Chevrolet 789

Chevrolet 789

Bob
Bob

February 15th, 2008, 1:04 am #1

Is this not one of the coolest cars you have ever seen?

You can have one for a mere $135,000.

Unbelievable! The company, n2a Motors, is planning a production run of about 100 vehicles.

Sits on a Corvette C6 chassis, front styled like a 57 Chevy, side like a 58, rear like a 59. Hence the designation "789".

Nat

February 15th, 2008, 1:40 am #2

Wow this is a cool looking car Bob! I've been wondering when (if ever) some smart guy was going to revive the classic styling of the 1950s-60s to jazz up the bland boring cars of today.

It certainly looks like a 50 year flashback- except for the large hub wheels. I would love this to be a big success and inspire a comeback of bold '50s styling- but at $135K most would-be buyers can only look and drool.

Bob
Bob

February 15th, 2008, 2:21 am #3

If the initial sales (wealthy and collectors, for obvious reasons) go well, we could hope the car is produced in numbers that would allow the price to drop considerably.

While we're talking cars (Ohio State promo here), this is officially the coolest car in Ohio!:

Nat

February 15th, 2008, 2:37 am #4

Clothes go back to classic styles all the time so it seems strange that cars haven't done so up to now.
Ofcourse, today they would have to meet government safety and mileage requirements which may require some compromises but I still think cars could look a lot more exciting than they do now.

February 16th, 2008, 5:18 am #5

Unbelievable! The company, n2a Motors, is planning a production run of about 100 vehicles.

Sits on a Corvette C6 chassis, front styled like a 57 Chevy, side like a 58, rear like a 59. Hence the designation "789".

Great car! It has the '57 front and the '59 back.
Bravo Chevrolet for bringing back the classics!

Brandon
Brandon

February 17th, 2008, 2:25 am #6

That is one awesome car and I don't use that word much.

Even if I could afford one, not sure I could enjoy it. I'd be so scared of scratching it or denting it, I'd never want to take it out of the garage.

My dream car is a 68 Pontiac GTO.

Bob
Bob

February 18th, 2008, 1:05 am #7

Its the 1960's again . . . .

http://objflicks.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm

Nat

February 18th, 2008, 2:20 am #8

That's a great find Bob. Really does take you back. The good and the bad, mostly the good.
Who would have thought back then that nearly a half century later so many things would be worse today?

I notice they have a lot of other stuff on that website.
It's going to take some time to explore it all but it should be worth it.

Bob
Bob

February 18th, 2008, 2:35 am #9

A friend sent me an e-mail showing families from various countries and the amounts of food (and cost, in the local currency and U.S. dollars) that each consumes in a week. Without going to the effort to copy all the pics individually, and the text for each, I don't know how to reproduce it here. Very interesting though.

Nat

February 18th, 2008, 3:27 am #10

If it contains a weblink you can post the link.
Well if it's text you can copy and paste it.
If it contains photos and graphics you can make a screen shot and post that.