Confirmation

Confirmation

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 3rd, 2004, 1:54 am #1

Today was my second bra-ed day this week and I wore a thin knit sweater with a crocheted sweater/jacket. Upon pulling out of the parking lot, I shed the bra. I stopped at Eckerds on the way home and, obviously brafree, and the 50-something cashier complimented my sweater. Many of you have suggested a compliment as a method of recognizing brafree status. I think that's what I experienced! BFree tomorrow--a majority of the week comfortable for me! Onward to every day....

michaela
michaela

September 3rd, 2004, 10:59 am #2

That's terrific! You are right about the compliment. If the cashier hadn't liked your bra free appearence, probably nothing would have been said, even if she did like the sweater. This is good news for you. Do you feel a teensy bit more comfortable in public because of it?

September 3rd, 2004, 3:54 pm #3

Today was my second bra-ed day this week and I wore a thin knit sweater with a crocheted sweater/jacket. Upon pulling out of the parking lot, I shed the bra. I stopped at Eckerds on the way home and, obviously brafree, and the 50-something cashier complimented my sweater. Many of you have suggested a compliment as a method of recognizing brafree status. I think that's what I experienced! BFree tomorrow--a majority of the week comfortable for me! Onward to every day....
I think you got the seal of approval there Eiffel - good for him, good for you, and you weren't even wearing one of those "I am not wearing any underwear T shirts"!

Good luck - tell us us about any other reactions. Actually it is more important to learn how to handle the negative reactions than the positive ones.

<font color=”551188” face="Helvetica"> Michael </font>
[color=blue" face="Helvetica]”Just Do It!”[/color]

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 3rd, 2004, 11:06 pm #4

Yes, dealing with negatives would be hard but the positives help build the confidence to face them. So far the only negatives have been from my mother but she's getting used to it now. I managed three BF days at work this week--probably better than I'll do this weekend! Thanks for the encouragement.

michaela
michaela

September 4th, 2004, 12:44 am #5

Why won't you do as well during the weekend, pray tell? What are your plans? You can't be free on this three day weekend?

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 4th, 2004, 1:44 pm #6

Well, we'll be playing golf with another couple and I'm not sure that they wouldn't be uncomfortable since it would be pretty obvious. On the other hand, we're going to dinner with them and some others tonight on the patio at Central Market and I'll be BF. I suppose the movement during golf is why I hesitate. I'm not quite as daring as Mona! Maybe I will--we'll see.

michaela
michaela

September 4th, 2004, 1:57 pm #7

Have you ever been able to play golf BF before, and notice whether there is a lot of movement? I was completely amazed when I resumed cycling after running brafree. There was so little movement by comparison. I didn't expect that, and I was surprised.

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 4th, 2004, 3:06 pm #8

Well, we'll be playing golf with another couple and I'm not sure that they wouldn't be uncomfortable since it would be pretty obvious. On the other hand, we're going to dinner with them and some others tonight on the patio at Central Market and I'll be BF. I suppose the movement during golf is why I hesitate. I'm not quite as daring as Mona! Maybe I will--we'll see.
With your encouragement Michaela, I'm going free today with just a light camisole to minimize the sway. I decided that since it's my birthday today I should do what I want, not what I think others want. A little self centered perhaps, but what the heck. I'll go for a BF weekend....

Eiffel
Eiffel

September 4th, 2004, 3:09 pm #9

Have you ever been able to play golf BF before, and notice whether there is a lot of movement? I was completely amazed when I resumed cycling after running brafree. There was so little movement by comparison. I didn't expect that, and I was surprised.
Actually I have a few times before the weather got so hot and made a camisole so uncomfortable. It's not too bad, but with cool summer shirts, a bit noticeable. Today I'm wearing a printed shirt, not a solid, so it should be ok in all respects. Will report back later. It will be interesting to see if my friend notices and then goes without hers in the future.

michaela
michaela

September 4th, 2004, 3:30 pm #10

With your encouragement Michaela, I'm going free today with just a light camisole to minimize the sway. I decided that since it's my birthday today I should do what I want, not what I think others want. A little self centered perhaps, but what the heck. I'll go for a BF weekend....
That is not a self centered attitude at all, Eiffel! We women need to turn our thinking around when it come to giving priority to ourselves, and our bodies, at least in some things. We have for so long put ourselves last so that the others we love can come first. But as for our own positive body image, we need to think of ourselves more.

I am very proud of you, Eiffel, and I will be thinking of you while you are out and about this weekend in your comfy brafree way. Blessing to you for a very happy birthday! God grant you many years!