Charlie Dimmock

Charlie Dimmock

January 5th, 2005, 10:03 pm #1

Members of this Forum will doubtless be saddened to learn that Charlie Dimmock's mother and stepfather are missing following the tsunami in Phuket. This was being reported on the BBC and in the UK national press today. She lives only about 12 miles from where I live and has been seen eating out in the town where I live.

Regarding her bralessness - I would love to be proven wrong, but I can't help feeling that she has been a bit disingenuous when she says that she is bra-free for comfort whilst gardening. This is because, although I haven't seen that many shows since Alan Titchmarsh left Groundforce, I don't think I've ever noticed Charlie being bra-free.

Nat
Nat

January 5th, 2005, 11:46 pm #2

Very sorry to hear Charlie's parents are missing. I hope that they will be found ok, but after this long, the odds are against it.

As for Charlie's brafreedom, I don't usually watch this show, and I don't know anything official, but I wonder if since the show is now shown in the US if the BBC feels us US prunes will be less accepting of Charlie brafreedom? I know that last year when they came over here to do some shows Charlie was uncharacteristicly bound-up.

January 6th, 2005, 4:43 pm #3

No, I think it is more to do with what I call 'Alan Titchmarsh Factor'. Charlie also used to do (?still does?) a programme of her own called 'Charlie's Garden Army', where, by special request she (helped by the local populace) creates a garden designed to be of communal benefit. In most of these these preogrammes she was seldom, if ever bra-free. I also wondered if it was something to do with the fact that she often had a lot of children helping on these porogrammes and 'children should not be 3exposed to mammaries off the leash!'.

JB
JB

January 7th, 2005, 3:03 am #4

Well I think that would imply that there is something wrong with breasts or with not wearing a bra. It's not like she would be running about the garden naked.

EuropeMan
EuropeMan

January 7th, 2005, 4:32 am #5

No, I think it is more to do with what I call 'Alan Titchmarsh Factor'. Charlie also used to do (?still does?) a programme of her own called 'Charlie's Garden Army', where, by special request she (helped by the local populace) creates a garden designed to be of communal benefit. In most of these these preogrammes she was seldom, if ever bra-free. I also wondered if it was something to do with the fact that she often had a lot of children helping on these porogrammes and 'children should not be 3exposed to mammaries off the leash!'.
'children should not be exposed to mammaries off the leash!'

I had understood that the "mammaries" were intended to feed the children...

Dave
Dave

January 7th, 2005, 5:50 am #6

Yeah, that's what I was thinking- must be hard breast feeding with a bra on.

BigAl
BigAl

January 7th, 2005, 10:32 am #7

Well, I was only trying to come up with possible reasons why Charlie is almost invariably bra-free on Groundforce, but seldom if ever is on the new series (where Alan Titchmarsh is no longer present) or in Charlie's Garden Army (AT still not present, but children frequently present). Can you think up any better reasons, other that that Charlie's stated reason for bralessness (more comfotable when doing that kind of activity) was somewhat disingenuous.(and was probably more to do with viewer ratings in the UK). As I said in my original posting on this thread, I would like to be proven wrong on this.

Nat

January 7th, 2005, 3:23 pm #8

I would think as notorious as Charlie was for her brafreedom that someone from the press would ask her why the big change.

BigAl
BigAl

January 7th, 2005, 4:58 pm #9

To be honest I don't think it is a "sudden change". I think it's more a case of 'Different show = different behaviour' regrettably!

Nat

January 7th, 2005, 5:53 pm #10

I'm not sure I understand here.
Are you saying Charlie's brafreedom was for 'showbiz' purposes rather than a genuine lifestyle preference?