear UW. years ago i used to go to a country bar here in S Florida and my jeans were really tight, i could not have been able to wear UW even if i wanted to. most of the guys in the bar (was a str8 bar in case anybody wondered)seemed to be fballing too

Texas Cowboy
Texas Cowboy

January 20th, 2010, 7:10 pm #8

I am a working cowboy in Texas. I dont even own any underwear and none of the cowboys i work with do either. I always wear skintight slim fit cowboy cut wranglers size 28x38. There is no way any cowboy could or would wear underwear with their wranglers as they are just too dam tight and it is too dam hot. I also wear skintight leather shot gun chaps over my tight wranglers with high heeled pointed toe tall cowboy boots and spurs. I dont wear any socks either as again the boots are too tight and it is too hot anyway.

Alexander L. Wade
Alexander L. Wade

January 22nd, 2010, 4:29 am #9

The good gray New York Times did an article several years ago on coybuycut Wranglers. They stated that coyboys DO NOT wear underwear. About the same time the Wall Street Journal had a front page headline; "Mens' Underwear; The bottoms have dropped out."

February 16th, 2010, 12:11 am #10

If the "cowboy cut" jeans you found have "other things" in them other than cotton, like spandex or some polyester blend items, they are NOT real "cowboy" jeans--period. You've found some "hi-jacked" version of real jeans, I suspect.

In reality, there are many "cuts" of jeans, like Levi 505s or 550s (550s being looser cut), zipper or buttons, etc. There used to be "bell bottom" and "flare" legs (remember those Nat?) and now we have "regular" or "boot cut" legs. To me, if a brand of jeans calls themselves "cowboy cut" and are not Levis or Wranglers, they are not "real jeans".

As for all "cowboy cut" jeans being tight, that does not have to be, but due to the leaner cuts and more generous cuts, the "tightness" factor is up to the purchaser rather than being a feature of "cowboy cut". The man who made Wrangler the brand it is today, mentioned that one feature that made Wranglers different from Levis was that Wranglers had enough room in them to be comfortable in the saddle all day long (which would probalby translate into looser in the seat and crotch areas, with "normal" leg cuts). Levis' claim to fame was the riveted pockets, which allowed miners to fill their pockets with potential gold ore and them not come unstitched.

Levis and Wranglers fit different people different ways with no one universal or generic sizing. Just as female Rockies are known to be skin-tight on many females . . . some who shouldn't have been wearing them to start with.

When I started to freeball, I did some research to see what the freeballers I was around preferred, then I went shopping on my own. I'd seen some guys who would use the tighter fits (usually much leaner guys, well equipped) to their advantage, but not all of them dressed that snugly.

Denim jeans are about comfort more than anything else. Adding spandex and other threads to them puts them in the "high style, high cost" orientation, for me.

So, forget the idea that all "cowboy" jeans are supposed to be "tight", because they are not. They can be at the purchaser's/wearer's discretion, whether male or female.

Regards,
cdadbr

Confirmation of reply: