bra free in the work place

bra free in the work place

June 30th, 2005, 11:41 pm #1

I've been bra free for almost 2 years and my breasts are the healthiest. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about what type of shirt to wear that won't show my breasts jiggling. I do have to wear short sleeve, nothing strapless, and I do wear a company vest. Its a little embarrasing when many people notice. I work at a retail store so I see lots of people. The funny thing is that people really only notice as I walk through the store to go on my breaks. I am not trying to attract attention. I would appreciate any ideas anyone would have.
Thanks

BigAl53
BigAl53

July 1st, 2005, 1:53 pm #2

Well, one girl I used to work with was always bra-free and often wore men's style vests with large armholes

I remember once her boss sent her home to change for wearing a 'tea-bag' tea shirt through which her nipples were clearly visible. (What a spoil sport!)

I also remember a large breasted girl (well, young-middle-aged woman)at work wearing a button-up blouse where the buttons were set quite wide apart; and another young girl who often wore a cropped tee-shirt, up which one could see the under-side of her boobs when she leaned forwards.

I guess all of these style tops should be avoided if you wish to retain your modesty; even though I enjoy them so much.

How I wish the naked breast would come back into fashion!

Nat

July 1st, 2005, 2:53 pm #3

I've been bra free for almost 2 years and my breasts are the healthiest. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about what type of shirt to wear that won't show my breasts jiggling. I do have to wear short sleeve, nothing strapless, and I do wear a company vest. Its a little embarrasing when many people notice. I work at a retail store so I see lots of people. The funny thing is that people really only notice as I walk through the store to go on my breaks. I am not trying to attract attention. I would appreciate any ideas anyone would have.
Thanks
During winter months, or in air-conditioned offices a light-weight sweater worn unbutton is very effective concealing brafree breasts.

emma427
emma427

July 1st, 2005, 3:57 pm #4

I have been bra free for over a year now. As far as what I wear to work, I just wear normal clothes. If the shirt is sheer or see through I wear a camisole under it. Everyone knows I am bra free and no one has ever said anything against it. I also work with 95 % men, so maybe that makes the difference. No catty females to complain.

Nat

July 1st, 2005, 5:43 pm #5

Yes Emma, I think women are much more prone to complain about a brafree colleague then men are.

JB
JB

July 1st, 2005, 9:03 pm #6

I have been bra free for over a year now. As far as what I wear to work, I just wear normal clothes. If the shirt is sheer or see through I wear a camisole under it. Everyone knows I am bra free and no one has ever said anything against it. I also work with 95 % men, so maybe that makes the difference. No catty females to complain.
Maybe the cattyness (sp?) of some women is due to the way some women carry themselves. If a woman does not "show off" the fact she does not wear a bra, then perhaps other women would not feel threatened by it.

Nat

July 1st, 2005, 11:22 pm #7

The point is- why should other women feel "threatened" anyway?
Wouldn't it be interesting to ask them why the undergarments of a fellow employee is so important to them.

michaela
michaela

July 2nd, 2005, 3:07 pm #8

Competition! It would be just as interesting to ask why the person driving a car risks everyones lives to pass and be in front. What did they gain by the maneuver? Just to be the leader? People are so competitive that I would bet they wouldn't even have an answer if you asked them why they do what they do. It just comes natural. They just GOTTA!

michaela
michaela

July 2nd, 2005, 3:11 pm #9

Control! Women want to have a say in what everyone else in the office is doing, wearing, thinking. If a woman thinks that the men in the office are paying more attention to a braless women you can bet money that the woman is going to cause trouble for the braless one. She will do whatever she can to control the situation in order to regain control. Even if it is all in her own little mind.

tgobg
tgobg

July 2nd, 2005, 6:49 pm #10

I am glad you pointed this out, I have noticed may occasions where women basically rip another womens attire to shreds verbally behind the victims back. I have also noticed where a woman was dressed "distractingly" and no man was going to mention it due to fear of sexual harrasment claims. I am all for letting a woman dress however she wants, but sometimes bra free is inappropriate. I am basing this on our blue uniforms in the Air Force. One of my fellow Airman was not a big fan of undergarments and it was quite noticable when she was bra free under the thin blue blouses(she was rather well endowed). One of the Female instructors at our Tech school took her aside and mentioned that she needed to wear something under the uniform. I know her red lace teddy looked pretty interesting under the thin blue Air Force blouse. That got another comment from the Instructor. After that day she mostly wore either a t-shirt or camisole under the uniform. As far as I know, she didnt own any bras or underwear, but no more comments were ever made about her being braless in uniform. Several years later I had a female supervisor who never wore a bra, but since we were always in Fatigues and she was rather small breasted no one ever said anything. Perhaps it was because there were not a lot of females in our shop or just because she didnt cause a distraction with her bralessness, but know one cared. I only found out because she became friends with my wife and we associated on a more social level when off duty.