CBosley (more)

CBosley (more)

Anudist
Anudist

January 25th, 2004, 6:17 pm #1

Okay, I have been gone for a few days and wanted to make a comment on this issue. Okay, maybe its more than one comment.

1. First she was working in Ohio which does have a more conservative bent to it.

2. I am sure that there is much much more than is being said on the internet. First, she resigned rather than being fired from what I saw in the news reports. Firing her would have been difficult because, grounds, would have to be made and that would have set off a firestorm of other things; she may not have wanted to expose other areas of her life.

and

3. No one commented on her lack of tanlines --- ANYWHERE! The other contestants shown all had tanlines but not CB,therefore, I think that CB has more going on than just a little innocent wet tshirt contest. NONETHELESS, as a nudist myself, I applaud her for her lack of tanlines.

I just have to wonder if she was/is not into more than just the contest.... only time will tell.

Anudist
Anudist

January 25th, 2004, 6:24 pm #2

I couldn't find anything in THIS forum from her side.

Attached is HER side of the story.

CORRECTION: Ohio Anchor Resigns Over Nude Photos
Catherine Bosley Says She Was Celebrating Life
CORRECTION: A headline on this website erroneously reported Tuesday that Youngstown anchor Catherine Bosley, of WKBN-TV, was fired from her job after nude photographs of her surfaced on the Internet. The story was provided by our partner website, NewsNet5.com in Cleveland. Bosley, in fact, resigned from her position at WKBN. We regret the error.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Members of the media are expected to represent the community with the utmost class and respect, Cleveland TV station WEWS reported.

Video

SLIDESHOW: Wet T-Shirt Contest

But one northeast Ohio news anchor went to an extreme she never thought would catch up to her -- until she made national news -- on the wrong side of the camera.

Catherine Bosley, a news anchor for 10 years at WKBN in Youngstown, Ohio, was used to having her picture taken.

However, someone took pictures of her after she stripped naked during a wet T-shirt contest while she was vacationing in Key West, Fla., last year with her husband.

"It was just a spur of the moment, silly, irresponsible thing to do that I regretted a great deal the next morning," Bosley said.

She lived with the secret for 10 months until the pictures showed up on the Internet about a week ago. Now she's out of a job.

"I felt like I disappointed myself. I felt like I disappointed God. And should anything like this get out, I disappointed this entire community," Bosley said.

She claims she had just recovered from a deadly lung disease and wanted to celebrate life.

"It was 20 to 30 minutes of my life. It didn't hurt anybody. I didn't do anything obscene. It was funny at the time," Bosley said.

"I know that I have to set a standard and I'm a bit of a role model so I take responsibility for what I'm supposed to be held up to," she said. "This definitely goes down in one of those categories of what was I thinking? What was I thinking?"

Bosley said she asked bouncers at the bar where the contest was held if the contest would be a part of the "Girls Gone Wild" video, or if anything would make it to the national level. They said no.

Bosley is working with a lawyer to determine if any action can be taken against the bar.
Copyright 2004 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Anudist
Anudist

January 25th, 2004, 6:35 pm #3

Before I show the following link to Good Morning America, I will bet that Playboy will soon be in hot pursuit of this "model" and that she'll soon be in the pages of Playboy!

In the LONG term, this was probally a career move for her and with her looks, a movie will probally be made of it and it will live on in infamy!

Catherine Bosley, the Wet T-Shirt News Anchor, Appears on GMA
Well, now Catherine Bosley has taken her story nationally. She appeared on ABC NEWS' Good Morning America this week, claiming she had never even seen a wet T-shirt contest before she joined one in a Key West, Fla., bar nearly a year ago. Uh huh. But it took more than a year before the video of the contest surfaced on the Internet before she was forced to resign. The news director at Bosley's former station their Web site, saying "I will not compromise the integrity and professionalism of WKBN News. I did not sign on to run a tabloid news department, and the employees of WKBN did not sign on to work at one." For a link to the wet t-shirt contest photos click here. (Warning: Not Safe For Work)

// posted by Bob @ 1/21/2004 06:49:41 AM

Kath
Kath

January 25th, 2004, 7:11 pm #4

Okay, I have been gone for a few days and wanted to make a comment on this issue. Okay, maybe its more than one comment.

1. First she was working in Ohio which does have a more conservative bent to it.

2. I am sure that there is much much more than is being said on the internet. First, she resigned rather than being fired from what I saw in the news reports. Firing her would have been difficult because, grounds, would have to be made and that would have set off a firestorm of other things; she may not have wanted to expose other areas of her life.

and

3. No one commented on her lack of tanlines --- ANYWHERE! The other contestants shown all had tanlines but not CB,therefore, I think that CB has more going on than just a little innocent wet tshirt contest. NONETHELESS, as a nudist myself, I applaud her for her lack of tanlines.

I just have to wonder if she was/is not into more than just the contest.... only time will tell.
I wonder if Bosley ever freeboobed it while reading the news? With her over-inflated implants, how on earth would one be able to notice?

Nat

January 25th, 2004, 7:52 pm #5

They probable wouldn't. That's one thing about implants, they make breasts so firm that a bra is not needed. In fact implants have sometimes been called "built-in" bras.

JB
JB

January 25th, 2004, 8:09 pm #6

and

I think if she had no tanlines, it means she either sprays on a tan, goes to a tanning salon, or sunbathes nude. None of those things should be a problem for her employer. What she did was not as innocent as sunbathing nude and she did it publicly, in front of cameras and this might embarrass her employer.

Nat

January 26th, 2004, 3:57 am #7

Before I show the following link to Good Morning America, I will bet that Playboy will soon be in hot pursuit of this "model" and that she'll soon be in the pages of Playboy!

In the LONG term, this was probally a career move for her and with her looks, a movie will probally be made of it and it will live on in infamy!

Catherine Bosley, the Wet T-Shirt News Anchor, Appears on GMA
Well, now Catherine Bosley has taken her story nationally. She appeared on ABC NEWS' Good Morning America this week, claiming she had never even seen a wet T-shirt contest before she joined one in a Key West, Fla., bar nearly a year ago. Uh huh. But it took more than a year before the video of the contest surfaced on the Internet before she was forced to resign. The news director at Bosley's former station their Web site, saying "I will not compromise the integrity and professionalism of WKBN News. I did not sign on to run a tabloid news department, and the employees of WKBN did not sign on to work at one." For a link to the wet t-shirt contest photos click here. (Warning: Not Safe For Work)

// posted by Bob @ 1/21/2004 06:49:41 AM
It's just like a book or movie or artwork people try to ban. It just makes more people go see it.

Celeste
Celeste

January 26th, 2004, 7:48 am #8

and

Wow - am I the only one who thinks those puffed up balls on her chest are downright ugly? The only similarity they bear to breasts is that there are nipples on them!

Yucccckkkkk . . . .

January 26th, 2004, 3:19 pm #9

i don't think they're ugly, she has beautiful pink nipples. but i think they're spaced way too far apart. wouldn't look right in a low cut blouse or dress, it would be like, where's the cleavage?!

JB
JB

January 26th, 2004, 5:22 pm #10

Wow - am I the only one who thinks those puffed up balls on her chest are downright ugly? The only similarity they bear to breasts is that there are nipples on them!

Yucccckkkkk . . . .
I think she probably looked much better before the surgery regardless of how small they may have been.